no more rookie coaches.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If you keep changing coaches you'll eventually get 1 that's good. All I know is we couldn't stay with Baz any longer. When it gets to this point I have no issue with us sacking a coach. I agree, we should be going experienced and that only leaves Flanagan imo. I think he's a clear favourite. If we go inexperienced then it'd have to be Ciraldo. Anyone else in-between doesn't cut it for me.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not exactly lots of experienced coaches out there, who will come. We will be a massive gamble for any incoming coach. We are coach killers.

I get what you mean, experience would help a lot, but getting someone who fits the bill to come over, might be another story. We may have to pay massive overs for someone.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Ok - and maybe a banana bender or 2 can add something to this but would you consider the Walker Brothers?

They were up for the Warriors job in 2021 but missed out - mainly as I think the CE's thought its 2 big a risk. You want to get to the front, you create your own style and this is something different. And based on Cup results with Ipswich when they took over - there's some merit to it.

I'm a fairly successful guy, maybe coz I've always zigged when others have zagged. We're not out Penrithing Penrith and out Storming the Storm so why not give it a shot.

Give em a go to the end of the year with a club option. Not like we can be worse than where we are at now.

No coach of standing is taking on this basketcase without $$$'s - which sucks for the club. I don't want jungle juice Flanno either with his kid playing for us. Too easy for that shit to go off the rails. Walkers wanted a NRL gig - they get one. Currently not coaching. For a foot in the door, reckon they would go for it.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok - and maybe a banana bender or 2 can add something to this but would you consider the Walker Brothers?

They were up for the Warriors job in 2021 but missed out - mainly as I think the CE's thought its 2 big a risk. You want to get to the front, you create your own style and this is something different. And based on Cup results with Ipswich when they took over - there's some merit to it.

I'm a fairly successful guy, maybe coz I've always zigged when others have zagged. We're not out Penrithing Penrith and out Storming the Storm so why not give it a shot.

Give em a go to the end of the year with a club option. Not like we can be worse than where we are at now.

No coach of standing is taking on this basketcase without $$$'s - which sucks for the club. I don't want jungle juice Flanno either with his kid playing for us. Too easy for that shit to go off the rails. Walkers wanted a NRL gig - they get one. Currently not coaching. For a foot in the door, reckon they would go for it.
I was thinking exactly this today.
Give them a shot until the end of the year if they would be keen to take it on.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven't looked much at who is available. But I agree that I don't want to go for another big gamble on a rookie.

Flanagan can coach, but the doping scandal wouldn't have been a secret to him while it was happening and he oversaw a team cheating the cap then too. Last of all I think nepotism would mean his son could play the worst football of his career and would be a walk up starter in one of the most important positions in the 17.

Aside from Flanagan I don't actually know of any good options. Is John Morris from the Sharks still a free agent? Might be ok.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. I don’t think the club can afford to gamble on ciraldo. Would be an identical appointment to baz who was also getting a tonne of credit for penriths performances.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Kristian Wolf has performed well in the Super League (and living in France as I do, I see a lot more of their games that a lot of others on TK). Super league is definitely not the NRL, but it is not too far away at the top end. We are looking for a good half and even FB and who knows what he might be able to bring with him. Many pommie halves have proved their mettle in the NRL and before that......so it could be worth consideration. One the guy CAN coach and 2. He might bring some much needed talent.................just a thought.......Ciraldo would not jump sip mid season and IMO is another gamble.........I have considered the Walker brothers, but I understand that they have now split up as a coaching team......also another gamble.......this great club deserves better than a gamble.......

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
I also agree with "Burgler" in another post today......I think that we need to get Ennis involved with the club.........he knows his football and he knows how this club operates. Whether or not he would be open to an assistant role is the big question. On his own as a head coach he is unfortunately just another untried gamble (albeit probably a good one).