News NRL 2022: Canterbury Bulldogs win 16-12 over Sydney Roosters in thriller

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would of loved it if someone had of ran backwards on full time to run the clock down like that little shit Sam walker did last year...
Just to return the joke on them....
Did he have any impact on the game? Not that it really matters, just that he's usually good for a try and/or try assists. Iirc Keary kicked for the Suaali try and also the Tupounua one.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes there is. I must say I really admired how Robinson went about his press conference. He took full accountability on things not working and actually thought there was a forward pass in the Suali try in the lead up and agreed no try. Refreshing to hear an opposition come across this way and out the one eyed BS aside.
Hopefully there is heat on Robinson as Gould would take him in a heart beat.
Robbo has always been a class coach though pretty sure he said once he is done at the rorts he said he will be moving back to southern france.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Robbo has always been a class coach though pretty sure he said once he is done at the rorts he said he will be moving back to southern france.
Yeah I heard / read that somewhere too bro, he has all intentions to head back to France

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last week I mentioned that we need a new captain. Jackson hasn’t had much luck leading this team. This week we win. What are your thoughts

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe that Cummings awarded that Last which was overturned by the Bunker, That try had an obstruction, a forward pass and Suaalii was out before he grounded the ball, so thank God the bunker finally picked up something in our favor.
Don't be shocked because it's the NRL bunker the most inept referees in world sport.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes there is. I must say I really admired how Robinson went about his press conference. He took full accountability on things not working and actually thought there was a forward pass in the Suali try in the lead up and agreed no try. Refreshing to hear an opposition come across this way and out the one eyed BS aside.
Hopefully there is heat on Robinson as Gould would take him in a heart beat.
Robinson is a genuine top class coach. His record of 3 GF wins over the last decade is only matched by Bellamy. Those two are way above all other current coaches.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bunker gave it the all clear all the way to the end where it was eventually disallowed because of Suali’s foot going out. He even stated that Burton was impeded and said it was play on FFS
Yeah I thought the Bunker rather than Cummins was our problem tonight even allowing for Cummins missing the knock on and forward pass that gave them tries.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep fair call if a loss is on him then so is the win. Great effort tonight by all involved.
I think it was a bit of a relief for all of us. It’s a normal season game but it had a finals feel about it as we were right in it from start to finish. Sad but true indication of where we are at. Finally good to get some joy out of a football match.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is he married, if so is she from there?
She’s a French national, apparently, he met her when he was there.
He speaks fluent French, his kids all speak fluent French and when they were interviewing Block of Cheese he said when he was at Trent Robinsons house Trent only spoke in French to his kids which blew him away lol

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Robinson is a genuine top class coach. His record of 3 GF wins over the last decade is only matched by Bellamy. Those two are way above all other current coaches.
Look at the team he had then, that team is now gone and look at where he is now. He will stay there until the sombrero kicks in for next season when they have 14 players off contract.

Always a Bulldog

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I thought the Bunker rather than Cummins was our problem tonight even allowing for Cummins missing the knock on and forward pass that gave them tries.
The Crichton knock on the touch judge was right there and said nothing!

The blatant forward pass Cummins let go

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
She’s a French national, apparently, he met her when he was there.
He speaks fluent French, his kids all speak fluent French and when they were interviewing Block of Cheese he said when he was at Trent Robinsons house Trent only spoke in French to his kids which blew him away lol
Oh yeah forgot about that ... well I do agree with him that it's a very nice part of the world.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
:tonguewink: Was this article written by someone on TK?? The majority of this article has been lifted from this forum.:tonguewink:

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Touch judges (if they are in the right position) are better placed to pick up forward passes than a referee 10 metres back from the play the ball. Problem is most of them are referees of lesser ability. This is why sometimes in big important games you see refs like Butler, C.Sutton,and Ziggy doing 2 games per weekend, one in the centre and one running the line.