News NRL Agenda: How Cameron Ciraldo can reignite toothless Bulldogs attack

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone unlock full article please from daily telegraph please?

Canterbury’s halves are under the pump as the Bulldogs struggle to pile on the points but a simple switch could be all that’s needed to fire up their attack. Check out all the NRL’s biggest talking points!

From a new recruit that was filled with promise but now faces the axe to more drama at a struggling outfit, where fuel was added to the fire by the people supposed to be protecting the club.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Just says our halves aren’t firing maybe Ciro should move Averillo to FB as he is a naturally ball player we’re Perham isn’t, it might get the spine going a bit better… not a lot there

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just says our halves aren’t firing maybe Ciro should move Averillo to FB as he is a naturally ball player we’re Perham isn’t, it might get the spine going a bit better… not a lot there
Avo to FB.
Where's Daily Tellucrap putting Perham?

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t give a fuck about Perhams passing as long as he catch’s kicks and returns that’s ok…. We need to approach our half back situation more cautiously and carefully but I think we will see some tweaks from round five onwards.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Perham is nothing but a stop gap solution, since they bought the other Penrith centre to play FB.
I thought that too.
But now I'm not so sure.
I'm actually really liking perham and think he will become a better player with a season under his belt.
I honestly think we will move on avo and chriton will play centre.
I think flanno with be let go this year and that young bronco kid will replace him in the halves.

I think we will also let Thomo go and our recruiting will be heavily targeting forwards.

I think we are on the right track.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Perham is nothing but a stop gap solution, since they bought the other Penrith centre to play FB.
Stevo straight to fullback. when here. Hayze showed bits an bobs but that’s about it.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL Agenda: How Cameron Ciraldo can reignite toothless Bulldogs attack | Daily Telegraph
From a new recruit that was filled with promise but now faces the axe to more drama at a struggling outfit, where fuel was added to the fire by the people supposed to be protecting the club.

Check out all the biggest rugby league talking points in this week’s NRL Agenda.

PODCAST HOT TAKE: HOW DOGS CAN BITE BACK

Once again Matt Burton and Kyle Flanagan are under fire for the Bulldogs’ toothless attack but maybe it’s time coach Cameron Ciraldo reassess his pick at fullback.

If scoring points and creating try opportunities is the priority, then trying centre Jake Averillo at fullback ahead of Hayze Perham could help spark the spine into action.

Averillo is naturally a playmaker with fullback ambitions, while Perham’s passing game is still developing.

Jake Averillo could spark the Bulldogs attack from fullback. Picture: Getty Images
Jake Averillo could spark the Bulldogs attack from fullback. Picture: Getty Images
In a side where the coach is willing to stick with his halves pairing, a move this columnist backs, then the solution might be in another key position, fullback.

The Daily Telegraph’s Monday podcast crew got stuck into the teething problems at the Bulldogs, Joseph Suaalii’s defection and Parramatta’s head scratching recruitment moves around skipper Clint Gutherson.

The Daily Telegraph NRL Podcast

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Perham doesn't pass. Opposition never have to worry about him as they know all he will do is take a hit up.

We have: -

A FB that doesn't pass and just run
A HB that doesn't run and just passes
A Centre pretending to be a 5/8th that doesn't pass much, doesn't run much and puts up one 50/50 bomb every 5 or 10 games (still haven't seen it this year.
An elite future QLD hooker who carries the whole team.

And you guys don't agree with Gus when he said we are a bottom 4 team?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
NRL Agenda: How Cameron Ciraldo can reignite toothless Bulldogs attack | Daily Telegraph

Check out all the biggest rugby league talking points in this week’s NRL Agenda.

PODCAST HOT TAKE: HOW DOGS CAN BITE BACK

Once again Matt Burton and Kyle Flanagan are under fire for the Bulldogs’ toothless attack but maybe it’s time coach Cameron Ciraldo reassess his pick at fullback.

If scoring points and creating try opportunities is the priority, then trying centre Jake Averillo at fullback ahead of Hayze Perham could help spark the spine into action.

Averillo is naturally a playmaker with fullback ambitions, while Perham’s passing game is still developing.

In a side where the coach is willing to stick with his halves pairing, a move this columnist backs, then the solution might be in another key position, fullback.

The Daily Telegraph’s Monday podcast crew got stuck into the teething problems at the Bulldogs, Joseph Suaalii’s defection and Parramatta’s head scratching recruitment moves around skipper Clint Gutherson.

The Daily Telegraph NRL Podcast
Translation....

Just ignore your 2 broken legs and focus on the scratch on your finger....

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averagillo never passed at fullback last year either did he? All he has is that dummy and run himself move that gets read 99% of the time because he does it so often

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a surprising DT opinion but we already found out the hard way that Avo is not a natural ball player, whereas Perham is showing ability to read the game and is improving. I'd like to see him throw a few more passes in open play cause my guess is that he'll be good at it. Anyhow I'm not sure how that move would fix a dud halfback problem?

The only thing that will save Flanno is no obvious replacement. Oloapu is obviously good but he'll get more benefit out of time in cup than being thrown into NRL. He still looks really green in the cup games I've watched. Maybe later this year. I doubt Reynolds would get 80 so picking him means a shuffle at some stage, and probably carrying an inexperienced half on the bench after Nu Browns injury. Maybe Rajeb - at least he's played world cup games. Reynolds would probably be bench.

I'd love to see something different, but Flanno's gonna be there again this week unfortunately.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Perham doesn't pass. Opposition never have to worry about him as they know all he will do is take a hit up.

We have: -

A FB that doesn't pass and just run
A HB that doesn't run and just passes
A Centre pretending to be a 5/8th that doesn't pass much, doesn't run much and puts up one 50/50 bomb every 5 or 10 games (still haven't seen it this year.
An elite future QLD hooker who carries the whole team.

And you guys don't agree with Gus when he said we are a bottom 4 team?
The fact Ciraldo had us so close to 3-1 without our two most expensive props along with other injuries that has Okunbor playing middle, the rabble you just mentioned and terrible shit referee decisions reflecting significantly on last match is a good effort.