Nick Meaney

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hope he ends up at Storm as Hynes replacement to be 1st in line when Papenhuyzen is out... Then everyone would realise his true potential

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I would have thought his support play would have been better as a fb then what he's shown
We don't really make many line breaks to support tbh, also all of our forwards don't even really seem to run in numbers

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope he ends up at Storm as Hynes replacement to be 1st in line when Papenhuyzen is out... Then everyone would realise his true potential
Meaney will be good if and when he fills out... Just doesnt have the agility to skip through tackles so busting through is his only chance. He has everything else to be a winner though strength is a major downfall for the kid.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nudging 24 so i don't see him "filling out" now..maybe a better team would benefit him as KD said hasn't hurt Reimis and Nick has a better attitude than he did at the time.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Ive always liked Meaney and feel its a shame he wasnt playing for a winning club with winning staff to develop him.
Swapped from FB to wing and back again often when he clearly isnt a winger.
Hes often had ok games when the rest of the team has been garbage.
I was hoping he would see development under Baz, yet again positional changes.
Early days at FB for us he'd always get monstered, not so much any more.
Fairly safe as far as erors go and refreshing seeing him take that take without fear on the weekend not long after rib injuries.
Still, I cant remember him ever breaking a tackle or looking dangerous with the ball. He may be fast but he just doesnt have that aggression to go that extra mile that I believe he has.
I dont believe he is our fulltime FB moving forward at this stage and there really isnt any other position he is suited too.
Id like to see him retained to cover injuries etc. I feel he deserves that after the shit hes had to play and put up with in previous years when others get picked constantly for being plodder and i feel theres potential for improvement.
Well described.
I like this guy just a shame hes been dicked around and not left in his preferred position.
But like u said perfect to keep around the club for a fill in, anywhere in the backline.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He will kill it just like Kasiano did at the Storm ohh wait a minute

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He will kill it just like Kasiano did at the Storm ohh wait a minute
Comparing a bloke that was only good because he was fat and skillful that lost weight to a kid that's building, yes certainly

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like he's been here for 10 years already.. I think he's been alright without being spectacular.

I am however getting tired of seeing the same losers in the squad week in week out. I wouldn't resign anyone that's off contract if I'm being honest

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney could benefit from some sprint coaching by Roger Fabri, the sprint coach used by Damien Cook. Speed is good but what is really needed is acceleration. He needs to impr

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He needs to get some technique help with accelerating.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a perfect example of a player some bulldogs fans get excited about in recent years.

He can do a few things well but not a complete fullback but because we have so few good players some make him out to be better than he is.

If any other club saw potential in him he could have been signed from November last year.

His best bet would be to head to the super league where he'll probably do very well.
That's just Bullshit.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about Allan when he’s fit? I mean DWZ brings the ball back with intent. But I feel he can’t throw a pass.
I think we need to give Allan and extended role in centres now. I’d keep Schoupp in the other spot. Allan doesn’t seem quick enough or a hard enough runner for fullback, doesn’t threaten a chasing defensive line. I think he can ball play. We have him for a couple of years now, just let him get some games under his belt in a centre position. That said, I’m not his biggest fan.

Meaney I would only keep now on minimum wage for back up only as we need squad depth. If he gets a better offer elsewhere, see ya. He’s had enough oops to cement a starting position if he had it. Back up winger / fullback at best.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep I don’t understand the Meaney knockers on here.
115m per game. I’ve been impressed by his dummy half running this year, very handy yards.
5 line breaks (2nd highest for the club)
4 Try’s (2nd highest for the club)
90% tackling efficiency (1st out of our outside backs by a considerable margin)

Above all though he is absolutely safe as a bank with his hands. Just 3 errors for the season. In comparison - Cotric has made 12, Flanagan 13, Averillo 10, Allen and DWZ 7 a piece.

Meaney is as honest and dependable as they come. Will only get better as we bring in better players inside of him to distribute better ball
As halves, Averillo and Flanagan touch the ball 10x more often so can’t include their errors in the comparison to Meaney

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As halves, Averillo and Flanagan touch the ball 10x more often so can’t include their errors in the comparison to Meaney
Would you offer that same leniency towards Katoa then lol

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
They obviously touch it more often but 98% of their touches are regulation catches of passes on their chests. Wingers and fullbacks touches are far more complex. Defusing bombs, picking up grubbers, catching passes under pressure and at a higher tempo etc etc. Which is why I also provided comparisons with Cotric, DWZ etc so further illustrate how safe Meaney has been.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Nick wants to accept a minimum contract then he can stay. Probably be playing majority of the season in NSW cup so I wouldn't be wasting cash on someone outside the 17

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They obviously touch it more often but 98% of their touches are regulation catches of passes on their chests. Wingers and fullbacks touches are far more complex. Defusing bombs, picking up grubbers, catching passes under pressure and at a higher tempo etc etc. Which is why I also provided comparisons with Cotric, DWZ etc so further illustrate how safe Meaney has been.
Fair enough