News NRL exhibition match for Bega, but not everyone’s impressed

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be the most exciting event Bega has seen. They should be grateful Bankstown is coming to Bega.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This must be another blow to Elliott and his family. Tathra is pretty close to Bega is it not.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Former Bega Cheese boss Maurice van Ryn sentenced to 13 years' jail

A man could not take his eyes off the floor. A girl covered her mouth and blankly shook her head. A woman left the room, with a red, tear-stained face.

The enduring pain on the faces of Maurice van Ryn's victims and their families was stark as Judge Clive Jeffreys read out the graphic details of the former Bega Cheese boss' sexual attacks on children. Van Ryn, who did not look towards the public gallery as he sat hunched over in the NSW District Court dock, was on Wednesday sentenced to a maximum of 13 years' jail, with a non-parole period of seven years.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...ntenced-to-13-years-jail-20150909-gjivxm.html

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope both teams play there & after the game the fans burn down the stadium.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I hope both teams play there & after the game the fans burn down the stadium.
OR

Burn down the cheese factory and invite everyone for some fondue.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Spot on. There must be some perspective and truth in journalism standards set by the NRL when negotiating the media rights in the future...that's if there is much left of the game to attract any bidders in 5 years time.

This death by a thousand cuts publicity and negative attitude prevailing atm is having an effect and taking a toll...can't see many 6 year olds being encouraged by mum to play RL.

Some responsibility must be sheeted home to the scab journos and editors who only feast on the rotting carcass left with their constant twisting and sensationalism of events.

I hope they and the NRL start realising what damage they are doing to the game. It can't sustain the constant kick in the guts.
I agree. A lot could be said about all these issues and restricting access to the game of certain media identities and it is all true but I think this is a problem at the top. I consider Greenturd, the commissioners and Beattie etc to be the worst admin in the games history to be honest. They are only in it to rape every cent out of the organisation and do not care one little bit about the game. These guys just don't get the fact that they are actually the guardians of the game. Yes they are the boss's but a way more important role is there which is the one that they are heavily neglecting. The game is bigger then any club, person, boss or even the sponsors. This game use to be the fans game and that's what made it what it is. These muppets are suppose to protect the game, make sure it's safe and to keep it the number product in Australia if not the world. In it's purest form there is no other game on this planet that is better. Last bargaining agreement we were suppose to be taking back the game BUT it is very obvious that it never happened.

Next agreement the Boss's need a strategy to take the game back 100%, even if it means a financial hit. We need to role back some rules, return integrity back to the game where the ref's brother is not his boss, kick out betting agencies, sort out the punishment system by taking it away from the clubs and have a neutral integrity body that handles it all...and in the same way. Sort out the 3rd party cheating opportunities and only give access to media outlets/reporters who are interested in the game for it's product and not to destroy the game with negativity. We are quickly losing the game, maybe it's too late already?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree. A lot could be said about all these issues and restricting access to the game of certain media identities and it is all true but I think this is a problem at the top. I consider Greenturd, the commissioners and Beattie etc to be the worst admin in the games history to be honest. They are only in it to rape every cent out of the organisation and do not care one little bit about the game. These guys just don't get the fact that they are actually the guardians of the game. Yes they are the boss's but a way more important role is there which is the one that they are heavily neglecting. The game is bigger then any club, person, boss or even the sponsors. This game use to be the fans game and that's what made it what it is. These muppets are suppose to protect the game, make sure it's safe and to keep it the number product in Australia if not the world. In it's purest form there is no other game on this planet that is better. Last bargaining agreement we were suppose to be taking back the game BUT it is very obvious that it never happened.

Next agreement the Boss's need a strategy to take the game back 100%, even if it means a financial hit. We need to role back some rules, return integrity back to the game where the ref's brother is not his boss, kick out betting agencies, sort out the punishment system by taking it away from the clubs and have a neutral integrity body that handles it all...and in the same way. Sort out the 3rd party cheating opportunities and only give access to media outlets/reporters who are interested in the game for it's product and not to destroy the game with negativity. We are quickly losing the game, maybe it's too late already?
There'll be people who say it's all alarmist but can anyone say fans are happy about the way the game is perceived and the way it's headed? We need top notch best practice people. Not some dill who doesn't know about the teams strips and traditional names and another who is "owned" by the media.

Why is the NRL heirachy all about bashing their clubs and reacting to scumbag journos and Murdoch rags?

If there is some issue, say like our Mad Monday, why is the organisation formed to facilitate the clubs, the NRL, adding to their own clubs misery in a them versus us kids mentality.

They should be partners and working together to sort the problems.

They shouldn't be jumping in front of the camera talking up fines to their clubs and players, they are custodians of the game and should be quietly working to resolve any issues that come up.

The players union need to be more heavily involved in the running of the game. Yes and our guys should be judged by their peers on issues like this that aren't legal matters....or should not be legal issues at least.

There is so much room for improvement.

Greenberg, Beattie, Hill, Anderson, Pay, players union, all clubs ...get back control of the game.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Is this current administration the worst that's ever been?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Isn't it a free country???

When did Bega secede from the Commonwealth?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
There'll be people who say it's all alarmist but can anyone say fans are happy about the way the game is perceived and the way it's headed? We need top notch best practice people. Not some dill who doesn't know about the teams strips and traditional names and another who is "owned" by the media.

Why is the NRL heirachy all about bashing their clubs and reacting to scumbag journos and Murdoch rags?

If there is some issue, say like our Mad Monday, why is the organisation formed to facilitate the clubs, the NRL, adding to their own clubs misery in a them versus us kids mentality.

They should be partners and working together to sort the problems.

They shouldn't be jumping in front of the camera talking up fines to their clubs and players, they are custodians of the game and should be quietly working to resolve any issues that come up.

The players union need to be more heavily involved in the running of the game. Yes and our guys should be judged by their peers on issues like this that aren't legal matters....or should not be legal issues at least.

There is so much room for improvement.

Greenberg, Beattie, Hill, Anderson, Pay, players union, all clubs ...get back control of the game.
I think the difference is the simple question of, Why are you doing this? IMO Greenturd's answer for this is "advancement" when the people we want should be answering "LOVE of the game". If we had more love of the game type people in charge we wouldn't be in this mess.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just another ambitious politician looking for some spotlight. She'll find out the hard way it's bad judgement. 95% of Bega and the south coast will just want a game of NRL. Anyway, I've been drunk and passed out on the footpath in Bega myself, probably flashed my willy too - no big deal. Didn't even have any perverts taking pictures of me.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It wouldn't be just critisism of the Bulldogs would it? Raiders have Wrighton etc so those women would have taken more offence at physical violence surely.
Don't forget their fat centre. Blowjob Layloowa. Woman basher.

But it's ok, he didn't have a beer....

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And seriously, that place that makes cheese are being picky with their economy?

I heard Ethiopia rejected steak because they only want fresh lobster to eat....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have a problem with inviting people here with less than exemplary public profiles. We need to send a message that enough is enough. Men’s teams need to be worth looking up to and worth our money,” Cr Tapscott said.

Cr Dodds also voiced disapproval for providing support on a moral basis.

“I find it quite odd I'm not allowed to speak on anything other than the money. It goes to much more than the money being spent on the game,” Cr Dodds said.

“They've not proved themselves to be good community leaders or standard bearers.”
That's right turn your back on someone born and raised in the area. Makes one mistake, yet has been an staunch advocate for autism. Taking the moral high ground.

If not for the ill gotten coverage of the Mad Monday this discussion would be non existent, because Canberra is obviously not their issue if they think of having dialogue with them about investing in their ground and Canberra has played there before.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/27...t-making-giant-steps-in-fight-against-autism/