Noddy

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

The Bulldogs should think outside the box and take a punt on former Test halfback Brett Kimmorley for the coaching job for 2023 and beyond.

The usual suspects are being bandied around as the men to fill the hot seat - Blues Origin coach Brad Fittler, premiership winners Shane Flanagan and Paul Green, Penrith assistant Cameron Ciraldo and St Helens' Aussie coach Kristian Woolf.

Kimmorley hasn't coached at NRL level but has one of the best analytical minds in the game and is currently working on pathways and junior development with the Wests Tigers.

Cool headed and able to relate to young players, Kimmorley has recruited some outstanding youngsters who will be top class players for the Wests Tigers - but sadly not for the next few seasons as they are all in the 16-18 year age bracket.

In his playing days, there were few smarter halfbacks and he could pick apart opposition defences with his class and ability to read a game.

he man known as 'Noddy' has all the other attributes a coach needs - he can 'schmooze' the board, is a polished media performer and will relate well to the fans.

And let's not forget he played the final two seasons of his illustrious career at the Bulldogs - what a perfect fit.

While Kimmorley is an option who ticks a lot of boxes, Phil Gould has hinted strongly that the next man for the job will be an experienced campaigner. Put it down as the job he should get rather than the one he will.

Assistant Coach, I think so, Head Coach I don't think so.

Always a Bulldog

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But could he tell TPJ, Naden, Dufty, Okunbor et al to pull their fucken heads in. Bit different to colouring in on a white board.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd love Noddy as an assistant. I think he's very knowledgeable and a great communicator. He always speaks well and is respectful of the club. But any talk of being the head coach is crazy. We need someone with experience.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Pay was also connected with the juniors when he came. Didnt work out they arent kids any more and play differently. Especially defensively

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck off please. It’s off the chain !!!

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Media is throwing shit at the wall and hopes some will eventually stick

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
Love Noddy but I think any Bulldogs DNA he once had has worn out

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just shows that the role is obviously desirable. Not like in 2018 when Dymock and Pay were front runners.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Such an underrated player.