NRL 2005 Rookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Just going around the grounds as andrew vossy does to whats going on inside the club during the week...

There are a quite a lot rookie players this year that are going to hit the NRL real soon and these are the players that come to my mind...

Michael Bond (Brisbane):A youngster with plenty of promise, Bond played 5/8 for last year's schoolboys side. He is very mobile despite his size, making him a dangerous commodity.

Aaron Barba (Brisbane): Was a try scoring sensation for Redcliffe inm the QLD Cup before spending last season in the lower grades at Penrith. Returns to the sunshine state to push for the big time.

Clifford Manua (Cronulla): The player who got into the all in brawl in the 1998 GF against Parra which was quite funny to watch though but he did get us to win the GF though...

Wallace Solomona (Nth QLD): The son of former international... Se'e Solomona... played for QLD u/19s in 2003 and is a strong, bustling centre who is still a teenager with a promising future.

Blake Green (Parramatta): One player I hated to play against back in the school days and a product of Westfields Sports high...

John Nuumaalii (Penrith):A Hard running 2nd Rower, Nuumaalii has made his way through Penrith's junior rep sides and could feature in the NRL this season.

Matthew Pow (Penrith): Another to have progressed through the Panther's junior rep sides. Is expected to break into first grade in 2005.

Edwin Asotasi (St George) A strong carrier of the football, much in the vein of his brother... NZ rep and Bulldogs premiership winner Roy Asotasi. Can play wing or 2nd row.

Willie Tupou (St George): The younger brother of Anthony Tupou but Willie Tupuo is much faster and stronger than his brother and is looking to conquor his brother Anthony this season.

Ray Moujalli (Souths): A Bulldogs junior who brought over by Ricky Stuart and featured in the undefeated Roosters jersey flegg team and could benefit the Souths forwards as he loves to run at players.

Roy Bell (Souths): Rated as the next Preston Campbell from his height and weight and is very reliable at the back with his speed.

Michael Greenfield (Souths): Featured in the Sharks jersey flegg team and he almost beat the undefeated Roosters jersey flegg team in the GF single handedly.

Peewee Moke (Roosters): May have the same attributes as SBW could somehow feature for the Roosters team this year. He can play centre and 2nd Row and was part of the undefeated Roosters jersey flegg team and the Endevour Sports high arrive alive cup winners.

Iosia Soliola (Roosters): Tipped to be the next big thing as this centre knows how to break the lines when he has the ball.

Simon Greally (Wests Tiggers): SG Ball player of the year in 2002 and is also tough as a nail in defence and has good vision in attack... interesting to see how he will appear in the NRL this season...

Last edited by a moderator:

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
well i think this will pretty much somes up which rookie players will appear in the NRL this season...

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Peewee Moke is a gun, I hope the Bulldogs manage to sign him!!!
he would be an ideal replacement for Impact once Sonny is in the Starting 13 :D

Reaction score
ozzy_ozman said:
JClifford Manua (Cronulla): The player who got into the all in brawl in the 1998 GF against Parra which was quite funny to watch though but he did get us to win the GF though...

lol! I remember that! How good was that biff! It was great. I laughed my ass off. Even though I was only 11 at the time.

bulldogs_chick16

The Brissy Kid
Reaction score
do u no much about leon bott hes the new guy for the Broncos do you guys think that he will make a big impression or what ??????

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
PARANoIR said:
lol! I remember that! How good was that biff! It was great. I loved my ass off. Even though I was only 11 at the time.
You know what was even more funny...

I think it was Tony Archer who was refereeing that game... all i remember after manua got tackled... he played the ball... than one parra player threw the first punch at him and than you will see Simon Gillies scoring the try for us than archer awarded the try but the biff just kept going...

after it finished... archer allowed el masri to convert the try in front and than later awarded us a free shot at goal where the biff started and than hazem got that goal which we ended up getting 8pts... dont know how that works

Reaction score
Yeah, It was a penalty try. So they got 2 shots.

Is Leon Bott that real quick bloke?? Isnt he a union convert?

bulldogs_chick16

The Brissy Kid
Reaction score
PARANoIR said:
Yeah, It was a penalty try. So they got 2 shots.

Is Leon Bott that real quick bloke?? Isnt he a union convert?
Yeh bott is a union convert

Reaction score
Oh awesome. If the rest of them are there, can you punch lockyer for me please? :p :grinning:

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
dammit... how can i forget Garry Tupou from Brisbane?

Did anyone see him play last year? he could be the next Lote Tuquiri for Brisbane on the wing and i hope Brisbane don lose him to the rah rahs

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
ozzy_ozman said:

Did anyone see him play last year? he could be the next Lote Tuquiri for Brisbane on the wing and i hope Brisbane don lose him to the rah rahs
At best, a poor man's version of Sailor.

bulldogs_chick16

The Brissy Kid
Reaction score
PARANoIR said:
Oh awesome. If the rest of them are there, can you punch lockyer for me please? :p :grinning:
umm the whole team is going to 2 be in brisbane tomrow at this fun day thing im just goin so i can meet bott n get a photo wid the thropy
y do u want 2 punch him ?????????????

Reaction score
bulldogs_chick16 said:
do u want 2 punch him ?????????????
Because he's a priss.

And yeah Gary Topou is an awesome player. He was in the kiwis train on squad.

Reaction score
Tame Topou? Lol. Once he gets a regular spot in 1st grade I dont think youll be calling him that much anymore.

Southern Man

Waterboy
Reaction score
ozzy_ozman said:

Can't see him going to rugby. As he changed to league because he couldin't break through in rugby.

bulldogs_chick16

The Brissy Kid
Reaction score
PARANoIR said:
Tame Topou? Lol. Once he gets a regular spot in 1st grade I dont think youll be calling him that much anymore.

thats his real name well part of it anyway thats what he wants 2 be Known as

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
Willie Tupou & Edwin Asotasi i cant wait to see em play :D how good was peewee moke in arrive alive eh? and then i saw him in the flegg GF wat a bad dude! hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.