NRL Corruption Plain For Everyone To See

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well if king,from the storm doesn't get 5 weeks for the same thing as Waddell did, then it's gonna be hard to say there isn't favouritism for the storm or discrimination against us

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well if king,from the storm doesn't get 5 weeks for the same thing as Waddell did, then it's gonna be hard to say there isn't favouritism for the storm or discrimination against us
It isn't the same tho, 1-2 weeks MAX but probably nothing

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
"Waddell insisted he had only touched the forehead and bridge of Fa'asuamaleaui's nose, doing so by accident and without applying pressure.

But after listening to NRL counsel Patrick Knowles, the judiciary was satisfied Waddell's middle and index fingers had come into contact with Fa'asuamaleaui's eye socket."

Waddell deserved another 5 weeks on top for challenging.
He was found guilty of dangerous contact: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/03/13/juduciary-report-all-the-latest-charges/

What exactly did Waddell challenge?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not a great deal of difference IMO
I didn't see it live, but read your comment in here and straight away thought "yeah yeah, Dogs supporter, so probably exaggerating", I lined up Kayo and went back and looked at it. I can't see any effective difference with Waddell's case, based on the arguments that were made at the Judiciary. His fingers were in place for maybe slightly less time, but in every other way in terms of how the offence was described it is a match.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't see it live, but read your comment in here and straight away thought "yeah yeah, Dogs supporter, so probably exaggerating", I lined up Kayo and went back and looked at it. I can't see any effective difference with Waddell's case, based on the arguments that were made at the Judiciary. His fingers were in place for maybe slightly less time, but in every other way in terms of how the offence was described it is a match.
Already started a thread in General Discussion about this as it happened. You could not script this in term of the similarities of the offences and the timing immediately after Waddell. I am certain though that the NRL judiciary will not give King anything near 5 weeks. This is why I want the NRL gone from rugby league in this country before they kill the sport.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It would seem there is two types of people or thoughts on this.

First one see's everything that happens and wonders WTF and the other's believe it's a massive coincidence and the NRL has simply assembled the biggest group of useless fuks in history and it's all good!

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ATM all we know is corruption in the nrl hierarchy is plausible but not necessarily irrevocably evidential.

As I said before there is a clear lack of transparency and accountability, and a sure history of inconsistency which severely reduces confidence in the product as a whole.

Consumer confidence is paramount in any products success, however with the monopoly that is the NRL, any loss due to lack of consumer confidence is limited, allowing an environment where the NRL can afford to be a law unto themselves.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Interesting one just then in the Canberra V Titans game.

Gold Coast appeared to score a try, screen says "TRY CONFIRMED" during replays. Replay's after that slows it down and it shows he bounced the ball. Ref on-field then calls time and Bunker to check. Bunker then refuses try! Correct call in the end but as procedures go I thought as soon as Try is confirmed then that's it?

1 minute later Canberra score.