News NRL Announces Findings Into Tyrone Peachey-Mitch Barnett Racial Abuse Allegation

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

NRL Announces Findings Into Tyrone Peachey-Mitch Barnett Racial Abuse Allegation

1601358282985.png
The NRL has completed its invetigation into allegations of racial abuse during the Gold Coast Titans' Friday night match against the Newcastle Knights.

The NRL Integrity Unit was unable to determine exactly what happened or what was said between Titans player Tyrone Peachey and Knights forward Mitch Barnett.
Peachey alleged Barnett called him a "black c**t" during the match.
Barnett admitted to using the c-word in their running onfield battle, but denied racially abusing Peachey.
MORE: Kula cleared of brain tumour | Johnston lifts the lid on contract saga
The NRL announced its findings on Tuesday afternoon, with both players being referred to a conciliation process.
"The NRL Integrity Unit interviewed or received statements from the players involved in the matter, players from both teams in the vicinity of the incident, match officials, club officials, and reviewed footage and audio from the broadcast and internal comms records," the NRL said in a statement.
"The NRL’s investigation, conducted under the Game’s Anti-Vilification Code, has not been able to determine the matter and the facts remain contested by each player.
"In accordance with the provisions of the Code, both players involved will now be referred to a conciliation process."
NRL Chief Executive Andrew Abdo said the game would closely monitor the outcome of conciliation.
“Rugby league is an inclusive game and we take our duty of care to all of our players very seriously," he said.
"It is important that every player feels supported when they make a complaint, and we want to see our players take a leadership role in speaking out.
“It is also important that where there is a dispute as to what has been said, the game has a process designed to bring the parties together to address those matters in an appropriate way.
"My priority right now is monitoring the welfare of both players.
"I’m hopeful a conciliation meeting will find a resolution that benefits both players.”

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
So in other words Peachey misheard/made it up but Barnett still has to go through a bunch of shit to protect his feewings

Has anybody ever heard a non-aboriginal born after 1950 call an aboriginal "black"? In my experience, people under 70 use the word black to refer to sub-saharan africans, never aboriginals.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe Peachy is just a **** despite his skin colour and race? He seems like it if you ask me

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So in other words Peachey misheard/made it up but Barnett still has to go through a bunch of shit to protect his feewings

Has anybody ever heard a non-aboriginal born after 1950 call an aboriginal "black"? In my experience, people under 70 use the word black to refer to sub-saharan africans, never aboriginals.
Nobody uses the word "black" to describe Aboriginal people? What planet are you on, seriously.