no jmoz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh honest not a bad thing, at least we get to see the Rona Bmoz combo on show once more.. Plus if it's Tissue damage shouldn't rush him in.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not gonna be an easy game.. the turn around plus our consistency record loll

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Strongest team in a while...hopefully Des doesn't fuck the rotations. No need for any of our middle forwards to play over 60 minutes this week. No fucking Tolman playing 80 ffs.
You want a workhorse to take a breather and have one less strike player interchange?

Lichaa needs a short breather more than Tolman does, so I'd keep the workhorse for 80, and maybe tweak the minutes around the rest of the rotation to let our props and 2nd rowers bruise them as much as possible.

I don't see any value in giving Tolman a break, he stays his pretty consistent self with or without it, so why take him off? If we where going to roll the dice (which I don't think we should after dominating the 5th place Broncos for the sake of playing against the 15th placed Roosters), then push Lichaa to 80 minutes, drop Garvey off the bench, and keep an extra big man for the prop/2nd row rotation....... but, that leaves us vulnerable, along with a short turn around, so I'd predict no changes to rotation, other than those around returning players. If we get a roll on down the middle early, we should beat them down, so I'd be looking for more impact, not a equal share of time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You want a workhorse to take a breather and have one less strike player interchange?

Lichaa needs a short breather more than Tolman does, so I'd keep the workhorse for 80, and maybe tweak the minutes around the rest of the rotation to let our props and 2nd rowers bruise them as much as possible.

I don't see any value in giving Tolman a break, he stays his pretty consistent self with or without it, so why take him off? If we where going to roll the dice (which I don't think we should after dominating the 5th place Broncos for the sake of playing against the 15th placed Roosters), then push Lichaa to 80 minutes, drop Garvey off the bench, and keep an extra big man for the prop/2nd row rotation....... but, that leaves us vulnerable, along with a short turn around, so I'd predict no changes to rotation, other than those around returning players. If we get a roll on down the middle early, we should beat them down, so I'd be looking for more impact, not a equal share of time.
Na it has nothing to do with giving Tolman a rest, it is more for getting him off the field. We don't need him pumping massive minutes based on the players we have in the 17 atm.

Graham, Tolman, Klemmer, Kasiano, Eastwood and Fualalo can all play tight...no need for any of them pumping massive numbers. We need to play high intensity footy

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the Bulldogs field the side as selected we will have a strong all round side even without JMoz.

This will be a tough game but as long as our halves are the first receivers and our front rowers play like forwards we wii go okay.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Na it has nothing to do with giving Tolman a rest, it is more for getting him off the field. We don't need him pumping massive minutes based on the players we have in the 17 atm.

Graham, Tolman, Klemmer, Kasiano, Eastwood and Fualalo can all play tight...no need for any of them pumping massive numbers. We need to play high intensity footy
Well, maybe, yeh I can see that...... guess it depends on what our final bench is (my fingers are crossed RFM will be on there, he's a special for me, I want to see lots of game time from him because he is solid now, but just looks like he could be ready to break out and be outstanding, hope he is spending a lot of time watching and talking to Eastwood, RFM strikes me as a player that could take on quite a bit from Eastwood, add his element to it, and the results would be pretty great)

I know plenty won't agree, but I suspect Des does a little of what he does with a view to the season overall, win the game first priority, but if you can do that and push minutes on a few guys to have them prepared for what may or may not come later, all the better. We see him not use all the interchanges at times.... we see him even now using Garvey but holding back his minutes, which I suspect has as much to do with pushing Lichaa for his minutes as pushing or rewarding Garvey for having earned it (plus the possible injury insurance side, or just depending how the game unfolds).

Maybe this weeks interchange plan will change a bit given its a short turn around against a team coming off a bye....... but my guess is Des would prefer to not have to change it and to see the team get through that, to prep them a little more for late season (won't change much physically, but mentally..... not bad to know you did that as a player, and mentally have that later).

Then again, he might switch up the interchange a bit and value the eased workload more, I'd like to think he thinks about these things during training over the week, and as a game unfolds, on the plus side.... not long for us to wait and see this round.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well, maybe, yeh I can see that...... guess it depends on what our final bench is (my fingers are crossed RFM will be on there, he's a special for me, I want to see lots of game time from him because he is solid now, but just looks like he could be ready to break out and be outstanding, hope he is spending a lot of time watching and talking to Eastwood, RFM strikes me as a player that could take on quite a bit from Eastwood, add his element to it, and the results would be pretty great)

I know plenty won't agree, but I suspect Des does a little of what he does with a view to the season overall, win the game first priority, but if you can do that and push minutes on a few guys to have them prepared for what may or may not come later, all the better. We see him not use all the interchanges at times.... we see him even now using Garvey but holding back his minutes, which I suspect has as much to do with pushing Lichaa for his minutes as pushing or rewarding Garvey for having earned it (plus the possible injury insurance side, or just depending how the game unfolds).

Maybe this weeks interchange plan will change a bit given its a short turn around against a team coming off a bye....... but my guess is Des would prefer to not have to change it and to see the team get through that, to prep them a little more for late season (won't change much physically, but mentally..... not bad to know you did that as a player, and mentally have that later).

Then again, he might switch up the interchange a bit and value the eased workload more, I'd like to think he thinks about these things during training over the week, and as a game unfolds, on the plus side.... not long for us to wait and see this round.
If RFM picks up the 4th spot then thats 2 backrowers on the bench, I can't see that happening under Des. Id pick RFM in my starting 13 though.

Id run with this..

8. Klemmer
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Tolman

14. Kasiano
15. Eastwood
16. Fualalo
17. Williams

Imagine the impact of Williams, Kasiano and Eastwood coming on together...can turn a game or even put it out of reach of the opposition by halftime.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I can't believe people are still arguing a point to keep tolman on the field lol. We have graham that is enough. I actually liked finè I think his thinner frame and his hit ups have the bigger boys more of a breather

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't believe people are still arguing a point to keep tolman on the field lol. We have graham that is enough. I actually liked finè I think his thinner frame and his hit ups have the bigger boys more of a breather
Marley had a valid point, your arguing the 60 minute Graham should keep playing the 80 minutes he doesn't actually play, not so much?

Don't think Graham has played the full 80 this season..... might be wrong, I'm not going to check the whole season or forever to prove the usual. Want to keep supporting that imaginary side of the debate?

Tolman CAN play 80, Marley I think was saying it would be better if he didn't to run more minutes to the strike depth we have on the bench. His point made sense. Your arguing Graham should be enough playing the 80 minutes he doesn't actually play? (just to clarify - if we are debating fiction, I vote lets get Superman in the front row, Batman is just some rich guy with cool toys, and if Superman was in our front row, I'd make one of his KPI's to play 81 minutes per game..... in the spirit of making no sense........ or did you just miss the entire point of my debate for a 80 minute prop against not doing that? :yum:)

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ummm wtf are you on about.
I don't think there's a point of having both graham and tolman on the field at the same time.
I only read Marleys post and posted on that

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ummm wtf are you on about.
I don't think there's a point of having both graham and tolman on the field at the same time.
I only read Marleys post and posted on that
So, 40 min Tolman and 40 min Graham you meant? ...... that clarifies this for me more for sure.

(clarified you don't actually have a valid point of view if you look into it for more than 2 seconds)

Last edited:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So, 40 min Tolman and 40 min Graham you meant? ...... that clarifies this for me more for sure.

(clarified you don't actually have a valid point of view if you look into it for more than 2 seconds)
Lol it's cute when you think your opinion matters on what's valid

Talltimber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If JWH is on then Kasiano needs to be on at the same time to contain him. Soon as Kas was benched in that semi they sent Hargraves back on and he carved us up.
Before that Kasiano smashed him whenever he got the ball.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Couldn't imagine that he'd play those sort of minutes tonight though especially with graham on at the same time. The roosters have a pretty powerful pack our go forward would really suffer.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Marley had a valid point, your arguing the 60 minute Graham should keep playing the 80 minutes he doesn't actually play, not so much?

Don't think Graham has played the full 80 this season..... might be wrong, I'm not going to check the whole season or forever to prove the usual. Want to keep supporting that imaginary side of the debate?

Tolman CAN play 80, Marley I think was saying it would be better if he didn't to run more minutes to the strike depth we have on the bench. His point made sense. Your arguing Graham should be enough playing the 80 minutes he doesn't actually play? (just to clarify - if we are debating fiction, I vote lets get Superman in the front row, Batman is just some rich guy with cool toys, and if Superman was in our front row, I'd make one of his KPI's to play 81 minutes per game..... in the spirit of making no sense........ or did you just miss the entire point of my debate for a 80 minute prop against not doing that? :yum:)
Checked nrl stats for you according to them he has not played 80 minutes this year. Closest he went was 72 minutes vs. Raiders.( round 12)

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des fooled everyone again. Aww shucks

Status
Not open for further replies.