NRL Allstars Fri 15th Feb - Discussion Thread

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The NRL really have no fucking idea what the fans want to see. WTF is the point of this match?
Cash grab. The NRL will be hoping to sell plenty of merchandise while potentially getting a cut of advertising revenue and kickbacks from the gambling sponsors.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The game was entertaining and the refs were good. That’s what happens without a Sutton as ref.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
CHN looked pretty fit to me. I think he will do well for us, not concerned about this match

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought for bulldogs side of things that Chris smith was very strong

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is a game to showcase the superstars.

The background actors were never going to get any ball or praise.

Whole thing was fixed to be the Addo-Car / L. Mitchell show

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cash grab. The NRL will be hoping to sell plenty of merchandise while potentially getting a cut of advertising revenue and kickbacks from the gambling sponsors.
The nrl administration needs to be removed. Aboriginal players except for 4 or 5 snubbed the anthem. This I didn’t like. As the Moari players had there anthem sang in Moari then English they sang proudly. Our aboriginal players should of had our anthem sang in aboriginal then English I am sure many more aboriginal players would off joined in. The NRL is only dividing our country even more. Extremely poor admistration. Disgraceful.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not to mention the Police propaganda was atrocious.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For me it’s bullshit, you can’t undo the past. The players should be grateful and respect the country that that has given them so much.

Anyone who disrespected the national anthem last night should be sheep hearded off a cliff.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For me it’s bullshit, you can’t undo the past. The players should be grateful and respect the country that that has given them so much.

Anyone who disrespected the national anthem last night should be sheep hearded off a cliff.
I agree with most of what u said. What happened has happened especially not by us. Its true u cannot undue it. My first reaction was an angry one. I said to myself these players should not be given such an honour and show no respect to our anthem. The anthem should off being sung in both languages these players were also representing their culture but i am annoyed at them not respecting our anthem.

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the age of equality in a country that leads the world in multiculturalism that gave them Rugby league they still look for resentment.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kayln Ponga is very similar to Hayne and Mbye. He is a magnificent athlete, but is an incomplete footballer.
I think he will improve though, as hes young.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm going to cop some flak for this. But the younger generation of Aboriginal people, would for the most part not give a shit about the stolen generation. The outrage they claim is manufactured. Educational opportunities are as readily available for them in the cities. Probably more so since welfare payment rates for studying are better than those of Australians of European heritage. It's not white Australians denying them the chance to improve themselves. It's mostly the attitude that things should be handed to them and that their parents need to accept some responsibility for guidance.

I went to university with an Aboriginal fellow who was more pissed off that his family continually told him not to try.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe they resent the poor Police culture towards them, Ive heard them say Aboriginals are undeserved.
There is still room for attitood adjustment.
Still a great game but knew they would win, great season opener.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I can understand representing the country where you are born or live but race? I doubt any of these players are full indigenous anyway maybe only a couple. The snubbing of our anthem annoyed me sorry for the rant lol.
Pretty sure no one is full indigenous anymore, definitely not anyone in the NRL anyway. Maybe out in NT.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Time to cull it...

The match drew a combined audience on free-to-air and pay TV of only 552,000 viewers – 23 per cent lower than when the match was last played two years ago.

The NRL has lost 160,000 viewers since the game was last played. That’s despite the fact fans have been starved of football, the match was refreshed with a new format, it featured some of the biggest names in the game and turned out to be a quality contest.