News NRL coach in hot water after angry clash with punter in toilet at races

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know what to believe and honestly don't really care that much. But I will say that Kent did a good job of polishing O'Brians halo.

Hugely different reaction to a Bulldogs coach being in the vicinity of some private antics that the media went to great lengths to spy on and take photos of at a mad Monday celebration though. Coach and all senior officials should be sacked in that case. The media did a great job of honing the devils horns to a sharp point there.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know what to believe and honestly don't really care that much. But I will say that Kent did a good job of polishing O'Brians halo.

Hugely different reaction to a Bulldogs coach being in the vicinity of some private antics that the media went to great lengths to spy on and take photos of at a mad Monday celebration though. Coach and all senior officials should be sacked in that case. The media did a great job of honing the devils horns to a sharp point there.
Polishing his knob more like it.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a wankfest of an article. Could they try any harder to shoot down anything that was said and victimise the Newcastle coach. There is a shit culture around that club.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Knights Farout... all Buderus talks about is building culture blah blah and they keep getting pissed and having punch ons with the public. They get away with the worst shit up there as well. A former Newcastle police officer told me some shit about one of their favourite sons. Would of been sacked if it came out these days.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Knights Farout... all Buderus talks about is building culture blah blah and they keep getting pissed and having punch ons with the public. They get away with the worst shit up there as well. A former Newcastle police officer told me some shit about one of their favourite sons. Would of been sacked if it came out these days.
Back in the 90's I worked with the sister of a then current Knights player. She told me stories about a favourite son who had a reputation for not paying cab fares. Playing the "don't you know who i am" card on a regular basis. It got to the point where cab drivers refused to pick him up and left him standing there when he hailed a ride.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
So delirious he forgot who he was, drunken thug in public, needs to be stood down.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
This behaviour is disgusting he could very well have been carrying a bomb. Like a terrorist like the bulldogs do.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Mate of mine used to work at the Beaches Hotel in Merewether back when the Johns boys, O’Davis and others were at their peak. The stories of things he witnessed first hand - far out. Those guys had free passes everywhere they went as they were treated like gods and didn’t they exploit it - they were untouchable. Hence the gag of the Joey Johns meal at McDonalds - no burger, no fries, just coke and ice...:-).

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Hold your horses
The “incident” involving Knights coach Adam O’Brien at Newcastle Racecourse, where he was accused of being out of control and involved in a scuffle, has done considerable damage to his reputation. The story was spreading fast early in the week and I spoke with the Knights coach about it. I came away convinced he had done nothing wrong, that he was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time and ran into a couple of blokes who were on a big day out.
Former Titans coach Garth Brennan saw what took place and texted Newcastle chief executive Phil Gardner after he saw the matter gaining traction in the media.
“Hi Phil, Garth Brennan here,” he wrote. “Mate, I’ve just read some stuff online in the media about Adam O’Brien at the races. Now I don’t know Adam well, we’ve met probably twice over the years, but I felt I should touch base with you and support him on what happened on this occasion. I’m sure you’re fully supporting him but if you need any reassurance I want you to know Adam acted calmly and fully professionally.

“I was at the races on that day and was near where it all happened. I had a table near the group of guys who were involved in the incident for most of the day and they were loud and extremely intoxicated. I witnessed Adam coming out of the toilets and he was calm and in control where the group of men were yelling at Adam, yahooing, slapping hands and carrying on when Adam walked away with his staff, which was the wise decision.
“I only spoke briefly with Adam and he wasn’t affected at all and in complete control. After 18 years in the cops I reckon I can identify scenarios like this with idiots carrying on and I reckon Adam handled himself perfectly.”

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes....the player quite often used the "Don't you know who I am" line. Remember how Willie Mason got done for avoiding a cab fare?

The favourite son did it many times and we all remember the reveals of drug taking etc.....after he had retired and the fact he had played games whilst under the influence....