No surprise that the NRL lets Souths players get away with dangerous chargedowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Mate he got charged days ago and he has already accepted the 1 week off lol
Oh he did?? LOL

because I was reading an article earlier which only mentioned Isaac Lukes ban. i was thinking wtf why didnt Keary get charged.

Sweet.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Oh he did?? LOL

because I was reading an article earlier which only mentioned Isaac Lukes ban. i was thinking wtf why didnt Keary get charged.

Sweet.
Yh im stuck at home sick watching foxsports news and im pretty sure i saw the ticker say Keary accepted thr charge.

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That is complete bullshiit. After the whole Graham incident i thought they were going to make example of players attacking legs. Well it looks like they have, it's fine to do unless u are a Bulldog then u get suspended. I thought it was worse then Grahams attempt because Lowe actually went for the legs. Anyway guess they are just showing the rest of us how well the Rabbits are protected within the NRL.
what Ive been saying all along and telling that flop lambchops the same -- protected species rabbitohs

dorikin

Waterboy
Reaction score
Keary and Luke accept 1 match ban

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=9019655
Keary, Luke take one-game bans

South Sydney pair Issac Luke and Luke Keary will miss Friday night's clash against rivals Canterbury after taking the early guilty plea on separate charges stemming from their last-start win over North Queensland.
Luke took the early one-game ban for his dangerous throw on Cowboys' fullback Lachlan Coote but will contest his grade one shoulder charge on Johnathan Thurston at the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night.
Should he fail in his bid to overturn the charge, the departing Rabbitohs hooker will miss a further two games and won't be back until the finals.
It is the first time an NRL player will challenge a shoulder charge since the governing body altered its interpretation of the illegal tackle a fortnight ago.
Keary accepted his one-match suspension for his own grade one shoulder charge on Cowboys' centre Justin O'Neill and will be back the following week against Brisbane.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome news. Keary and Luke is a huge loss.
Rumours about walker being out and Sutton unlikely make this a must win game for us.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Walker broke his hand on the weekend.. he's little to no chance.
Suttons hamstring isn't 100% at the moment either.

Also Greg Inglis is having knee concerns but should play.

I wonder how many weeks Paasi will get for his nasty challenge on Morris on the weekend.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I wonder how many weeks Paasi will get for his nasty challenge on Morris on the weekend.
0 weeks lol

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That is complete bullshiit. After the whole Graham incident i thought they were going to make example of players attacking legs. Well it looks like they have, it's fine to do unless u are a Bulldog then u get suspended. I thought it was worse then Grahams attempt because Lowe actually went for the legs. Anyway guess they are just showing the rest of us how well the Rabbits are protected within the NRL.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Dr Maguire will let us know later in the week whether or not he has cleared his players for the Friday night game, Lol.

Let them play injured as far as I am concerned, would be stupid to risk them this close to the finals.

Nothing said about the Paasi challenge yet?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Paasi copped a grade 1 dangerous contact charge for the hit on Morris. 100 points if he fights it, but took early plea, so escapes ban.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ai...lder-charge-bans/story-fndv36md-1227486860048

There was an NRL.com article on it earlier.
Sorry, should have been a bit clearer with my comment, I did mean to say that he was charged and has points carry over but can play this week, that was what I meant by escaped ban. ( with early guilty plea)

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I really hate the fuking nrl.
Swearing at the referee twice or yelling at them will get you longer than the so called tackling style that causes brain damage and possible lawsuits in the future...

****ing typical and disgusting of the NRL, if it was our players they would have gotten set as an example for sure.

I use to think the NRL was fair but it's becoming more and more obvious they have favourites, our club should stop giving the NRL cuts of our money made to see how much they would miss us and see how they are taking our club for granted in so many aspects.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He got 1 week

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Swearing at the referee twice or yelling at them will get you longer than the so called tackling style that causes brain damage and possible lawsuits in the future...

****ing typical and disgusting of the NRL, if it was our players they would have gotten set as an example for sure.

I use to think the NRL was fair but it's becoming more and more obvious they have favourites, our club should stop giving the NRL cuts of our money made to see how much they would miss us and see how they are taking our club for granted in so many aspects.
We are like that really great girlfriend who does everything for you and the NRL are like the douche boyfriend who mistreats them constantly and then wonders why after years of all their doucheness that she walks out the door (super league pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.