NRL 2018: Canterbury Bulldogs deny bombshell Kieran Foran report

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just get him to "retire" like Peter Wallace and give him another role in the club, running water during games, training the kids to run the tee to the kicker, other clubs make up bullshit roles, I'm sure we can.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just get him to "retire" like Peter Wallace and give him another role in the club, running water during games, training the kids to run the tee to the kicker, other clubs make up bullshit roles, I'm sure we can.
I would have him as a genuine mentor for the halves. I honestly think JMK and Frawley improved a lot playing under him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Foran wouldn't be any good as a hlaves coach, rather just banish him from the club.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Foran wouldn't be any good as a hlaves coach, rather just banish him from the club.
I agree. He may have the footy smarts but too much baggage with personal issues and underworld figures. Don't see him as a good influence to young kids. Can't be compared to Peter Wallace in my opinion.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe he will try an come back for one more go after his “toe” and “wrist” are better lol...

But this won’t work out an he be busted again!! the writing is on the wall! Seems it’s all coming to an end for Foran sooner rather than later.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Maybe he will try an come back for one more go after his “toe” and “wrist” are better lol...

But this won’t work out an he be busted again!! the writing is on the wall! Seems it’s all coming to an end for Foran sooner rather than later.
Toe and wrist. When will his knees, hammies, groin, back, and shoulders be better?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Toe and wrist. When will his knees, hammies, groin, back, and shoulders be better?
They won’t Hot Dog haha..
Hence the writing is on the wall sentence

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly think the club needs to ban any of these organizations from press conferences if they continue to make crap up with no factual basis. If they're so keen to make up fiction, why do they deserve to be present when they can pick up real information. It's the shotgun method of journalism. If they make 100 guesses maybe one or two will hit the mark. Anyone that actually pays to buy a paper these days needs their heads read. Go to a bookshop and buy a work of fiction that isn't trying to masquerade as truth.

I used to try my best to keep up with the goings on at the club through the media. But now if I try to stay in touch with club news through the media it would make me a pretty misinformed individual. Once upon a time journalists would lose their jobs for having such a low strike rate because people aren't paying for fiction. Now the standards of the media have dropped so low that they seem to give zero shits as long as they put any story into circulation. It's kind of a toss up if the fact that people will believe the media highlights the fact that society is growing less intelligent or if it's just that the level of saturation of rubbish articles has just lowered peoples expectations for the media to provide honest articles. But either way I refuse to give any weight to stories that don't have direct quotes to indicate that it has a base element of truth.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone mentioned he has nerve damage? How the fuck did we sign this bloke? Wtf! Honestly!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can anyone answer this?

If he quits being a player, and we give him the rest of his contract money as a "halves coach", would his contract be deducted from our cap?

If it is, the board is fucking stupid not to do it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can anyone answer this?

If he quits being a player, and we give him the rest of his contract money as a "halves coach", would his contract be deducted from our cap?

Yeah it would come off the cap.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can anyone answer this?

I'm sure the NRL would find a way to stop it from happening. It could be easily argued that Foran should still be under the cap as a player as he was signed as a player and we are only doing this to make cap space which is unfair.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So why the fuck won't they do that?
Sorry I worded that wrong I meant it would count on the cap. Anything where he still gets the full amount of that registered contact with NRL will count on the cap except if he gets the medical retirement.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sorry I worded that wrong I meant it would count on the cap. Anything where he still gets the full amount of that registered contact with NRL will count on the cap except if he gets the medical retirement.
Oh ok well that answers my question.

Thanks brother.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm sure the NRL would find a way to stop it from happening. It could be easily argued that Foran should still be under the cap as a player as he was signed as a player and we are only doing this to make cap space which is unfair.
Can't argue with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.