NRL crowds in Sydney are good!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting to see our crowd number tomorrow.
The NRL crowds in Sydney have been abysmal!!
The heart & soul of rugby league in this nation is Sydney.
Yet the NRL is more focused on ensuring Melbourne & Brisbane play finals every year (top 4 preferred) and protecting the Sutton brothers.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
NRL need a plan to get the crowds up.. the two premiership favourites played to a crowd of mostly family and friends tonight

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
crowds were better in the NSWRL then they are in the NRL

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
According to the old timers of Sydney originally you had to be a Catholic to play league.
They wouldn't let you play otherwise.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
According to the old timers of Sydney originally you had to be a Catholic to play league.
For Canterbury-Bankstown which was a Catholic club.
Other clubs were protestant. Exactly the same here in Melbourne with the Australian rules clubs.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That went for a lot of things, have a look into rangers celtic in the Scottish football ( soccer)
All religion

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They don't make money on ticket sales, they prefer betting and tv advertising money.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
They don't make money on ticket sales, they prefer betting and tv advertising money.
It's beyond a joke. They play a betting ad. Then play a kfc ad then another sports bet ad! Their should be laws against that.

Don't get me wrong. I never mind a punt, but doesn't need to be so in your face!

I don't need to learn how to bet.
I come from a family of gamblers, I've picked up some bad habits along the way! But nothing I don't struggle to manage. Haha

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's beyond a joke. They play a betting ad. Then play a kfc ad then another sports bet ad! Their should be laws against that.

Don't get me wrong. I never mind a punt, but doesn't need to be so in your face!

I don't need to learn how to bet.
I come from a family of gamblers, I've picked up some bad habits along the way! But nothing I don't struggle to manage. Haha
This generation of young kids watching NRL and Bet 360 ads etc and their teams jersey sponsors, have been massively brainwashed already. Imagine the betting agency's influence on the game in 10-20 years..if there is a game left to corrupt.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another huge Roosters crowd tonight :tearsofjoy:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The NRL needs to get some competent humans in to run the show or the game will be dead in 10 years

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL have no idea about how to get crowds. It’s embarrassing. Thursday night in Sydney is a complete no. Thursday night in general is a complete no. Surely channel 9 and fox sports could put there footy related shows on instead of the game and still have the same amount of viewers
I think putting all the games in place for the whole season works against them. Surely having the top teams playing prime time is better.
The obsession of having all games live on fox is killing the crowds. Put 2 games on Friday night 7:30. NSW / Canberra gets one every week, and QLD, Mel and NZ get one. Surely channel 9 can use GEM to show 2 games at once.
But in summary rugby league supporters generally only go when their team is going well, be interesting to see what crowd roosters v Rabbitohs get next week. 2 Sydney teams in the top 4 shouldn’t get minimum 30k

Status
Not open for further replies.