News NRL 2021 casualty ward: Bulldogs lose Christian Crichton to serious knee injury

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sad for Crichton. I don’t know if it’s “huge” or “shattering” news for the Dogs though

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Milner-skudder would be a nice addition.. it's time for steve hansen to get in someone's ear.. surely there are talented rugby players like him who are missing out on all blacks selection and could be persuaded to join
he played for the Bulldogs in the toyota cup and didnt set the world on fire when he did

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So, is this a freak injury, or what all the Manly/ Titans fans were warning us about with Ferris training regimen?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You’d think dwz and meany wing now
I'd honestly start Katoa over Meaney, kid doesn't look scared everytime he gets near the sideline like Meaney.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Any evidence or just conjecture?
How am I going to get evidence? Lol. All I'm saying is both clubs sustained a lot of training injuries under him and payers burned out. Both clubs fans were happy to see him go with many of their insiders claiming that he overworked/mismanaged players.

We're now a month or so into preseason and there is already a season ending injury...we don't know how it happened and it's entirely possible it's completely unrelated...but it's something to keep an eye on.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring your brother over from Penrith and we'll extend your contract

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How am I going to get evidence? Lol. All I'm saying is both clubs sustained a lot of training injuries under him and payers burned out. Both clubs fans were happy to see him go with many of their insiders claiming that he overworked/mismanaged players.

We're now a month or so into preseason and there is already a season ending injury...we don't know how it happened and it's entirely possible it's completely unrelated...but it's something to keep an eye on.
I know a few a Manly fans who were laughing we signed Ferris

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There’s a reason why the term ‘Dan Ferris Curse’ is an actual thing in rugby league.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but manly have a terrible record with injuries regardless of who the trainer is, even this season just gone, they had a lot of injuries..

I'm pretty sure the surface at crookvale doesn't help.. I remember a lot of players suffering acl's on that oval a few years ago..

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There’s obviously a reason why his arms are so big and his legs aren’t strong enough