News Novel way Trent Barrett kicked off new Canterbury Bulldogs era

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Actually there was one new and very significant thing to read here, and this is the fact that he started work a week earlier then requested. This is massive!!! He could very easily have continued to enjoy a holiday with his family, especially after such a long and difficult year. But instead he was hard at work preparing and planning for another long season. Preparing to mKe us a force to be recconned with again!
This can not be understated imo, and it has not been mentioned until now. Obviously we all knew that he was at work yesterday, but i dont think any of us know that he wasnt actually due to report for work until next week.
WELL DONE BAZ!! YOU THE MAN!!!
Agreed mate, I actually thought it was know he was coming in a bit early, wasn’t that referenced a couple of weeks back?

Regardless, very good signs when you want to get stuck into your new role...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed mate, I actually thought it was know he was coming in a bit early, wasn’t that referenced a couple of weeks back?

Regardless, very good signs when you want to get stuck into your new role...
I cant say for sure, but regardless, it should be recognised.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
DogsDVD.jpg
I donated these DVD's to Trent as I've got these videos in the cloud anyway - but I took his plastic chairs from Crookvale as a security deposit anyway - when the Dogs are winning I'm expecting more company at my BBQ's to watch the Dogs. @Bazildog you up? :-).

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 18386
I donated these DVD's to Trent as I've got these videos in the cloud anyway - but I took his plastic chairs from Crookvale as a security deposit anyway - when the Dogs are winning I'm expecting more company at my BBQ's to watch the Dogs. @Bazildog you up? :-).
Does a one legged duck swim in circles? Do bears shit in the woods? Is the Pope a Catholic? Is a frogs arse water tight? And more importantly, isn't beer proof that God (of your choice) loves us all...?

Yes.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Does a one legged duck swim in circles? Do bears shit in the woods? Is the Pope a Catholic? Is a frogs arse water tight? And more importantly, isn't beer proof that God (of your choice) loves us all...?

Yes.
I’ll take that as a yes then :-).
You can have one of the better chairs (along with your lobster and Chardonnay) and someone less worthy can have one of Trent’s plastic chairs from Crookvale, considering DCE has probably sat on it before :fearscream:.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's 2001 and the dragons captained by Trent Barrett have beaten Canterbury in a semi. The same man who captained that side is now coach of our side and carries the hopes of thousands of fans.. who would've thought
Yep, he figures we are his best chance of winning his 1st premiership as a coach of the Dogs as he never won one as a player. :grinning:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ll take that as a yes then :-).
You can have one of the better chairs (along with your lobster and Chardonnay) and someone less worthy can have one of Trent’s plastic chairs from Crookvale, considering DCE has probably sat on it before :fearscream:.
Can I have one of the chairs the Beagles cheer girls sat on... Just asking for a friend

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It's 2001 and the dragons captained by Trent Barrett have beaten Canterbury in a semi. The same man who captained that side is now coach of our side and carries the hopes of thousands of fans.. who would've thought
Same as David Furner who scored the first Raiders try in the 1994 GF after Bella knocked on the kick-off. You owe us boys :-).

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Usually most of us have a favourite player to follow. Looks like I am going for Coach Baz.
His words are so encouraging which means heaps to our Club.

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 18386
Love the cover of the 81-88 volume. Folks, Langers, Tunks and Cement..:hearteyes: what a hard arse pack we had then..

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
so many of us have just wanted our players to take some pride in the jersey they are wearing win, lose, or draw. Trent just keeps on surprising me with how much he understands what this club needs. You can't help but think things are really on the up. Keep going Trent.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The key thing is he’s going to get this roster into tip top shape so we can compete for the full 80

We will be stronger too with the new strength and conditioning coach.

It’s great to have a coach that doesn’t talk in riddles and can communicate and articulate himself clearly !

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You get the sense this gig has been a bit of a dream for Trent for some time.
May he be the catalyst for change and a successful new direction for the club.
And they have been saying this is his last chance to be considered a real first grade head coach.
To me it feels like TBaz views this as his chance to build a legacy and add his name to the hallowed halls of Belmore.

The king is dead (Belamy) all hail the new king!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
God imagine a highlights video of the great teams of the past, Peponis, Mortimer, Lamb etc etc and then you have to show a bit of footage of Reynolds in 2014 YUCK
Imagine if Reynolds and haz played together in their prime? Reynolds crabs across field hazem crabs to the other side
The other nrl clubs wouldnt know what hit them