Now is the time to turn things around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd like to share something with the kennel.
I remember the 1st time I met my dear friend the day he arrived from Dapto to play for St.George.My parents owned a few houses at Kogarah which the club leased to board their out of town young players. I got to know most but struck a friendship with this Dapto lad,who aspired to become a physical education teacher.
Years passed and I watched him get married to Karen,have a son and a daughter,but nothing sparked him more then when the twins were born.I could feel his pride,when he brought the small boys over on their visits to Sydney.
He signed with Easts and the Roasters curse possessed him.He started distancing himself from his family and friends and spent his off seasons in England.We kept in touch but our friendship grew distant.
Divorce followed and finally he retired from the game and returned to Shoalhaven.
Seventeen years passed before I saw my friend again,when he visited my house with the now grown up twins who both played at Saints.We made a pledge to see each other every few months which we've kept up to this day.Whilst visiting this month,one of the boys called in to pick up his dad,they were going out celebrating their 10th Australian selection anniversary.
So I asked him, "what's up with the Dogs,everyone looks uninterested,is it Pay?"
"No" he quickly answered "We work hard,we try,but when we need it most our self belief fails us".
"Does it matter?" he continued "Everyone expects us to fail".
He turned around,called his dad and they left.Alone I started thinking,I recognize that look.Same look I've seen in some of my clients,when they encounter trouble.Alone and abandoned by their family and friends.
I give credit and salute the administrators of this site,because some players do read some of the threads.So if you want the players to give you their all,especially those who are on minimum wage or 1/4 of what our elite players earn,get behind them.We need them and those are the one's that need you the most!
Try to engage in supportive,valuable club discussions and try to refrain from destructive player criticism for just 1 week,you'll be amazed what it can achieve.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I remember the 1st time I met my dear friend the day he arrived from Dapto to play for St.George.My parents owned a few houses at Kogarah which the club leased to board their out of town young players. I got to know most but struck a friendship with this Dapto lad,who aspired to become a physical education teacher.
Years passed and I watched him get married to Karen,have a son and a daughter,but nothing sparked him more then when the twins were born.I could feel his pride,when he brought the small boys over on their visits to Sydney.
He signed with Easts and the Roasters curse possessed him.He started distancing himself from his family and friends and spent his off seasons in England.We kept in touch but our friendship grew distant.
Divorce followed and finally he retired from the game and returned to Shoalhaven.
Seventeen years passed before I saw my friend again,when he visited my house with the now grown up twins who both played at Saints.We made a pledge to see each other every few months which we've kept up to this day.Whilst visiting this month,one of the boys called in to pick up his dad,they were going out celebrating their 10th Australian selection anniversary.
So I asked him, "what's up with the Dogs,everyone looks uninterested,is it Pay?"
"No" he quickly answered "We work hard,we try,but when we need it most our self belief fails us".
He turned around,called his dad and they left.Alone I started thinking,I recognize that look.Same look I've seen in some of my clients,when they encounter trouble.Alone and abandoned by their family and friends.
I give credit and salute the administrators of this site,because some players do read some of the threads.So if you want the players to give you their all,especially those who are on minimum wage or 1/4 of what our elite players earn,get behind them.We need them and those are the one's that need you the most!
Try to engage in supportive,valuable club discussions and try to refrain from destructive player criticism for just 1 week,you'll be amazed what it can achieve.
I've been wondering about the confidence of the team and any mentorship. If they have a sports psychologist, they need to try a new one.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Well put mate. Nice words too.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Good post mate.

What u have here on the kennel is a heap of spineless individuals that will bag the fk out of players and know everything that happens inside the 4 walls, and the same people usually blow smoke up the ass of the very same player they shat on last week.

Piss weak.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good post mate.

What u have here on the kennel is a heap of spineless individuals that will bag the fk out of players and know everything that happens inside the 4 walls, and the same people usually blow smoke up the ass of the very same player they shat on last week.

Piss weak.
Good to hear someone speak my language,thank you.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've been wondering about the confidence of the team and any mentorship. If they have a sports psychologist, they need to try a new one.
Actually that same thing crossed my mind,I'll find out and let you know.

addoujspark

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I fucken love it

Raja dirani

Waterboy
Reaction score
We need to go into full seige mentality.
F the media F the presser F the refs.
Shun those bastards on the field and show zero interest or respect.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't want to misrepresent what you're saying.
Are you saying we need get our thoughts straight,start believing and fuck anyone else?
If yes,that's a positive start.
It get's us on the ladder but once there everyone connected with the club,fans included need to pull together.
Learn from what Newcastle,Cronulla and Wests endured.
Their sites are a testament of the quality of their fans.
Even through their darkest days their fans supported the club with encouragement,not unproductive insults.
Show the NRL,that the Bulldogs and their fans are still relevant.
We are the Bulldogs and all together we need to dig ourselves deep and make a stand.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
we Have turned things around.. tonight was a huge improvement an I think things are going to get better every week! Pay is starting to make the right decisions with changes an will only get better after a few more happen.

We will have lots of confidence after tonight’s game, we are coming back and I’f the refs don’t continue to stop us we will be a very competitive team in the coming weeks .

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bring Tony Robbins... he'll turn them around quickly
I know Tony Robbins has been and is still involved in multiple sporting clubs mainly as a business enterprise.
I could be wrong bro,but doesn't he mainly deals with life coaching and business in his motivational seminars?
I can't recall reading he's been involved in any motivational sporting seminars.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know Tony Robbins has been and is still involved in multiple sporting clubs mainly as a business enterprise.
I could be wrong bro,but doesn't he mainly deals with life coaching and business in his motivational seminars?
I can't recall reading he's been involved in any motivational sporting seminars.
His stuff is NLP based ... it's all mindset ... can be applied across anything in life...
His following is mainly business minded folk as that is where you need to have that winning mindset... something our players are lacking at the moment..

Raja dirani

Waterboy
Reaction score
Precisely!!!
We need to adopt a 'us against the world' attitude and stick it to the nay sayers and those who work against us

Head down.......fuck the world.
Then walk off the stage and out of the stadium with a big smile and waving the middle finger.
Best response

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What happens outside can never affect self belief.
It’s self belief. It comes from inside.
If the guys don’t believe they can do it, they’re the wrong people for this club.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we string 3 wins together before the bye then we are back in it. Its not out of the question as we play eels sharks and tigers then the bye. 2nd half of the season our draw is good. Hopefully klemmer woods and jackson miss origin. Just need a bit of luck especially with refs. Pay needs to sort out a few also. Mainly that right edge def. A good start would be to split the morris twins up and have foran defending with jmoz.

Bench rotation need sorting out. Jackson to lock was a great but has to play a minimum of 65mins if not more. Move Foran to the left edge where his more dangerous in attack so he can link up with RFM.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
The Kennel resembles the typical abusive ethnic father that rips shreds into you for not measuring up. It is a fear based conversation at the best of times. Too many assume that players don't surf the internet and would know about the Kennel. Do you realise that there are teenagers in the Kennel who probably are being spooked out of wanting to become professional because they see the nasty attitudes when you make mistakes.

So what if the Kennel and it's members continued to debate and share opposing opinions, but did it with respect and encouragement. What if we were kind about a player not performing.

E.G. It is disappointing to see Foran is not performing to the level he knows he can with more plays, because he probably is still having to deal with a compromised body - but look how much he puts it on the line - and would be good to get a couple of game playing players around him - might get him to step up further.

It is frustrating to see Montoya trying too hard and not allowing enough vision to make better decisions. He could do with some grounding and connecting to more of the details of what attacking players are doing and how to position and make better decisions.

And I know this sounds wanky - but we are dealing with human beings who have dreams - shitting on them because it upsets our obsession with winning is hardly healthy or productive for all involved.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell you always make a lot of sense, I have always believed that mental toughness is at least as important than physical toughness and talent. Perhaps the problem with our club is that while we need every supporter we can get, some of our supporters might be damaging player moral with some of the most stupid and offensive rants imaginable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.