News NRL 2023: Speculation growing Mitch Moses could leave Parramatta, sign with Tigers or Bulldogs

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
Moses is obviously interested in the thought of coming to the dogs. So there’s that.
If I were Gus,
I’d cut him a 1.5mil a year cheque for 4 years and ice the deal.

small price to pay with the cap going up to literally buy what would be the greatest half back into the clubs history.
I think he'd be offended by that offer. I say 6.7mil a year for 12 years plus 68mil bonus for making the 8 and another 44mil bonus for beating parra or tigers.

Small price to pay for the greatest halfback of all time.

Buster007

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think he'd be offended by that offer. I say 6.7mil a year for 12 years plus 68mil bonus for making the 8 and another 44mil bonus for beating parra or tigers.

Small price to pay for the greatest halfback of all time.
Not funny

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
See that screams to me 500k to 600k not a million dollars plus. You see my issue? If it was Moses on 550k I'd be saying go for it, I don't expect him to win a comp as he's not that player but he might get us to a top 7 finish. It's the price more than anything and bare in mind he's not 21 years old this is about as good as Moses will ever get
The vast majority of good half backs will tell you that they were better players at 31 than 21.

Mitchell's game is on a steady upward curve .... and he is entering his prime years.

Can you imagine how good our kicking game, just for starters, would be with Moses/Burton/Mahoney ? Probably unmatched in the history of the NRL.

I would have no problem whatsoever with Gus making Mitchell our highest paid player for four years from 2024, as he will be the centerpiece of our rebuild.

When Moses retires, Burton who would be 27/28 years old HOPEFULLY takes over the mantle of highest paid/best player.

To my mind The Dogs and Moses are a PERFECT fit for a variety of reasons, .... timing, window, age/prime, style of play etc ...

I will be VERY surprised and disappointed if we fail to land him.

Buster007

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So who do you support ? And are you here to troll?
I never tell anyone who I support. I keep that private, not even my friends know.
When everyone knows who you support there’s a stigma attached that follows you around and you get judged for it.

Buster007

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm saying sign the right player not the first one on the market. I'm all for signing one but not Moses he aint taking us to a title.
That’s ridiculous.
He’s a top 5 halfback in the game and one of 2 younger than 30.
The argument that he isn’t good just because his team hasn’t won a grand final is ridiculous.
It disregards the fact that it’s a team game, that Penrith are supremely strong and the fact that he got them to the grand final

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyways outside Cleary, Hynes, Hughes, S. Walker, Reynolds (body is broken), Hunt and DCE he's the best halfback. When you're considering everything (e.g. age) he's a better buy right now than Reynolds, Hunt and DCE. He's also the best available right now and almost everyone I've listed isn't available and if they were would also cost us an arm and a leg. So at worst he's the 8th best halfback but he's in the quality bracket of halves. We've been a bottom team for years now and our immediate goal is top 8 and Moses would almost guarantee that (and much more when you factor in our other recruits) imo.
So lets say 6th at best halfback and you are happy paying a million plus? I'm not. There's my issue, it's the price. Price is everything. Whilst it may not be needed now, clubs will come for Kiraz, etc and if we have a halfback overpaid by lets say 300k (at least) we are rubbing the risk of losing our good juniors.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s ridiculous.
He’s a too 5 halfback in the game and one of 2 younger than 30.
The argument that he isn’t good just because his team hasn’t won a grand final is ridiculous.
It disregards the fact that it’s a team game, that Penrith are supreme to string and the fact that he got them to the grand final
He was playing for Parra. Imagine playing for that type of fan. Fucking morons.

At the dogs he will peak.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I say Moses is the best available, who are you suggesting ?
Let Ciraldo go with what we have this year and target a top line one next year that might be Hughes, that might be a few options.That may be Hunt for a short term. There are options, don't have to do it all this off season.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
@Buster007 you been here for a solid two minutes champ. Your not that guy pal, trust me your not that guy.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let Ciraldo go with what we have this year and target a top line one next year that might be Hughes, that might be a few options.That may be Hunt for a short term. There are options, don't have to do it all this off season.
There aren't a lot off contract next year

Buster007

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So lets say 6th at best halfback and you are happy paying a million plus? I'm not. There's my issue, it's the price. Price is everything. Whilst it may not be needed now, clubs will come for Kiraz, etc and if we have a halfback overpaid by lets say 300k (at least) we are rubbing the risk of losing our good juniors.
You really need the best of the best in the best positions to go far.

it’s alright to moneyball in some positions and when you have the premium positions locked up.
But Moses at 1.2 mil is still going to win your club more games than if we say, got Lachlan Ilias for unders at 200k.