NRL 2022: Which player at your club is under the most pressure to perform this season

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Flanno easily for me. Gone from a potential marquee on big $$$ at the start of his Rorters journey to no gig in OZ is what will be in store for him this year, and he may only get half a dozen games to prove either way.
Don’t want him any where near the first grade team the likes of wakeham and averillo all though they aren’t great still provide 3x as much.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Expectations created by the fans and media almost guarantee Burton will be under the microscope if we aren't winning more games than in 2021.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
TPJ for mine, absolutely not sold on him, needs to perform and show consistency!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think they could have picked up to about 4 players under pressure

- Dufty on a one year deal, in a spine position, new to the club & been told by others he is not 1st grade standard = Pressure
- Burton, the great hope to change the clubs fortunes for a fan base that's recently been starved of true superstars & success = Pressure
- Averillo OR however wears number 7. If Burton fails many will blame the 7 for not giving him the support to play his natural game = Pressure
- JMK another spine player who has been solid but not brilliant & always seems to be many fans punching bag for criticism = Pressure

It's no coincidence that all the above listed make up our first pick spine - that's why spine players are so important.

You could probably throw TPJ in there as well - Big Bucks = Pressure
I'd say that even more than four are under pressure. We still have another big name 2nd rower coming in, so any fringe player there will need to make themself stand out. Vaughan on a one year reduced value deal will want to excel in order to get a better deal for next year. All our halves will be competing for two spots and you'd expect Burton should have one spot that's his to retain or Thompson and Hetherington might feel some pressure to stay out of judiciary troubles. In general with some quality coming on board the weight of expectations will drop on every player in our jersey.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kikau should get two mentions on this list, I’m sure TK will be watching him closely and every time he has a below par game he’ll cop a hammering haha.