NRL 2022: Which player at your club is under the most pressure to perform this season

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Kyle - very obviously

with , Burton And Dufty , there is certain expectations “expected” of them so that brings the pressure to perform, even though we know they will. The fox and Vaughn an TPJ will do great. Better than we’ve had in a long time.

but should be a good year anyway. Hurry up round 1.!!!

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What the fk are you talking about
Burton will be the one fronting the cameras, having articles written about him. Under immense pressure, especially if we ain’t doing well. He’s game will be so scrutinised

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still not sold on Dufty having any pressure on him. Honestly that is the dumbest thing I’ve seen all week. The guy just needs to come in and play his natural game. There is literally no pressure on him. He doesn't have the added responsibility of carrying the team, in the halves, on the back of a premiership winning season playing a different position.
I have at times forgotten Dufty is even on our squad until I see his head on one of the dogs social media posts lol
I’m the same. Keep forgetting he’s even in the side.

I see the pics at training and then see him and go… “oh, that’s right, we have him too” lol

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's player burden, not team burden. Burton has 3 years before he has to worry about his next pay day, Dufty has 9 months and then he is unemployed.

Always a Bulldog
I thought for some reason that Burton was on contract for two years.
Could be wrong.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Burton will be the one fronting the cameras, having articles written about him. Under immense pressure, especially if we ain’t doing well. He’s game will be so scrutinised
Burton is going to be a protected species early on imo.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton is going to be a protected species early on imo.
Won’t last long if we ain’t winning though. I guess the fact he isn’t on massive dollars may help his cause.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Actually the fact it’s Canterbury, the whole team is under immense pressure. The media won’t let up on anyone if results are poor

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Remember all the will Burton backflip bullshit? If he can negotiate with other clubs from November 1st this year you can imagine the media carry on if we are struggling.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Won’t last long if we ain’t winning though. I guess the fact he isn’t on massive dollars may help his cause.
More so on here and with our fans in general. Clubs providing very little Burton content, Baz already playing him down, talking about limiting his role and putting the pressure on others around him. Some of our fans already think he's a top tier half and will lay the blame on everyone other than him lol

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh Flanagan based on the fact his FG career may be over if he doesnt perform this year. The others (i.e Burton and Dufty) would probably get another shot, because they have shown something more recently than Flanno has and at thier best more than Flanno ever has.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
More so on here and with our fans in general. Clubs providing very little Burton content, Baz already playing him down, talking about limiting his role and putting the pressure on others around him. Some of our fans already think he's a top tier half and will lay the blame on everyone other than him lol
He’ll be opposition teams only focal point if he fires. Stop burton stop Canterbury. He won dally M Center of year. Not even he’s preferred position. I don’t think teams will underestimate him for too long. Once/If media turns everyone here will jump on board lol

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He’ll be opposition teams only focal point if he fires. Stop burton stop Canterbury. He won dally M Center of year. Not even he’s preferred position. I don’t think teams will underestimate him for too long. Once/If media turns everyone here will jump on board lol
The good ones will still find a way to excel even when targeted, players like T turbo, Tedesco as just 2 examples who probably get targeted every game, especially turbo coz it really is stop turbo stop Manly. But it doesnt seem to slow them down.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Those players have mastered their preferred positions though, they aren’t learning their craft.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeh Flanagan based on the fact his FG career may be over if he doesnt perform this year. The others (i.e Burton and Dufty) would probably get another shot, because they have shown something more recently than Flanno has and at thier best more than Flanno ever has.
Exactly

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone playing for a contract is under pressure but the weight of expectation on Burton among fans and the media will peak as the season gets closer.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Teams won't prioritise Burton, they will prioritise or middle and halfback with the way we're structured. If our middle isn't firing and our halfback isn't doing what's required then it doesn't matter what Burton does because his opportunities will be limited.

Burton playing out of position is also being exaggerated, centre might be a different position but the role he was asked to play was something he was very comfortable with. He's essentially a Ponga/Tommy hybrid, if you ask him to run at players and give him the space to do so then he's going to do some damage, position is irrelevant.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Actually the fact it’s Canterbury, the whole team is under immense pressure. The media won’t let up on anyone if results are poor
Never mind the media, what about the fucking narcs on here :laughing:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
if they focus too much on Burton then that allows averillo to run at 7 also, we have danger on both sides of the ruck now