News NRL 2021: The five most exciting rookies at your club

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
BULLDOGS
Jackson Topine (second row): Captained Australian Schoolboys in 2019 and was named the Bulldogs 2020 club person of the year for his superb attitude. Even more impressive when you consider Topine is still 19 and this award was presented to him after spending a season inside the bubble, which all the players said was the toughest year they’ve ever had.

Chris Patolo (middle/edge): A talented local junior from Bankstown, Patolo has impressed with his attitude. Has been in the club’s junior rep system for some time and training for a chance to crack the big time under Trent Barrett.

Paul Karaitiana.

Paul Karaitiana.
Joseph O’Neill.

Joseph O’Neill.
Kurt Picken (centre): A talented outside back from the Yarrawarrah Tigers in the Cronulla junior comp. Has been in the Bulldogs’ junior system for a few years now and has a chance to impress in the full-time squad over summer.

Paul Karaitiana (halves): Arrived via Keebra Park, where he grew up playing alongside the likes of David Fifita and Tanah Boyd. Also a gun touch player who represented Australia in under-18s.

Joseph O’Neill (five-eighth): Still SG Ball age so is a long way off first grade but has talent and a tremendous attitude. Westfields Sports High coach Wayne Lambkin reckons O’Neill “is just a scholar of the game, and you wouldn’t meet a nicer kid”.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great read thanks ,always good to hear about the updates and coming hopefully Trent will unleash a few

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
@Spoonman84 any highlights of these blokes? They look good.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Spoonman84 any highlights of these blokes? They look good.
There's only highlights of O'Neill and Topine they are probably the pick of the bunch too. They didn't mention Schoupp or Paul Alamoti either.
I added Ryan Gray's highlights too he is hooker who has plenty of potential but has struggled playing against men.

Last edited:

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They scraped the bottom of the barrel to come up with 5!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There's only highlights of O'Neill and Topine they are probably the pick of the bunch too. They didn't mention Schoupp or Paul Alamoti either.
I added Ryan Gray's highlights too he is hooker who has plenty of potential but has struggled playing against men.
The O’Neil highlights—im not sure if they mixed up the videos because all I see is alamoti trampling people

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The O’Neil highlights—im not sure if they mixed up the videos because all I see is alamoti trampling people
Yeh its the same vid for both but good to watch. But i like the sound of this o’niell

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just look at some o’niell clips of him at westfield and my god his defence is terrible. I know he is small but he was shocking. Some good highlights of him though good grubber kicker which is something we hope flanno and burton produce.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Btw that Topine run was stupid lol. Gets the ball from dh and just blitzed the defence..switches ball carrying arm, nice footwork...moves really well. Okunbor still can't do that hahaha.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Btw that Topine run was stupid lol. Gets the ball from dh and just blitzed the defence..switches ball carrying arm, nice footwork...moves really well. Okunbor still can't do that hahaha.
I’d love to see this kid get some game time this season. Looks a unit and can play.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's FKN good on his feet hey!
My Step Brother coached him as a junior, said he killed it even when he played two age groups above.
Can't wait to see him crack the big time.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Alomoti looks like a beast!