News NRL 2023: Speculation growing Mitch Moses could leave Parramatta, sign with Tigers or Bulldogs

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
not sure i would agree with the Burton is way better than Brown. potential yes but he has been sitting in reggies while Brown has take his opportunity.

Burton is a different kind of player than Brown, he can take the game and make something happen and change the direction of the game. Brown can't do that, at least not yet. so when MM was off Eels were off, but at the Dogs if MM went missing Burto could step up and make something happen.

Less pressure would be on Moses at the Dogs, and Moses would take some of the pressure off Burton. kicking options on both sides of the field and from Dummy half would be fullbacks nightmare.
Moses is a fair weather player. He only looks good when the opposition plays shite or when his team mates are on fire. He's not a leader, doesn't win regularly big matches for his team and his vision and decisions under pressure is below par.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
not sure i would agree with the Burton is way better than Brown. potential yes but he has been sitting in reggies while Brown has take his opportunity.

Burton is a different kind of player than Brown, he can take the game and make something happen and change the direction of the game. Brown can't do that, at least not yet. so when MM was off Eels were off, but at the Dogs if MM went missing Burto could step up and make something happen.

Less pressure would be on Moses at the Dogs, and Moses would take some of the pressure off Burton. kicking options on both sides of the field and from Dummy half would be fullbacks nightmare.
Burton potential ceiling I think is higher than Brown. But Brown is ahead of Burton in his development atm.

Do you think Moses won’t be under pressure at the Dogs or anywhere he plays on a million dollars + a year. Moses will have huge pressure wherever he plays.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And I think he’ll leave because he wants to win a comp.. it’s not going to happen a Parra.. their window has closed.
Eels making the gf this year,there is no way he is thinking there window had closed. They have hodgeson who is replacing Mahoney and papali can easily be replaced.

I agree though I think it has closed

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Moses is a fair weather player. He only looks good when the opposition plays shite or when his team mates are on fire. He's not a leader, doesn't win regularly big matches for his team and his vision and decisions under pressure is below par.
Sounds little better than Flanagan.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He’s a very good controlling 7 with a great kicking game. Parra don’t have the best team and pretty much finish up where they belong. If we buy him it isn’t a commitment to our future l, but a placeholder that keeps us in the 8 until our juniors come through under Gus, but we will challenge for top 4 in that time and who knows what happens. His peak half back years are still ahead of him too

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s a very good controlling 7 with a great kicking game. Parra don’t have the best team and pretty much finish up where they belong. If we buy him it isn’t a commitment to our future l, but a placeholder that keeps us in the 8 until our juniors come through under Gus, but we will challenge for top 4 in that time and who knows what happens. His peak half back years are still ahead of him too
What's Moses good at controlling? I haven't seen it.
Paying $1m+ just to get into the 8? $1m+ are for proven match winners in GF and year in year out such as Cleary, DCE, Munster etc. Moses' kicking game crumbled under pressure in the GF and it's not great when compared to Cleary and doesn't have the range and scare factor of Burton's.

Okunbors Cradle Snatchers

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What's Moses good at controlling? I haven't seen it.
Paying $1m+ just to get into the 8? $1m+ are for proven match winners in GF and year in year out such as Cleary, DCE, Munster etc. Moses' kicking game crumbled under pressure in the GF and it's not great when compared to Cleary and doesn't have the range and scare factor of Burton's.
Agreed. My biggest issue with Moses was that he never controlled a game and always played shit when the eels weren’t in front.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So... your thoughts are we should stick with Flange and hope (pray) that someone in the lower grades suddenly devlopes and becomes the next Turvey/Sherwin for us in the next 2-5 years ??

I cant imagine that's your view Steve, so where is our top 5 in the NRL 7 coming from and who is he?
my thoughts are moses is not a elite 7 when the pressure is on. he is not worth the money being bandied about.
i agree there is no on else, but do we waste 3 years of cap money on a non winner?
thats my point

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Love how everyone says this, Dogs haven’t played any big games in years, he ain’t going missing. Also imo Burton is way better than d brown so if he did sign and was to have an off game it will still be better then Flanagan and Burton will show up period. Anyone who says they don’t want MM is off chops quality player.
no one is doubting he is better than flanno, he is the worst 7 in the comp, but moses at $1mill plus is a joke and a kill to the cap, plus he is not worth it.
he is a loser who has won nothing, we need winners

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So... your thoughts are we should stick with Flange and hope (pray) that someone in the lower grades suddenly devlopes and becomes the next Turvey/Sherwin for us in the next 2-5 years ??

I cant imagine that's your view Steve, so where is our top 5 in the NRL 7 coming from and who is he?
If the Dogs pay the big $ for Moses then he'll have to create history to lead the Dogs to GF glory.
I wouldn't back Moses create history or to do anything great in footy.
For the last 82 years at least the Dogs have never won a GF by recruiting a "superstar" HB on big $.
The great Turvey was a gun HB playing bush footy before he came to the Dogs and Hagan, Polla Mounter and Sherwin were not superstar HB when they first came to the club but developed their skills at the Dogs. In all probability that's where our next premiership winning HB will come from and it definitely will not be Flange.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the Dogs pay the big $ for Moses then he'll have to create history to lead the Dogs to GF glory.
I wouldn't back Moses create history or to do anything great in footy.
For the last 82 years at least the Dogs have never won a GF by recruiting a "superstar" HB on big $.
The great Turvey was a gun HB playing bush footy before he came to the Dogs and Hagan, Polla Mounter and Sherwin were not superstar HB when they first came to the club but developed their skills at the Dogs. In all probability that's where our next premiership winning HB will come from and it definitely will not be Flange.
Thats great, so we do nothing then and just hope?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fucking sick of this.
Bitchell Moses has a head you would love to punch.
If the club signs him for 2024 I'm going to take some convincing.
Because I'm hoping for a premiership in 2023.
I'm not getting any younger here.
No offence mate..(ps I'm also no spring chicken either)we are NOT winning the comp next year even with a start..I'm sorry to say but we have got to be realistic.
Flanagan is taking us nowhere fast and aside from him we're a work in progress in '23.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are pretty much fucked if we do not sign moses we need a leader , he has a great kicking game, he is so bloody quick , takes the line on and has played in a grand final as well as state of origin.
I think gus can get the best out of him , and take him to the next level as an elite halfback, surely just mental and gus wil get his head right for the big stage