Opinion Not first grade standard

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All year we have heard that this team is not first grade standard and we are just not good enough which is mostly true, although we have shown improvements these past few weeks…. What pisses me off though is when we get dudded on field almost every week by the referees and we get told to suck it up and that we are not good enough and we are not first grade standard….

Well I think it’s time that everyone gives the referees the same treatment that our players get…. The Refs are not good enough and are not first grade standard and they literally make it impossible for us to be in games being the way that we are this season, and it shits me that even our own fans don’t wanna call it out. The club is doing it tough and we were on top of parra at half time and we were given no chance to stay in the game. Our problems are well documented but imagine trying to get out of this hole and doing the hard work and having to deal with the bullshit that they served us yesterday. It’s simply unacceptable and I’m proud of Trent Barrett for call them out in the press conference.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All year we have heard that this team is not first grade standard and we are just not good enough which is mostly true, although we have shown improvements these past few weeks…. What pisses me off though is when we get dudded on field almost every week by the referees and we get told to suck it up and that we are not good enough and we are not first grade standard….

Well I think it’s time that everyone gives the referees the same treatment that our players get…. The Refs are not good enough and are not first grade standard and they literally make it impossible for us to be in games being the way that we are this season, and it shits me that even our own fans don’t wanna call it out. The club is doing it tough and we were on top of parra at half time and we were given no chance to stay in the game. Our problems are well documented but imagine trying to get out of this hole and doing the hard work and having to deal with the bullshit that they served us yesterday. It’s simply unacceptable and I’m proud of Trent Barrett for call them out in the press conference.
Totally agree. We seem to always be on the wrong side of the referees inconsistency. I'm sure I sound like a biased burnt dogs fan, but I don't care because its just a fact that some teams have an unconscious bias against them...

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well he had the facts in front of him pointed it out loud and clear didn’t hold back hats off to our coach imho
Wonder if Baz is going to cop the $10k fine for his comments? Knowing the NRL, they'll chuck him a fine for complaining about the refereeing - even though in this instance its more than warranted. Good on him for standing up for his playing group as well as the club and actually calling it how it is rather than 'we only completed in patches' and the other cliches from previous pressers. The standard of refereeing was disgraceful, understandably some of our players are not up to scratch and we went into that game as big under dogs but we were not given the opportunity to compete whatsoever in the second half and it was blatant. They should've saved us all 40 mins and just given Parramatta the points at half time if the plan was for Checchin to come out and hand the game to the Eels

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder if Baz is going to cop the $10k fine for his comments? Knowing the NRL, they'll chuck him a fine for complaining about the refereeing - even though in this instance its more than warranted. Good on him for standing up for his playing group as well as the club and actually calling it how it is rather than 'we only completed in patches' and the other cliches from previous pressers. The standard of refereeing was disgraceful, understandably some of our players are not up to scratch and we went into that game as big under dogs but we were not given the opportunity to compete whatsoever in the second half and it was blatant. They should've saved us all 40 mins and just given Parramatta the points at half time if the plan was for Checchin to come out and hand the game to the Eels
I sometimes think there’s an agenda to many teams in Sydney target clubs they want gone or relocated do it in a hidden way that doesn’t raise suspicions ?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is such a playing the victim mentality on here instead of facing the fact we are just a bad footy side.

Our forwards really struggle to control the ruck which forces us to push our luck with time in the tackle and 10 meters. Sometimes we don't pinged and sometimes we will get hammered with restarts.

A ref howler happens to every team every now and again good teams can recover from them but we aren't a good team so it hurts us more.

Loop sided penalty counts are part of the game for some reason people think they should be even. No one even mentions it when we win the penalty count.

Its not some great conspiracy against the Dogs we are just a bad footy side.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I totally agree, when a bias has existed for a long time, (which I believe was started by Gould after the SL war), it rubs of on those around, in this case all involved with RL.
Some of our fans have short Memories, don't even remember two very recent cases one maligning poor old Flann. for crying like a baby on TV
and media maligning our club for it.
Then the comments about Herington taking a dive, when if he had hit the opposing player instead the skum would have call for a 10 week ban.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
There is such a playing the victim mentality on here instead of facing the fact we are just a bad footy side.

Our forwards really struggle to control the ruck which forces us to push our luck with time in the tackle and 10 meters. Sometimes we don't pinged and sometimes we will get hammered with restarts.

A ref howler happens to every team every now and again good teams can recover from them but we aren't a good team so it hurts us more.

Loop sided penalty counts are part of the game for some reason people think they should be even. No one even emotions it when we win the penalty count.

Exactly. No refereeing decision explains Wakeham’s brain fart yesterday to tackle Moses without the ball when he was in front of everyone else and had an open try line in front of him. That pretty much changed the course of the game, our heads dropped almost immediately. Some ownership of the truth on TK would be a breath of fresh air instead of a victim mentality and looking for anyone/everyone else to blame.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The coach spoke well in the press conference when he complained about the decisions being made. But what impressed me the most was him backing up why he had issues, summarised it well with all the issues he had. I think we have the right coach. Who knows whether he’ll get fined or not, but he has to make a stand with speaking up for the team if he doesn’t think it’s consistent.

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A very valid and realistic point James, many involved with the game want and have talked about reducing the number of teams in Sydney. So why not get rid of the (so called) Muslim multi cultural club.
All our football club has holding it together is our strong Leagues Club, should something happen to it God help us.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Loop sided penalty counts are part of the game for some reason people think they should be even. No one even mentions it when we win the penalty count.

Penalty counts used to be fairly even though bc refs couldn't be seen to favour one team over another.

Thats whats changed now. They can.

In any game of league there's any number of opportunities to even up penalty counts. One team might be slow at rolling off like us and get penalised but the other team are moving off the mark or offside 60% of ptb. That is an opportunity for the ref to even the penalty count....they rarely penalise those rules tho.

Why?

If not to give one team an advantage over the other? They certainly know the ramifications and fatigue of their decisions to give heavily unbalanced 6 agains and biased head high penalties.

Refs know exactly what influence they have in the deciding of match outcomes yet continue to often see some teams as near perfect, mistake free angels who dont break "any" of the rugby league rules these refs should be adjudicating on.

We all know we have the dumbest team. Have for several years. But the other teams aren't that much better at adhering to all the rules by sometimes a factor of 9 to 1 against us.

Last edited:

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score

It’s not only this game or last game or our first game of the year it’s been happening for years
We get absolutely shit calls .
My memory isn’t the best but
09 the milk man
Black Friday
Every game against south’s from 2014 and on,
Bro I remember the ref giving a penalty cause kasiano threw the ball after a knock on,
Jackson 10 in the bin for offside,
How many tries did they deny us cause how the ref interprets the rules.
Refs are fucked we always cop it and it’s a fact.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s not only this game or last game or our first game of the year it’s been happening for years
We get absolutely shit calls .
My memory isn’t the best but
09 the milk man
Black Friday
Every game against south’s from 2014 and on,
Bro I remember the ref giving a penalty cause kasiano threw the ball after a knock on,
Jackson 10 in the bin for offside,
How many tries did they deny us cause how the ref interprets the rules.
Refs are fucked we always cop it and it’s a fact.
Every club can go through a list like that to be honest it's not exclusive to the Dogs.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Error1 - for whatever reason, Napa gets hit with a pass from Avo unexpectedly.
Error2 - Napa fails to dive on the loose ball to at least cease play, he simply watches on.
Error3 - Wakeham tackles dickcheese without the ball.
All in the space of 5 seconds.

Its not on Baz, its not on the refs.

We loose because we are dumb, simples.

Wont change without new recruits.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

When do you remember the last lopsided penalty count in our favour?

I can't remember one in recent years..