Official North Coast Bulldogs Andrew Johns and Laurie Daley Squads and Scores and Team News 2024

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Vincent Inglis any relationship with robbie Inglis and GI?

Last edited:

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any we should keep a eye on?
From the LD Side

Toby Batten -halfback group 2

Rielly Laverty - 5/8 group 2

Liam Cuffe -has played 1st grade this year in group 2 can play anywhere in the backs

Pat Carey -from group 2 didn't play this year due to knee injury but is a very good forward

Vincent Inglis - from group 3 backrower ,lock could really play anywhere very handy player I ref him in school footy he got a a strong all round game

Logan Lacey- from group 2 is another 5/8 but I think he will end up as a ball playing 13 down the track

Zac young- from group 2 is another union lad tall and solid build he did recently make a union tour team to go over to NZ

Both half's Toby and Rielly have a played a fair chunk of footy together and have been in rep system for while now. imo 2 of the better half's running around up here on the north coast . both played 16s and 18s this year and both won the 16s gf and Rielly won 18s where Toby come 3rd in the 18s season but picked up group best n fairest he was 10 votes clear of second place . Both lads have been on scholarship

I spoke to hammo during there 1st trial said a few of the boys from AJ and LD could be brought down and be filtered through Matt's and ball during there season

Someone from the group 3 area mite be able to fill in more about some of the there players

AJ squad I didn't really watch much of there age group this year so can't comment I do no a few players in the team

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it was published it was on would have went
I know im repeating my self but the club is shooting itself in the foot with their refusal to keep supporters (who are their customers) informed - apart from the jun rep trials last night add Karl Oloapus surgery and Connor Tracey injury - how hard would it be to put some info on the website.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone attend the trial of north coast vs roosters I think?if so any news?

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NORTH COAST BULLDOGS SEASON PREVIEW 2024

ANDREW JOHNS CUP

NORTH COAST BULLDOGS

Captain: Kden Carter

Coach: Geoff Batten

Last season: Fourth in Northern Conference (2-3)

Why they will be competitive: As the first year of representative football for much of the squad, the initial training came as a bit of a shock to the system for the players. However they’ve shown great skill and commitment to come on in leaps and bounds over the course of the summer.

“It took them a while to absorb it but I’ve been really happy with the last couple of weeks,” said coach Geoff Batten. “The penny’s really starting to drop and they’re going quite well.”

In addition, the coach is confident the squad has the right balance to make an impact in the competition.

“We’ve got more size than we’ve had in the past few years. But in saying that, a couple of them are fairly agile as well, so I think they’ve got some minutes in them. They’ve got a nice blend of size, X-factor and just good, solid players.”

Players to watch: Speaking of X-factor, leading the side from fullback will be skipper Kden Carter, who will be one the Bulldogs look to for some attacking flair with the ball in hand. “He’s not real big but he’s pretty electric and has nice vision,” said Batten. “He’s a bit like a little Matty Bowen or Kalyn Ponga – that type of player.”

Meanwhile in the engine room, front-rower Thomas Masters, who is remarkably only playing his third year of football, has shown a lot of promise and looms as a key forward for the Bulldogs. “Since he’s come into the program he’s just been skyrocketing every week, so I think at the back-end of the program he should be absolutely flying,” said Batten.

He’ll be partnered by fellow prop Koby Toomey, whose mix of physicality and athleticism the coach hopes will give the pack an edge this season. “He’s just been ultra-consistent through the trials. He’s a nice, big, mobile body.”

Key fixtures: One of two Andrew Johns Cup sides that have a relationship with the Canterbury Bulldogs, the North Coast Bulldogs will be looking to get one over their stablemates the Northern Region Tigers when the two sides clash in round one at Scully Park in Tamworth.

Squad: Aidan Carey, Aidan Langham, Beau Harper, Bodhi Kennedy, Chais Doherty, Darcy Crawley, Frazer Merrick, Hayden Robertson, Jack Stevens, Jackson Cheney, Jacob Rowlings, Jake Hunter, Jarhys Ridgeway, Karl Turner, Kden Carter, Koby Toomey, Logan Bes, Matthew Smith, Quinn Evans, Rory Clarke, Thomas Masters, Tynan Forsyth, Wes Le Rougetel, William Sudewa, Zac Yule

LAURIE DALEY CUP

NORTH COAST BULLDOGS

Captain: Jett Gilbert

Coach: Peter Wood

Last season: Fifth in Northern Conference (0-1-4)

Why they will be competitive: With a core group of players that have been in the Bulldogs system for a couple of years, plus some of the most talented bottom-age players stepping up into the Laurie Daley Cup after impressing in last year’s Johns Cup, the Bulldogs are confident they’ve got the right mix to give the competition a shake.

“We’ve got a pretty good core of kids who’ve been in the system for a couple of years and they’re a tight group,” said coach Peter Wood. “We’re only going to be a small pack but we’re going to be pretty mobile. We’ve showed plenty of grit and toughness in our trials, and I think our boys sort of thrive on that toughness a little bit. It’s a trait they show that will set them up well into the competition.”

Players to watch: Young halves Rielly Laverty and Toby Batten are among the most exciting young prospects to come out of the Mid-North Coast in recent years. Playing up a year, the pair impressed in the Andrew Johns Cup last year and were rewarded by sending some time with the Canterbury Bulldogs’ Harold Matthews team in Sydney for the pre-season.

“They’re mature beyond their years and are very smart footballers,” said Wood. “They’re quality footballers but better still, they’re quality human beings. They’re just good people,” he said.

“They’re handling it (the step up) well. They don’t shy away from contact. They’re quality kids. I’ve got a lot of time and respect for them and as a coach I ask them for their opinions.”

They’ll be well supported by skipper Jett Gilbert, who’ll be leading the pack as a middle forward. “He’s our club captain and he leads by example. He’s a true leader and a bit of a warrior, old Jetto,” said Wood.

Key fixtures: Just like their teammates in the Johns Cup, every year the Bulldogs players circle the clash against the Northern Tigers (round one) to see which country region is producing the best young players for Canterbury.

Squad: Brayth Ledger, Brennan Cuffe, Colbi Hunt, Cooper Cochrane, Cale Ogilvy, Gus Single, Jett Gilbert, Jett Hanson, Liam Cuffe, Lleyton Moore, Logan Lacey, Kyle Marron, Pat Carey, Ricky Carrington, Rielly Laverty, Rowan Mcilroy, Sam Watts, Samuel Petch, Timothy Broderick, Toby Batten, Vincent Inglis, Zac Young, Zayne Shutes, Zeb Hogan

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew Johns Cup Northern Tigers Vs North coast Bulldogs (both our feeder areas) live on NSWRL Facebook page 10am NSW time
Screenshot_20240130-162923.pngScreenshot_20240130-162944.pngScreenshot_20240130-163000.png

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laurie Daly Cup Northern Tigers Vs North coast Bulldogs (both our feeder areas) live on NSWRL Facebook page 11:20am NSW time

Screenshot_20240130-163712~2.pngScreenshot_20240130-163818.pngScreenshot_20240130-163843.png

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NCB win AJ cup 34-10

NCB to big and strong half's where good and so was the fullback and captain . Was sloppy at times commentator mentioned it was in the 30s so I dare say the heat was a factor

Last edited:

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NT have had a strong start leading 20-6 at HT over NCB

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NT run out winners 36 - 6 in LD cup

NT fowards to dominate could be a tough season for NCB especially against the bigger packs