Opinion Not first grade standard

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Error1 - for whatever reason, Napa gets hit with a pass from Avo unexpectedly.
Error2 - Napa fails to dive on the loose ball to at least cease play, he simply watches on.
Error3 - Wakeham tackles dickcheese without the ball.
All in the space of 5 seconds.

Its not on Baz, its not on the refs.

We loose because we are dumb, simples.

Wont change without new recruits.
Napa should not be on the field. Baz' fault :grinning:

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There is such a playing the victim mentality on here instead of facing the fact we are just a bad footy side.

Our forwards really struggle to control the ruck which forces us to push our luck with time in the tackle and 10 meters. Sometimes we don't pinged and sometimes we will get hammered with restarts.

A ref howler happens to every team every now and again good teams can recover from them but we aren't a good team so it hurts us more.

Loop sided penalty counts are part of the game for some reason people think they should be even. No one even mentions it when we win the penalty count.

Its not some great conspiracy against the Dogs we are just a bad footy side.
Great post.

The other side of it is the simple fact that momentum generates momentum in this game. Teams on the wrong side of it try to slow it down and in doing so give away 6 agains, 6 agains generate fatigue and mistakes.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is such a playing the victim mentality on here instead of facing the fact we are just a bad footy side.

Our forwards really struggle to control the ruck which forces us to push our luck with time in the tackle and 10 meters. Sometimes we don't pinged and sometimes we will get hammered with restarts.

A ref howler happens to every team every now and again good teams can recover from them but we aren't a good team so it hurts us more.

Loop sided penalty counts are part of the game for some reason people think they should be even. No one even mentions it when we win the penalty count.

There’s no point in sugar coating things, our team just isn’t good enough
Parra was nothing special yesterday and missing some good players but we still couldn’t beat them quite simple really.
Our stupid mistakes and bad decisions are totally on us, we virtually make it impossible for ourselves to win games.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There’s no point in sugar coating things, our team just isn’t good enough
Parra was nothing special yesterday and missing some good players but we still couldn’t beat them quite simple really.
Our stupid mistakes and bad decisions are totally on us, we virtually make it impossible for ourselves to win games.
Spot on Shire! I really hope Tbaz just made his comments yesterday just to bring some attention to the penalty count and doesn't really blame the refs for the second half meltdown. We will never improve by finding excuses like the refs costing us games.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. No refereeing decision explains Wakeham’s brain fart yesterday to tackle Moses without the ball when he was in front of everyone else and had an open try line in front of him. That pretty much changed the course of the game, our heads dropped almost immediately. Some ownership of the truth on TK would be a breath of fresh air instead of a victim mentality and looking for anyone/everyone else to blame.
I couldn’t believe my eyes when he did that.
There was no need or excuses for that foul cost us big time.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exactly!

We can play good in patches but dumb football is the essence to why we cannot compete in games.

As you say every team plays dumb and has howlers.

However it’s the frequency of our howlers and our inability (mentally) more than anything to fix the issues when they occur.

One error is compounded by another error and before we know it the game is gone.

Simple 1% plays are not being made. The willingness and effort required is not a there for too many moments across the game.

Example with Averillo (the halfback) received the ball on the last tackle. Instead of kicking the ball passes it to prop. (Who is not even watching the game) that same prop then compounds his error by just looking at the ball. Almost scared to jump on it. They score our heads drop like an under 12 team. The game is over.

It’s the little plays with lack of urgency that are killing us. Put simply the other team nearly always wants it more. We lack quality sure but the one area we can compete is hunger to complete. Unfortunately we don’t have this hunger either.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly!

We can play good in patches but dumb football is the essence to why we cannot compete in games.

However it’s the frequency of our howlers and our inability (mentally) more than anything to fix the issues when they occur.

One error is compounded by another error and before we know it the game is gone.

Simple 1% plays are not being made. The willingness and effort required is not a there for too many moments across the game.

Example with Averillo (the halfback) received the ball on the last tackle. Instead of kicking the ball passes it to prop. (Who is not even watching the game) that same prop then compounds his error by just looking at the ball. Almost scared to jump on it. They score our heads drop like an under 12 team. The game is over.

It’s the little plays with lack of urgency that are killing us. Put simply the other team nearly always wants it more. We lack quality sure but the one area we can compete is hunger to complete. Unfortunately we don’t have this hunger either.
Feeding into this is lack of of confidence, which is closely correlated with poor decision making. There were a few moments early in the 2nd half that they didn't react to well, that was the sign of the rot coming in.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Exactly!

That's coaching isn't it?

There's multiple reasons why we can't sustain 100% effort for 80 mins.

Baz has no other options than to stop picking the continual mistake riddled players who cause the team to drop their heads.

Thats on him.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TBAZ is the guy.. love him already, wish him the best success here. and to lead our beloved bulldogs back to where we should be and believe he can. Its his job to prove me otherwise and show he can’t. Until 22 I have faith in our coach.!!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
TBAZ is the guy.. love him already, wish him the best success here. and to lead our beloved bulldogs back to where we should be and believe he can. Its his job to prove me otherwise and show he can’t. Until 22 I have faith in our coach.!!
Love your optimism Scoobs, I hope you’re right

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Every club can go through a list like that to be honest it's not exclusive to the Dogs.
The only other team is the cowboys but tell me another team that copped 10 in the bin for offside?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only other team is the cowboys but tell me another team that copped 10 in the bin for offside?
That was a shit call I’m not debating that but every other team in the comp could come up with an example of a shit call against them like that.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spot on Shire! I really hope Tbaz just made his comments yesterday just to bring some attention to the penalty count and doesn't really blame the refs for the second half meltdown. We will never improve by finding excuses like the refs costing us games.
I know he voiced his concerns regarding a few calls but really believe the disappointment would be with the playing group.
Cannot see the referee being a focal point at training this week rather some of our poor plays.
We will be much better next year.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
That was a shit call I’m not debating that but every other team in the comp could come up with an example of a shit call against them like that.
I think we never get the rub of the green if it’s a 50/50 call we won’t get it.
Also Sutton brothers never give us a chance.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That was Gerrard Sutton. You honestly think that we don't get the harsh end of the stick from Sutton regardless which game we play?

He has a massive grudge against us and looks to fuck us over every chance he gets. He has several high profile decisions against us.

An example, every ref calls it a knock on when a fullback fumbles a high kick, there was that game at Suncorp where we kicked it, Broncos fullback got his hand to it and Sutton called play on, that same game he sent Mbye to the bin for 10 at the end of the game.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last week we won the penalty count 6-4 and had 5 restarts to the Dragons 0.

That's 11-4 all up in our favour.
As a result of a real dodgy sin bin for 3 penalties in a row meanwhile dragons gave away 7 in a row and no one got even warned..

Which ever way you want to look at it, we are on the wrong end of bad decisions more often than not...

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you here. It happens to us FAR too often & it's been happening since Bill Harrigan started & calling out players on reputation. The sort of thing that cost Corey Hughes the opportunity to finish his career at this club. HE became a liability.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
As a result of a real dodgy sin bin for 3 penalties in a row meanwhile dragons gave away 7 in a row and no one got even warned..

Which ever way you want to look at it, we are on the wrong end of bad decisions more often than not...
Don’t agree I believe our play has a lot to do with it and we aren’t targeted anymore than any other team. We do have a few penalty magnets in Elliott, Katoa and Hetherington too that doesn’t help out cause.