Opinion Nrl Draw

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
What the hell is the NRL doing honestly multiple rematches and it is only round 5! Completely insane. Also considering the lopsided nature of the draw for example the cows have played 1 top 8 side in the roosters from last year, while this week will mean we have already played the top 4 from last year! Seriously what is going on! I could take a bit of an uneven start if it wasn’t for the rematches. Until they get better the NRL should also consider giving the broncs so many Chanel 9 games. If it has to be a qld side so be it, at least share it around.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Apart from games needing to be locked in (IE Good Friday match v Bunnies), IMO the NRL need to do the following...

First 8 rounds, bottom 8 teams from previous year face each other. After that has done, they then face top 8 then back to bottom 8 teams.

No way in hell do bottom placed teams deserve to face top 4/8 teams twice in 6wks. Draw is fucked beyond belief.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL is predictable… same 5 to 6 teams every year for the past 5 years… when they changed the rules

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What the hell is the NRL doing honestly multiple rematches and it is only round 5! Completely insane. Also considering the lopsided nature of the draw for example the cows have played 1 top 8 side in the roosters from last year, while this week will mean we have already played the top 4 from last year! Seriously what is going on! I could take a bit of an uneven start if it wasn’t for the rematches. Until they get better the NRL should also consider giving the broncs so many Chanel 9 games. If it has to be a qld side so be it, at least share it around.
Brisbane always get gifted a good draw.Why is magic round usually an away game for Brisbane when its at their home ground.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You only have to look at the Bulldogs draw and the Sharks aka Prime ministers 13 to see how rigged the system is.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is NRLol the only sport in this country to completely fuck up a draw

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They get bigger crowds and gate takings at qld games. Its all revenue driven bullshit. Not designed to be fair, only profitable. Even televised games are dodgy and based on who gets the most viewers.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We never play the heavy hitters around origin either when they are missing a few players, cant remember what decade we didnt play melb in melb when we only played them once in the regular season, it is rigged im sure of that

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Just corrupt as fuk tbh. Let's face it, it directly affects who even get's into the 8. Add the 6 again to decide the games then what you have is a fixed sport.

You either play everyone once or everyone twice (home and away). Probably the only way to do that is a conference system which is long overdue.

There's no way in hell the top 8 let alone GF winner a true reflection of the best team.

gregeastwood

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think the thing that pisses me off most about the draw is the amount of teams gaining a shitty timeslot for decent games. For example, Bulldogs and Panthers was hyped up in the lead up to this season and was placed in a 6:15 Sunday timeslot where it won’t gain the viewership it deserved even if it was a one sided game lol. Just small stuff like that and other clashes need to be considered for prime time time slots. Seriously would have been much more entertaining to watch us on a Thursday night then whatever that Tigers vs Titans shit was lmao

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tonight's game was another example of why we should be culling a few teams, not adding new ones.
100% this. There is not enough quality players for more teams. Where are the dolphins going to get a quality 1,6,7,9 from. They are more then likely going to have to recruit all those positions which makes the teams the are getting them from weaker

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Brisbane always get gifted a good draw.Why is magic round usually an away game for Brisbane when its at their home ground.
The Magic Tound has me fired up too mate. Every year there are a few teams that always lose a home game, while others always seem to be the away team. We have been the home team every year either against Newcastle or Canberra.

As for the Broncos being an away team on their home ground, I think (guessing) that it might be a commercial decision. If say the Broncos have 25,000 members all with an allocated seat that is 25,000 less tickets they can sell. So they become an away side for the purpose of increasing revenue.

The only fair way in the Magic Round is to not play it in Brisbane every year And to rotate who is at home and who is away. At present it seems that many of the out of Sydney teams in the main are more favoured in this round by not losing a home game. There is no reasons why we can’t play it at Homebush every alternate year for example.

But one would have to say that the words fairness, National, Rugby and League should never be used in the same sentence.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also I’m not sure if im blind or dumb. But do we only vs dragons once? That has to be wrong right?

Not only are they one of our closest rival (being in the same catchment almost) they are also a shambles of a team. But I honestly think I must have misread the draw. Surely our only meeting isn’t at belmore either right?

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tonight's game was another example of why we should be culling a few teams, not adding new ones.
100% Accurate. I actually agreed with Joey when he suggested to drop the teams to 12 before adding teams.

Only way more teams is viable if the NRL pay all reserve graders a fair wage so they don't need to work as well as play. Train and play full time and bring back actual reserve grade, like.it used to be.