NRL corruption caught on live tv

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Cowboys cant stop play and challenge when the ref didnt make a call originally lol
They didn’t stop the play the fullback was tackled they could challenge what are you on about

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Brandy in commentary earlier before the Tigers scored their last try. He said Tigers need to score a try and convert to win the game...
I was like **** you can't count 4 points gets them 1 infront. Turns out Brandy was right.

I get it Tigers fans have every right to be filthy, however if they didn't miss 3 conversions they could have won.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If anyone still has any doubts about match fixing and corruption in the NRL... just catch the end of the tigers and cowboys game... absolutely unbelievable what I witnessed
Seen us cop some absolute bullshit, that's up there with the worst and no surprise to hear the clown Klein as the voice of insanity and stupidity

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Plainly robbed the Tigers of the game. To allow the challenge in a game that had not stopped was first and then the bunker got the call wrong with the player taking Feldt out. Back to back wrong calls from 2 different refs.
Well - u got the first part wrong. To make a challenge it has to be a restart infringement (tick) and a stoppage in play - FT (tick). Agree it's a completely shit decision. But the right to review is correct as crappy as it looks.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you imagine if this decided a Grand Final. Referees keep covering for incompetence but this can’t be hidden from this time. Disgraceful call.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, we win a game and yet we have another fuckn thread of you complaining about the nrl officiating. Your an absolute clown.
Don’t open the thread and read the comments if you’re offended then precious.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well - u got the first part wrong. To make a challenge it has to be a restart infringement (tick) and a stoppage in play - FT (tick). Agree it's a completely shit decision. But the right to review is correct as crappy as it looks.
How does it work?

• Only a captain or nominated co-captain can challenge a decision. Should the captain or co-captain be off the field, another player can be nominated to take his place.
  • Each team is allowed one unsuccessful challenge per game.
  • The only decision that can be challenged are ones which involve a structured restart of play (e.g penalty, scrum, drop-out, etc).
  • Challenges will not be permitted where the referee allows play to proceed.
Wasn't a restart, play was play*on deemed by the ref not giving an on field penalty. Game was over so not an official structured restart. Had the game had more time left the ref had it at play on.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly as tough as it was to watch a battling team just go down like that, FCUK YEAH! keeps us 1 round closer to avoiding the spoon.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What were they challenging?, you can only challenge a referees decision.
Premature ending to a game when there should have been a penalty awarded?

The more i look at it the more it makes sense tbh... Considering a stoppage can be classified as the ending of a game and considering the tigers players did run into the line of an attacking player i think the right calls were made.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Douehi was 2/5 with the boot

He kicks better there’s no controversy at the end

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyway fk Tigers and fk making a thread on this here after we won today

Fk all teams this is the bulldogs site

Reaction score
You can't make a challenge while the play is still going. Has to be if play has been broken down. It was either a penalty if the ref thought so and call it or play on. Also the blokes line was consistent with running from his spot in the same direction as the ball. The replay showed him looking up at the ball as he was running back towards it. Feldt done the whole TV logie effort with running into his back, falling over with arms flailing. Feldt could be seen pissing himself laughing afterwards,
I wonder what would have happened if after catching the ball, Laurie just got up and played the ball? The ref hadn't blown a penalty so he is entitled to do so. What would the ref had done then?

I think it would have meant the Cows wouldn't have been able to challenge and it would have forced the ref into a position where he has to either rule a penalty himself in a split second (without video ref assistance) or blow full time right there on the spot.

Because tigers wouldn't play the ball and the ref also hadn't ruled it a penalty, nor full time, it created an illusory "break down in play", when really it was just the tigers refusing to play the ball because they thought the game was over, and the referee also refusing to blow full time.

One of the weirdest and most confusing "grey areas" I've seen. Not asking you personally these questions. Just thinking aloud.

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I wonder what would have happened if after catching the ball, Laurie just got up and played the ball? The ref hadn't blown a penalty so he is entitled to do so. What would the ref had done then?

I think it would have meant the Cows wouldn't have been able to challenge and it would have forced the ref into a position where he has to either rule a penalty himself in a split second (without video ref assistance) or blow full time right there on the spot.

Because tigers refused to play the ball and the ref also hadn't ruled it a penalty, nor full time, it created an illusory "break down in play", when really it was just the tigers refusing to play the ball because they thought the game was over, and the referee also refusing to blow full time.

One of the weirdest and most confusing "grey areas" I've seen. Not asking you personally these questions. Just thinking aloud.
Yep get it. Although to me the ref didn't look like he was going to call anything other than fulltime. I may need to see the replay again though. To me the ref only started to get involved with that after the Cowboys players started swamping him. Then he decided to call for a challenge when there had been no ref call made to challenge? Plus the play never broke down and end of game is not a structured restart and thus can't make a challenge?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shit way to end Sunday footy, how did he do that?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
How does it work?

• Only a captain or nominated co-captain can challenge a decision. Should the captain or co-captain be off the field, another player can be nominated to take his place.
  • Each team is allowed one unsuccessful challenge per game.
  • The only decision that can be challenged are ones which involve a structured restart of play (e.g penalty, scrum, drop-out, etc).
  • Challenges will not be permitted where the referee allows play to proceed.
Wasn't a restart, play was play*on deemed by the ref not giving an on field penalty. Game was over so not an official structured restart. Had the game had more time left the ref had it at play on.
If a kick off isn't a structured start of play then what is it?

You missed the other point of you can only call at a stoppage. The end of the game is a stoppage.

Who knows how it works? Don't even know what a forward pass is anymore. Finucane is up for 3 weeks because... Critter got hurt or Penriff whinged hard enough - who knows.

Guarantee if it was Paul Vaughan who (legally) took the JAC intercept its called offside. Yet because JAC is the fastest man in the universe, play on.

They all just make shit up. But whether they could call or not is legit (and stupid too).

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bro he let cowboys challenge when the game wasnt even stopped by the ref ahahaha and that call was shocking, feldt ran into the bloke
I'm with you bro. A) what were they actually challenging? What decision? It was stopped by FT. And B) the video ref 100% fucked up. Should be fired.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Tigpies where boned on national television if the betting agencies where fair they would refund all bets placed on the tigers to win, but you won’t see that happening. It sickens me that the NRL where “socially conscious” enough to ban alcohol and tobacco sponsorship but are happy to take the money from betting agencies and let them run the game, and if you think they aren’t you’ve probably already bet your pay cheque on it.