Nick Politis and Ray Dib Vs David Smith and John Grant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is a Rumour that I posted in the NRL Rumour File but I think it deserves its own thread:

A Very Long Lunch

The movement for change at the top of the NRL will gain momentum today when the organisers take a group of powerful media figures out to a high-powered lunch. The group, headed by Roosters boss Nick Politis and his Bulldogs counterpart Ray Dib, know the importance of getting the media onside in their bid to topple David Smith and John Grant.
So they will wine and dine the group of journalists, putting their case for change. Stand by for more fun and games in the boardroom in coming weeks…

Nick Politis and Ray Dib Vs David Smith and John Grant if true what does this mean for the future of the NRL?

Thoughts!!!

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...mour-file---monday/1c291iujklaa61xjw8d0cpelns

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Interesting.

I think the Smith and Grant need to go. They have bumbled their way through.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The NRL is at its lowest ebb for many years. The reasons for this must be accredited to those at the top. Doesnt the buck stop there? I really cannot think of one thing
that John Grant has achieved except him accepting his inflated salary. Smith has clearly demonstrated that he is out of his depth. The joint needs a major workover
and needs it soon.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Here we go, I can see Super League happening all over again.

Every time the game picks itself back up, it take only a small few to push it back down again.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the light of last weeks article "Dave Smith and John Grant facing a rebellion over the direction of the NRL" I wouldn't be surprised if the rumour is indeed fact. I'm not even surprised that one of our own is connected to it tbh. We seem to be connected to everything else that goes on in the NRL.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hopefully Greenturd goes down with them

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh look ... another Lurker article most likely full of ShhhBLEEEPeeeet
I bet that Natboy feels the same way when he reads a Matt Srama article :grinning: Even a fool can be wrong 9 times out of 10 and still be right on that one occasion. What are you going to say IF the Lurker is right about this one?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I bet that Natboy feels the same way when he reads a Matt Srama article :grinning: Even a fool can be wrong 9 times out of 10 and still be right on that one occasion. What are you going to say IF the Lurker is right about this one?
Except the only time the Lurker IS right, is after its already being talked about after confirmation by other media sources.

D

DoggyStylz

i think this has been a big misunderstanding.... Politis and Dib were out having lunch and reminiscing over SBW stories
Politis: "Remember that time SBW took his shirt off....."

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are we sleeping with the enemy?

Seems to me Politis is seeking allies to undermine Souths

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
fix the refs is a massive start

fans are turned off by how inconsistent they are

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
fix the refs is a massive start

fans are turned off by how inconsistent they are
Being inconsistent is one thing, it can work either way but being blatantly bias turns fans off quicker than a cold shower in the middle of a European winter.

Last edited by a moderator:

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
its about time the clubs were once again involved in the running of the nrl.
dave smith john grant and even todd greenberg all do sweet **** all and contribute absolutely nothing, since they have been there costs have blown out massively, and fans cannot afford to go to the footy any more.
and with hiring all these offsiders with no football background and no experience in the sports industry, the place is a basket case its bleeding money in massive amounts on inflated salaries of no value, its hopeless getting a game schedule out, it cant get its integrity department in order, the broncos being let off is a prime example.....im not to smart, but the broncos being a listed club on the stock exchange means the police could have spoken to andrew gee at the request of the nrl integrity unit....but no, the referees were shit and all season they ****ed up, the video ref must be paid by drinking as many free schooners during a game as he possibly can, and some of their decisions were disgraceful and went untouched

the clubs are the ones suffering and its time they had some say in things again and i see what dibb and politis are doing is putting the nrl on notice that they to combined with the other clubs do hold some power and can themselves have some say

Status
Not open for further replies.