Opinion Nico at 1 ?

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If only we persisted with Meaney at the back til now..
If we hadn’t signed Allan,we surely would be seriously looking at Nico Hynes..
He has come out and said he wants a starting spot and will consider his options..
I suggested Hynes early last year..but everyone thought he was a guarantee to re-sign with Melbourne..
I think he is 2 steps up from Allan..
Would it make sense to possibly reshuffle a little?
Allan to centre
Cotric to wing
JAC to wing
Hynes at fullback
Shoupp or Avo at centre
Not sure what to do with DWZ ??
Cotric hasn’t done enough to cement a centre spot
Allan has already been moved for this round.
Meaney would become surplus to needs,but is off contract anyway.
What would Hynes command dollar wise?
Hooker is priority along with a prop or 2.
But with Meaney and Hoppa off contract..could that free up a little for Nico?
If JAC was to get a crack at fullback and become our rockstar,then Hynes isn’t necessary..
Thoughts Kennelers?

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Yes why not, he is better than any make shift first grade fullback we have at the moment, and he is young and stuck behind Pap and Munster

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's a nice player but I don't know if he's the answer. He doesn't have a best position and I could imagine him turning to shit at another club. We don't want another Corey Allan signing.. You need pace and an attacking threat from your fullback these days.

Laurie is the one who would have been perfect. A fullback like him would be ideal. Maybe Fox will have to play fullback for us after all..

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If only we persisted with Meaney at the back til now..
If we hadn’t signed Allan,we surely would be seriously looking at Nico Hynes..
He has come out and said he wants a starting spot and will consider his options..
I suggested Hynes early last year..but everyone thought he was a guarantee to re-sign with Melbourne..
I think he is 2 steps up from Allan..
Would it make sense to possibly reshuffle a little?
Allan to centre
Cotric to wing
JAC to wing
Hynes at fullback
Shoupp or Avo at centre
Not sure what to do with DWZ ??
Cotric hasn’t done enough to cement a centre spot
Allan has already been moved for this round.
Meaney would become surplus to needs,but is off contract anyway.
What would Hynes command dollar wise?
Hooker is priority along with a prop or 2.
But with Meaney and Hoppa off contract..could that free up a little for Nico?
If JAC was to get a crack at fullback and become our rockstar,then Hynes isn’t necessary..
Thoughts Kennelers?
Hynes, jac, Allen, naden, cotric or hynes, jac Allen, cotric Ferguson I’d be very happy with that, flanno and burton then a hooker

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sad indictment on the club..

Whatever the reasons and excuses we havent had a good fullback since
Barba & havent had a decent hooker since Ennis.. neither were adequately replaced..

Add to that many will say we havent even had decent halves for a long time..

So basically weve had a poor spine for ages.. any suprise our attack has sucked for many years?

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah we can't keep looking at players from these teams who are winners, you need to shine in crap to really be something special.
Don't want someone who's only good because their environment around them.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sad indictment on the club..

Whatever the reasons and excuses we havent had a good fullback since
Barba & havent had a decent hooker since Ennis.. neither were adequately replaced..

Add to that many will say we havent even had decent halves for a long time..

So basically weve had a poor spine for ages.. any suprise our attack has sucked for many years?
We did before with Daniel abou slieman and pat templeman but the dogs never gave them a chance

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Corey Allen is a good example of buyer beware.... the point here is, if the former team is super successful, the clubs consideration should be - did the player (a) drive the success (b) contribute to the success (c) benefit from the success (i.e. the key players around them and success of the team made them appear better than they are)...

Nico kind of falls into (c). B Smith on the other hand falls into a (b) bucket and guys like Papenhuyzen and Munster are no doubt driving success.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Couldn't give a fuck about fullback. We need forwards ready to rip in and rip someone's head off.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a nice player but I don't know if he's the answer. He doesn't have a best position and I could imagine him turning to shit at another club. We don't want another Corey Allan signing.. You need pace and an attacking threat from your fullback these days.

Laurie is the one who would have been perfect. A fullback like him would be ideal. Maybe Fox will have to play fullback for us after all..
How did Barrett fail to bring Laurie to us I wonder ?

Malla

Reaction score
Hynes is shit house

People are so over awed by players from Melbourne because their system is so good, 90% of their players are shit if you take them out. Hynes has been poor even in the Melb system, imagine how shit he would be if he left.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How did Barrett fail to bring Laurie to us I wonder ?
yeah its concerning that he looked passed him, who was right under his nose and went for Allan...

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah its concerning that he looked passed him, who was right under his nose and went for Allan...
Laurie wanted to out this year tho didnt he, theres no one they wouldve taken from us as a trade lol

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Avo at FB in the future and Hynes will go good in centre