News NRL 2023: Speculation growing Mitch Moses could leave Parramatta, sign with Tigers or Bulldogs

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really?? Reality is that 99% of players are looking for a payday. It’s not like we can sell them on our recent dominance. All we have to sell them on, is the history of success and in general. Third longest continuous run of an NRL club? Gus, Ciraldo, the other good players we’ve signed in recent years and the general positive vibe around the club are our only selling points, so who cares if they want a big offer? Apparently Tigers are offering way more anyway, so if that’s true, we won’t get him if it’s only about money.
if you’re going to quote, quote it all.

I said that that’s what they are here for and we need to be better at judging character.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you’re going to quote, quote it all.

I said that that’s what they are here for and we need to be better at judging character.
Players are here for money, hence they don’t have character? I’m sorry you’ll have to be clearer. It is a business and a career for these guys. Of course they want to get as much money in the relatively short footy career they have.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I read somewhere else that we haven't even made Mitchell an offer. If true that's f..king ridiculous seriously.

I know it's the job of a manager to call "all" the clubs but with high profile players like this maybe some managers think because it's all over the media if a club is interested they will be the ones to reach out first. Maybe the manager hasn't contacted us because Mitchell frankly isn't that interested in playing for us. The other problem is I read that Gus and Moses' manager are not on speaking terms.

Yes I know people will say Gus is telling porkies but why lie about it ? - why deny when he could simply say nothing ?

Waiting for the phone to ring is akin to what we joke Lynne Anderson used to do

If Gus fails to get either Moses or George Williams for 2024 then his stubbornness has failed us in my opinion

Maybe this is why we still don't have a decent number 7 - because we don't call them but everyone else does. I think I read Barrett reached out to Flano though LOL
People assume they know what our cap looks like. X player gets the arse and then all of a sudden we have that money to buy Y player etc etc.
We have no idea. We dont have access to the books, whos paid what or what we have in the bank for 2-3 seasons away.
Every man and his dog knows we need a halfback. I have faith that the Club is doing its very best.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This comment made me laugh btw they had quoted a post from the kennel and this was the response they actually think they have recruited better then us lol I really hope we get Moses that shitty forum will erupt and go into meltdown
I don't really disagree, their recruitment at least short-term is maybe better than ours.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really?? Reality is that 99% of players are looking for a payday. It’s not like we can sell them on our recent dominance. All we have to sell them on, is the history of success and in general. Third longest continuous run of an NRL club? Gus, Ciraldo, the other good players we’ve signed in recent years and the general positive vibe around the club are our only selling points, so who cares if they want a big offer? Apparently Tigers are offering way more anyway, so if that’s true, we won’t get him if it’s only about money.
Mate I agree with you to a point … but the problem with over paid mercenaries with no real love or loyalty to your club is you don’t get that extra 15/20% out of them when you need it the most ..

The reason Panthers won the GF and Parra went missing after they’d previously beaten them twice during the season?

Parra are a team of champions.
Penrith are a champion team .. Cleary was able to get the extra 15/20% when he needed it because his players are loyal and love the club.

I’m pretty sure the club and Gus are doing their best to bring in players who align with the mission they’re on, to get the club back to the top where they belong, if Moses truely wants to become a bulldog and his motivation to do so aligns with where the clubs heading, I’m sure he’d be welcome … players that buy into your clubs vision and really want to help you achieve it, will generally take a bit less to do so, i.e the Roosters, if it’s all about I’m going to the highest bidder, the club is better off without him because when we need him the most he probably won’t deliver because hey, he’s already achieved his goal, the big pay day …

Is there a club yet that has bought a player from another club for over $1 mill that’s worked out well?

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gould doesn't always talk to players. Remember who helped pulled Ciraldo to the club.

Laundys own any number of venues they could have invited Moses to for a nice sitdown meal and chat with him and his manager.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't really disagree, their recruitment at least short-term is maybe better than ours.
I'd take Api over Mahoney for creativity but Mahoney has a few years in his favour and greater potential for leadership, something we are lacking. Kikau takes a wet shit on Papalii. Tigers have done alright in the off season and it's time for both clubs to walk the walk.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'd take Api over Mahoney for creativity but Mahoney has a few years in his favour and greater potential for leadership, something we are lacking. Kikau takes a wet shit on Papalii. Tigers have done alright in the off season and it's time for both clubs to walk the walk.
Na there isn't much between Kikau and Papali'i imo. Klemmer would walk into our side and i can't comment on Bateman because i haven't seen him play for a while.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So is is the speculation still growing? Are there any green shoots yet?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Na there isn't much between Kikau and Papali'i imo. Klemmer would walk into our side and i can't comment on Bateman because i haven't seen him play for a while.
Not sure it’s about who’s recruited the better players, generally comes down to who can get their players to buy into their vision for the club and where it’s heading ..

I’d back in …

Gus, Ciraldo, Potter, Sandercock, Randall

over

Pascoe, Sheens, Marshall, Furner, Farrah ..

To do that …

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bateman is a bad signing for them. They don’t need him either. They got that Blore who looked good in 2021 and some other blokes who could do the job at second row. Bateman’s form in the super league has been poor aswell. Klemmer is a great signing for them, Papali’i>Kikau and Api is better than Mahoney as of now but Api is like in his 30s.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bateman is a bad signing for them. They don’t need him either. They got that Blore who looked good in 2021 and some other blokes who could do the job at second row. Bateman’s form in the super league has been poor aswell. Klemmer is a great signing for them, Papali’i>Kikau and Api is better than Mahoney as of now but Api is like in his 30s.
Blore has been injured multiple seasons running and is untested so it's hard to trust him. Guess we will see with Bateman, he came over here with not as much hype as recent English imports yet managed to be the best of them just behind Graham. I'm glad it's not us taking the risk though.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not sure it’s about who’s recruited the better players, generally comes down to who can get their players to buy into their vision for the club and where it’s heading ..

I’d back in …

Gus, Ciraldo, Potter, Sandercock, Randall

over

Pascoe, Sheens, Marshall, Furner, Farrah ..

To do that …
Sure, I'd back us for now with what he have coaching and administration wise but the reality is we've been as shit as each other for a while so it's stupid to get into a slinging match with each other.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d dare say your fair with kikau and papal’i and personally I’d take Mahoney over api purely on age.

Klemmer I’m not remotely upset about. Solid metre eater but he’s been on 800k and is probably worth 400k tops…

They have certainly eaten out shit in regards to ciraldo, Jac and tpj.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Blore has been injured multiple seasons running and is untested so it's hard to trust him. Guess we will see with Bateman, he came over here with not as much hype as recent English imports yet managed to be the best of them just behind Graham. I'm glad it's not us taking the risk though.
Personally I’d say Bateman is behind s burgess and Gareth Ellis. He was a weapon.

Along with jammer. Morley to depending how far you Go back.

Still a great player for raiders don’t get me wrong but yeh. Wanna see how he adjusts here now under nrl after few years out. Haven’t heard a lot of good shit over there about him recently.