Opinion No Ciraldo. Potter2024

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ciraldo will us how to fkn defend

Giving up 26 points and 42 missed tackled is unacceptable
I wonder how much Ciraldo would improve our d without a preseason to work on it? My guess is not much. And I’m sure he wouldn’t have our attack looking as seamless as Potter.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder how much Ciraldo eoukd improve our d without a preseason yo work on it? My guess is not much. And I’m sure he wouldn’t have our attack looking as seamless as Potter.
Based on what?? As usual you have your blind agenda!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Potter has gotten us from terrible to ok by relaxing the structures and getting the players to work for each other and with each others skill sets. It was what was needed when he came in. It isn't going to be enough to get us going fantastic, however. He is doing a great job in the context, but he isn't the answer for getting back to the top where we belong.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have total faith in Gus.

I strongly suspect that it will be Ciraldo head with Potts assisting (if he’s keen on the job).

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Based on what?? As usual you have your blind agenda!
Based on logic. Name one coach who has walked into a team and completely reshaped its defence mid season without the benefit of a preseason and with numerous forced changes to his backline.

If you’re gonna come at me, at least come at me with an argument, Simple Simon.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Potter has gotten us from terrible to ok by relaxing the structures and getting the players to work for each other and with each others skill sets. It was what was needed when he came in. It isn't going to be enough to get us going fantastic, however. He is doing a great job in the context, but he isn't the answer for getting back to the top where we belong.
How could you possibly know what? And how could you possibly know that Ciraldo is?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How could you possibly know what? And how could you possibly know that Ciraldo is?
I don't know who the next coach is going to be. Potsy is doing great, don't get me wrong, but he isn't going to be more than the interim head coach.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Whoever can get Burton to kick the ball deep and into the corner can be head coach

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wonder how much Ciraldo would improve our d without a preseason to work on it? My guess is not much. And I’m sure he wouldn’t have our attack looking as seamless as Potter.
Ciraldo is going to be the coach bro, no point wishing it wasn’t the case …Mick is doing an admirable job as interim and if anything it exposes Baz even more

I hope Mick is in the mix for assistant but Ciraldo is the man long term

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ciraldo is going to be the coach bro, no point wishing it wasn’t the case …Mick is doing an admirable job as interim and if anything it exposes Baz even more

We dont know that yet. "Rumour" also said it would be announced days ago but it wasnt. I dont get people getting excited about another Panthers assistant after Baz. Im still for someone experienced like Flanagan, a premiership winning coach, or Potter (maybe assisted with some new signings in the defensive coaching dept, and/or fitneess trainers). Ciraldo for me is Baz 2

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

I agree he is going to be the coach, can’t agree he is the right man for the job. Wouldn’t be Gus’s first mistake when it comes to appointing coaches.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I don't know who the next coach is going to be. Potsy is doing great, don't get me wrong, but he isn't going to be more than the interim head coach.
I agree he won’t be in this instance, but I think it’s a real shame. If you’re not convinced Ciraldo is a done deal, why couldn’t it be potter?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree he won’t be in this instance, but I think it’s a real shame. If you’re not convinced Ciraldo is a done deal, why couldn’t it be potter?
I'm not taking a position on the new head coach except to say that it won't be Potter.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We dont know that yet. "Rumour" also said it would be announced days ago but it wasnt. I dont get people getting excited about another Panthers assistant after Baz. Im still for someone experienced like Flanagan, a premiership winning coach, or Potter (maybe assisted with some new signings in the defensive coaching dept, and/or fitneess trainers). Ciraldo for me is Baz 2
Cmon bro worst kept secret in Rugby League

Cleary basically conceded as much in his presser last night

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People saying no to ciraldo , you have no idea how he ll do as a head coach, neither do I, however hes massively wanted by clubs needing a coach and former dogs captain Jimmy Graham gave him a huge rap and said he ll be the next supercoach, I like mick potter and would certainly keep him as an assistant but just because mick is the first coach to make us look decent in years doesnt mean hes our saviour

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm not taking a position on the new head coach except to say that it won't be Potter.
Yeah, I get that. I’m just wondering your reasoning. If hypothetically the rumours are untrue and Ciraldo isn’t locked in, why wouldn’t, or shouldn’t he be an option?

I just don’t get why he’s not being given more serious consideration.