News 'No scattergun approach': Cashed-up Dogs happy to wait for key targets

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clarke would be my pic at hooker, he could be a real revelation over here. Would definitely generate some attacking spark. Surely you could get him over for a year on 600k? See how he goes.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Clarke would be my pic at hooker, he could be a real revelation over here. Would definitely generate some attacking spark. Surely you could get him over for a year on 600k? See how he goes.
Everyone is saying lets get Daryl Clarke...he just signed a 3 year extension until the end of 2023!!

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone is saying lets get Daryl Clarke...he just signed a 3 year extension until the end of 2023!!
Maybe he has a get out clause....or he could do what NRL players do and have a sook about it and then he'll get a release.:smirk:

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe he has a get out clause....or he could do what NRL players do and have a sook about it and then he'll get a release.:smirk:
Im pretty sure he is happy there signing a 3 year extension.
But hey everyone has their own Super coach team!

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
From memory we have pursued Walmsley several times over the last 5 years on Jammer's recommendation without success and we weren't the only NRL team to do so. He's seems too tied to the old dart and it's not like we didn't offer $decent.

Go Dogs

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im pretty sure he is happy there signing a 3 year extension.
But hey everyone has their own Super coach team!
Didn't he say he wanted to test himself in the NRL? if so he should have a get out clause in his contract. I don't know, maybe he extended because there were no reasonable offers from NRL clubs so it wouldn't hurt to have a crack (shout out to David Holland)

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn't he say he wanted to test himself in the NRL? if so he should have a get out clause in his contract. I don't know, maybe he extended because there were no reasonable offers from NRL clubs so it wouldn't hurt to have a crack (shout out to David Holland)
Dont get me wrong id love to have him but surely you dont have all your hopes in trusted with David Holland?!? 0.0%

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong id love to have him but surely you dont have all your hopes in trusted with David Holland?!? 0.0%
No the David Holland shout out was in reference to "having a crack"
He did say Burton would be here next year so I'm going to choose to believe it - even if it's BS

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Officially the Roosters have one of the lowest amounts of 3rd party agreements in the NRL.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/12/13/nrl-crackdown-leads-to-dramatic-drop-in-third-party-deals/
Now that's funny :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:. They can spin it anyway they like and Uncle Nick isn't called the Godfather for nothing........As that story said theirs a lot more to it than what they published.

Some important details like: There are a range of different TPAs – which include motor vehicles, whole of game sponsorship and community and contra deals – however the private sector arm's length agreements are what have traditionally been most questioned by fans........AND
The Roosters had just $69,000 worth of private sector TPAs, however the likes of Cooper Cronk and James Tedesco benefited from additional whole of game sponsorship which wasn't included in the team-by-team breakdown.

And now SBW gets the red carpet treatment........If only ALL other clubs had the same liberties as the Rorters!......They have a virtual rep team and are allowed to replace someone like Radley with SBW! We lost Foran to injury for most of last year but denied a replacement player.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we are linked with any decent back rowers?

I wrote in another post, we are pretty thin there now that that piece of shit left.

* Thompson (gun player but putting him here weakens our props depth)
* Jackson (older legs)
* RFM (History shows he can go missing)
* Topine (I dont know how he goes - anyone have any idea? Who is he similar to? Can he go? Potential to be a real star?)
* Stimson (needs to get fit and back to Storm form)

- Elliott not worth more than 350k regardless how thin we are.
- Britt doesn’t have it

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No the David Holland shout out was in reference to "having a crack"
He did say Burton would be here next year so I'm going to choose to believe it - even if it's BS
How come you don't believe Nasheed then, .......he has the contacts from Taree that are in the know. You're being biased....poor Nasheed!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone can have highlights reels in UK

Different animal the NRL , look at Thommo he’s not doing it easy like he did UK

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s called a “highlights reel” for very good reason, it’s a few minutes out of the 2000+ minutes that he played in 2019. Suggest you watch a few complete StHelens games from last year.

Go Dogs

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How come you don't believe Nasheed then, .......he has the contacts from Taree that are in the know. You're being biased....poor Nasheed!
LOL. TBH, Nasheed's mail usually links us to plodders (e.g Benj Marshall). Credit to Holland, his mail may be BS but at least it's good BS

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s called a “highlights reel” for very good reason, it’s a few minutes out of the 2000+ minutes that he played in 2019. Suggest you watch a few complete StHelens games from last year.

Go Dogs
No thanks twin ball bags

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

He's just taking his time settling in. Scored a try against the roosters in the WCC and his support runs were great. With a new coach some better players in the spine, he will show his true value in attack close to the line