News NRL approaches Bulldogs and Tigers as governing body looks to build and own new stadium

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
New stadiums I am all for. I think the South West needs a new stadium like Bankwest.

Having said that, how many Bulldogs fans are going to travel that far for games? Especially if it is a lot of games. I wouldn't. I also wouldn't travel to the SFS for a lot of games either.

Olympic Park is a good spot for Bulldogs fans. What we ideally should push for is knocking that POS stadium down and building a proper one.
I honestly don't mind Olympic Park. Ok soulless when we are shit, but we have had great times there when we were good.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I honestly don't mind Olympic Park. Ok soulless when we are shit, but we have had great times there when we were good.
Like the location but the stadium sucks. It is an athletics stadium. We need a proper rectangular stadium where you are closer to the action. It would be fugging amazing. Imagine a Bankwest style stadium that was 60-80k capacity. Jizz.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
New stadiums I am all for. I think the South West needs a new stadium like Bankwest.

Having said that, how many Bulldogs fans are going to travel that far for games? Especially if it is a lot of games. I wouldn't. I also wouldn't travel to the SFS for a lot of games either.

Olympic Park is a good spot for Bulldogs fans. What we ideally should push for is knocking that POS stadium down and building a proper one.
You're presuming that everyone lives in the Canterbury district because they go for the Dogs. I live in the Liverpool district and would love to see them out here in a state of the art stadium instead of that soul less Homebush stadium where you need binoculars to see the players....each to their own, I suppose.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
You're presuming that everyone lives in the Canterbury district because they go for the Dogs. I live in the Liverpool district and would love to see them out here in a state of the art stadium instead of that soul less Homebush stadium where you need binoculars to see the players....each to their own, I suppose.

I know not all fans live in the Canterbury council (I live in Parra) but lets be honest, a very large chunk do.

I would love if we played home games at Parra, I could walk there. But tonnes of fans complain about that when it happens as it is apparently so difficult to get to. Imagine how much they would complain if they had to drive to Liverpool or Campbelltown etc.

No doubt it would suit some people, but it would annoy a tonne of fans.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know not all fans live in the Canterbury council (I live in Parra) but lets be honest, a very large chunk do.

I would love if we played home games at Parra, I could walk there. But tonnes of fans complain about that when it happens as it is apparently so difficult to get to. Imagine how much they would complain if they had to drive to Liverpool or Campbelltown etc.

No doubt it would suit some people, but it would annoy a tonne of fans.
Would love to play the bulk of our games at Bank West. it's an epic stadium with great amenities and the game day experience is second to none.

TAS

All In
Reaction score
If they go back to their initial plan of converting Stadium Australia into a 70k seat rectangular stadium with a retractable roof, that would be the ultimate outcome. Upgraded facilities with great atmosphere close to all the action when spectating and a relatively easy location to get to.

Government needs to push forward with this plan.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
T
Would love to play the bulk of our games at Bank West. it's an epic stadium with great amenities and the game day experience is second to none.
Hate any of our games to be at Wankwest it’s too hard to get to, takes me 2 buses and 2 trains each way while Liverpool is 1 bus. Stadium OZ is also 1 bus, so is Belmore. Travelling time to and from Wankfest is longer than the game, makes no farkin sense for me to go to games there.

Always a Bulldog

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Here's a stupid question: why are we now playing just as many games at Bankwest as we are at Homebush?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe the Canterbury district needs to start voting Liberal instead of Labour. Would make sense.
Ditto the Bankstown electorate both Federal and State plus the farkin incompetent Canterbury Bankstown Council full of loonie lefties.

Always a Bulldog

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally think the best location for the to build a stadium is at meakin Park in Logan qld, its only a 5 min drive for me, you blokes down south would have to add a bit of extra travel time, but I think we could all manage.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I personally think the best location for the to build a stadium is at meakin Park in Logan qld, its only a 5 min drive for me, you blokes down south would have to add a bit of extra travel time, but I think we could all manage.
Hear me out here. Armidale is somewhere between 1% to 99% of the way between the Sydney locations discussed and your ideal location in Qld. It'd be only fair if we could get a stadium built 5 minutes from my place that suits both Sydney and Qld fans equally.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hear me out here. Armidale is somewhere between 1% to 99% of the way between the Sydney locations discussed and your ideal location in Qld. It'd be only fair if we could get a stadium built 5 minutes from my place that suits both Sydney and Qld fans equally.
That would be awsome, our boys would get to play in snow, I remember as a young fella playing union against TAS in the snow up there.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not happening at all now....they have done a backflip....

NSW government set for change of heart on stadium upgrades
A big winner, but an equally big loser.

SCOTT PRYDE
EDITOR
NOVEMBER 29, 2021 - 11:24AM

The New South Wales government have reportedly revealed new stadium upgrade plans for Sydney, with Leichhardt upgrades back on the agenda as Liverpool misses out.

It had previously been reported that Liverpool was set for a new stadium to house both the Wests Tigers and Canterbury Bulldogs - a central location between Belmore and Campbelltown where the population is expanding.

ADVERTISEMENT

It had also been reported that Penrith was set for a brand new stadium, which would see the Panthers play out of Parramatta during 2023 and 2024 while it was being built on the site of their current venue, with the stadium set to model that of CommBank Stadium in Parramatta.

NRL Rd 3 - Roosters v Rabbitohs
While Penrith is still set for major upgrade works according to a new Daily Telegraph report, the proposed stadium in Liverpool for the Bulldogs and Tigers - as well as Macarthur FC in the A-League and likely some Waratahs Super Rugby games - has been scuppered by the government, who have had a change of heart.

Australian Rugby League Commission chairman Peter V'Landys has made no secret of his desire for upgrades to suburban grounds, and the government agree, with new state premier Dominic Perrottet saying as much recently.

ADVERTISEMENT

According to the reports, the plans for Penrith and Brookvale to receive funds for upgrades are still on, while Stadium Australia is still set to get a retractable roof put over it in lieu of earlier upgrade plans which were supposed to see it turned into a permanent rectangular stadium with a 70,000 capacity.

Those plans were dismissed when COVID hit New South Wales, but upgrade works will still be carried out at the Homebush venue, while it is also reported that the government will set aside money for Leichhardt Oval and Shark Park to upgrade facilities.

Shark Park has just been offline as far as hosting NRL goes for two years following club upgrades, while Leichhardt was reportedly going to miss out on funding for upgrades, but if latest reports are to believed, that is now back on the table, although to what extent remains to be seen.

The government have previously earmarked a formal announcement by Christmas.
So Parrot-Tits grand plan is to put lipstick on pigs and upgrade all the shitty grounds with bits and pieces, even though their too small to do anything significant to. Heritage council will block doing anything to the old stands, and their isn’t enough room to add proper new stands, plus the parking and access headaches remain.

And now SA is to remain an oval but have a roof put on it.

Visionary. Truly fucking visionary.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
That would be awsome, our boys would get to play in snow, I remember as a young fella playing union against TAS in the snow up there.
As someone who went to TAS. It was mainly sleet that you played on. I actually never remember it snowing. Was only at TAS for 2 years though.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As someone who went to TAS. It was mainly sleet that you played on. I actually never remember it snowing. Was only at TAS for 2 years though.
Awsome bro!
I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between snow and sleet, atleast at that age, but it was an amazing experience!

Did you play union for TAS?

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Awsome bro!
I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between snow and sleet, atleast at that age, but it was an amazing experience!

Did you play union for TAS?
As a border I played every sport that was available. And plenty of yabbie hunting in the dams around the area.