NRL corruption caught on live tv

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If a kick off isn't a structured start of play then what is it?

You missed the other point of you can only call at a stoppage. The end of the game is a stoppage.

Who knows how it works? Don't even know what a forward pass is anymore. Finucane is up for 3 weeks because... Critter got hurt or Penriff whinged hard enough - who knows.

Guarantee if it was Paul Vaughan who (legally) took the JAC intercept its called offside. Yet because JAC is the fastest man in the universe, play on.

They all just make shit up. But whether they could call or not is legit (and stupid too).
Yep, get what your saying about the kick-off. Stoppage as in play breaks down and a decision can be challenged. The FB caught the ball, the Cowboys placed a hand on him to deem him tackled. The ref had made no call at all and the first one he did make was the challenge. Surely the ref has to make a call in the first place in order for the Cowboys to "challenge" that call? Not, no call at all so let's just go to the bunker in what is active time? The ref made no call to challenge?

I watched it just then another 4 times or so.

Fukin NRL with their rule tampering, I agree with you. Who fukin knows anymore. Bloody hell!

Reaction score
If a kick off isn't a structured start of play then what is it?
The rule means decisions resulting in a structured restart can be challenged, not the actual structured restart itself.

For example, if a player kicks a drop out, you can't stop the game to challenge whether a player was offside off the drop out (or kick off), but you can challenge the decision that LED to the ruling of a drop out, like the ref ruling a player knocked the ball dead. This decision can be challenged because it results in a structured restart.

Another example: The ref rules a player knocks on and calls a scrum. This can be challenged because it's a decision that resulted in a structured restart. But you can't stop the game and challenge the actual structured restart, only referee decisions that result in a structured restart.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Yep, get what your saying about the kick-off. Stoppage as in play breaks down and a decision can be challenged. The FB caught the ball, the Cowboys placed a hand on him to deem him tackled. The ref had made no call at all and the first one he did make was the challenge. Surely the ref has to make a call in the first place in order for the Cowboys to "challenge" that call? Not, no call at all so let's just go to the bunker in what is active time? The ref made no call to challenge?

I watched it just then another 4 times or so.

Fukin NRL with their rule tampering, I agree with you. Who fukin knows anymore. Bloody hell!
The only mistake was the ref didn't blow FT. But technically, the rule was correctly applied.

But mistake #1 - unless its off the chart - ref doesn't decide the game. That was far from off the chart.

Reckon its one of those - you can interpret it this way type things. Cannot wait for Analselly to try to justify this mess.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone still has any doubts about match fixing and corruption in the NRL... just catch the end of the tigers and cowboys game... absolutely unbelievable what I witnessed
I don't believe it is corrupt.

It's just that they are applying a set of rules and at NO stage do they apply Common sense.

I dont know why the bunker didn't take their time on the decision. Take another 2 mins, I don't care. Just it fekking right. They didn't.

They fekked up. And now they will pay.

NRL has lost fans tonight. It even lost the respect of ex players, and commentators alike.

It's not corruption but rather incompetence.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The only mistake was the ref didn't blow FT. But technically, the rule was correctly applied.

But mistake #1 - unless its off the chart - ref doesn't decide the game. That was far from off the chart.

Reckon its one of those - you can interpret it this way type things. Cannot wait for Analselly to try to justify this mess.
I'm not convinced but I'm done with it. Cheers for discussing it like a person.

Last edited:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
The rule means decisions resulting in a structured restart can be challenged, not the actual structured restart itself.

For example, if a player kicks a drop out, you can't stop the game to challenge whether a player was offside off the drop out (or kick off), but you can challenge the decision that LED to the ruling of a drop out, like the ref ruling a player knocked the ball dead. This decision can be challenged because it results in a structured restart.

Another example: The ref rules a player knocks on and calls a scrum. This can be challenged because it's a decision that resulted in a structured restart. But you can't stop the game and challenge the actual structured restart, only referee decisions that result in a structured restart.
Sure. My bad.

But I'm still right though.

This is from a nrl presser in April. So this covers all the NRL changes after 2020.

The NRL does not want the game to become like NFL, with constant stoppages to review each play, and the captain’s challenge is only permitted to contest a decision by the referee. They include:

• Offside - kick chase
  • Re-start infringements
  • Stealing the ball
  • Foul play
  • Obstruction
  • Mid-air tackle
Incidents not detected by the match officials can't be challenged if there is no stoppage and players cannot deliberately force play to stop so they can call for a captain's challenge.

The ref made a call there was no obstruction and there was a stoppage in play. Thats it. Per above - only blue in calling it was the ref didn't blow the whistle for FT.

Shit rule.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brandy in commentary earlier before the Tigers scored their last try. He said Tigers need to score a try and convert to win the game...
I was like **** you can't count 4 points gets them 1 infront. Turns out Brandy was right.

I get it Tigers fans have every right to be filthy, however if they didn't miss 3 conversions they could have won.
Not the point.
They had the game won until they were robbed by a challenge that shouldn't have been allowed followed by the most incompetent decision you will ever see by an official in any sport.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Tigpies where boned on national television if the betting agencies where fair they would refund all bets placed on the tigers to win, but you won’t see that happening. It sickens me that the NRL where “socially conscious” enough to ban alcohol and tobacco sponsorship but are happy to take the money from betting agencies and let them run the game, and if you think they aren’t you’ve probably already bet your pay cheque on it.
I would be surprised if betting agencies didnt refund on it. They seem to have more integrity than the NRL.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I would be surprised if betting agencies refund on it. They seem to have more integrity than the NRL.
I wouldn’t use “integrity” and “ betting agency” in the same paragraph.

Reaction score
Sure. My bad.

But I'm still right though.

This is from a nrl presser in April. So this covers all the NRL changes after 2020.

The NRL does not want the game to become like NFL, with constant stoppages to review each play, and the captain’s challenge is only permitted to contest a decision by the referee. They include:

• Offside - kick chase
  • Re-start infringements
  • Stealing the ball
  • Foul play
  • Obstruction
  • Mid-air tackle
Incidents not detected by the match officials can't be challenged if there is no stoppage and players cannot deliberately force play to stop so they can call for a captain's challenge.

The ref made a call there was no obstruction and there was a stoppage in play. Thats it. Per above - only blue in calling it was the ref didn't blow the whistle for FT.

Shit rule.
I believe you are misinterpreting the rules. A referee "not calling an obstruction" is not a referee making a decision that leads to a structured restart of play.

Full time also isn't a stoppage that results in a structured restart of play. And the ref hadn't made a ruling on obstruction, so it can't be challenged. If the ref had ruled an obstruction, then that can be challenged.

A referee not making a decision, is not a decision by the referee. A non-decision can't be challenged, or else every moment in the game could be deemed a decision and be challenged.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If anyone still has any doubts about match fixing and corruption in the NRL... just catch the end of the tigers and cowboys game... absolutely unbelievable what I witnessed
What’s this doing under Bulldogs discussion?
And exactly how is it ‘corruption’??

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, we win a game and yet we have another fuckn thread of you complaining about the nrl officiating. Your an absolute clown.
150%. Bulldogs win so he can’t call the ref from our game a cheat, so it’s gotta be another game where there’s ‘corruption’. It’s nauseating…