News 'No scattergun approach': Cashed-up Dogs happy to wait for key targets

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We really need two edge forwards, I don't think i'll last another season with Jackson out on the right edge lol.
Would be nice to steal Tupouniua from the Roosters. Him and Topine could be a great second row pairing going forward.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haven't seen too many frontrowers in Oz who are as mobile and agile ;)
Scored 11 tries in a season which is probably more than Crapa and Tols have scored combined in the careers..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would be nice to steal Tupouniua from the Roosters. Him and Topine could be a great second row pairing going forward.
I was thinking yesterday if anyone is going to benefit from sbw it would be tuponiua.. still plenty of backrowers around that would jump at the bit to play on an edge for the dogs in the coming years.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I was thinking yesterday if anyone is going to benefit from sbw it would be tuponiua.. still plenty of backrowers around that would jump at the bit to play on an edge for the dogs in the coming years.
Agree, at the dogs recently we've had success with left edge with Islander backrowers most notably Frank Pritchard. We need to get a player of his stature again, god I miss tank in his prime. I think Tupouniua could be that guy.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought Andrew Hill was a mute since the start of the season
Good to see him talking again
He doesn't waste his time talking to nobodies like me or you, he only talks to those that matter, those that are his bosses, that can play for us, that can coach for us or that can sponsor us.
He most certainly doesn't talk to the scumbag journalists, they are even less than a nobody.

Go Dogs

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
George burgess is an english prop. Lol

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree, at the dogs recently we've had success with on the left edge with Islander backrowers most notably Frank Pritchard. We need to get a player of his stature again, god I miss tank in his prime. I think Tupouniua could be that guy.
We definitely need someone like that.. it's about time we see some young boys thrown in because we might already have an answer at the club and I really don't want next year to be another we will see who fits where best kind of year.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He doesn't waste his time talking to nobodies like me or you, he only talks to those that matter, those that are his bosses, that can play for us, that can coach for us or that can sponsor us.
He most certainly doesn't talk to the scumbag journalists, they are even less than a nobody.

Go Dogs
Oh ok

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worst thing we can do is go on a buying spree. We would repeat the sins of the past. Buying strategically (strengthen the spine)should see us climb the ladder steadily whilst giving our juniors (or the ones we steal from Penrith) a chance to mature without paying over the top. We may unearth some gems in the process

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw on NRL 360, pannel talking about hooker issues at St George and Lara Pitt said we have approached Mccinnes. That would be a great signing

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just saw on NRL 360, pannel talking about hooker issues at St George and Lara Pitt said we have approached Mccinnes. That would be a great signing
Could do worse yes.!!!

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
My favourite rumour so far. Be hard to pry a club captain away but fuck it would be good for us. He’s all heart and a great 9.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hit the nail on the head mate.
Someone mentioned ‘rockstar’ before. I would love some rock star signings. Everyone else has numerous; we don’t have one.

With the three years endured and our current roster it should be zero surprise if we retained who we wanted and added -Walmsly, Clarke, I like Maloney for a half and to be honest a gun second rower. (Shame about Bateman) Maybe keep Lafai on the cheap too.
Thompson is an elite front rower, we technically have one rockstar. But take your point, we need a rockstar in one of the Spine positions

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My favourite rumour so far. Be hard to pry a club captain away but fuck it would be good for us. He’s all heart and a great 9.
He definitely doesn’t want to be hitting it up on tackle 1 for the next 5 years of his life, he’s a hooker, I think it’s a good marriage at the Bulldogs