Nick Meaney

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can't stand Fergo or Siva but compare them to Meaney for aggressive play and steam rolling their way to the tryline to score.

That's the type of guys our wingers match up against.

Nice guy Nick but honestly who can see him rising to that level.

Can't see him being re-signed unless there's a miracle and he finds a fend and can bump off the cover defence coming at him.

So many of our players do not have the complete game skills or all round physical or aggressive nature to go to the next level.

Meanwhile our opposition do.

I can't see any of the off contract guys being re-signed. Maybe Renouf if he gets his act together.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There’s not a harmful bone in Meaney’s body unfortunately.... evident yesterday when Averillo grubbered in a kick and Meaney didn’t dive to at least try and get a hand on among all the bodies, it came off his leg and Knights grounded it.
Time to move these guys on
Meaney, DWZ out and Okunbor and the Fox as wingers next year.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
he has speed but he doesnt have that expolsive speed out of the blocks to beat defenders, he's fast over a distance

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is his third year,and really has not shown any great improvement,ok under high ball,but really not much else

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Corey Thompson was given the same treatment on here because he was small....yet he would walk into this side tomorrow.
I reckon Meaney will come good this year as an elite winger. He is a late bloomer.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
He can be Canterbury cup fullback.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How many first grade games have the people calling him a coward played? He’s not the most skillful or steamrolling winger in the game but every game I’ve sat in the first row and watched him closely on the wing he doesn’t shy away from contact etc, he’s just one of the latest scapegoats

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many first grade games have the people calling him a coward played? He’s not the most skillful or steamrolling winger in the game but every game I’ve sat in the first row and watched him closely on the wing he doesn’t shy away from contact etc, he’s just one of the latest scapegoats
He’s very weak in contact, you must have missed this when “watching him closely”.
This is a gladiatorial game and he does not fit the bill at the nrl level.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Can't stand Fergo or Siva but compare them to Meaney for aggressive play and steam rolling their way to the tryline to score.

That's the type of guys our wingers match up against.

Nice guy Nick but honestly who can see him rising to that level.

Can't see him being re-signed unless there's a miracle and he finds a fend and can bump off the cover defence coming at him.

So many of our players do not have the complete game skills or all round physical or aggressive nature to go to the next level.

Meanwhile our opposition do.

I can't see any of the off contract guys being re-signed. Maybe Renouf if he gets his act together.
fergo couldn’t score a try last year lol, it’s about structuring the attack to take advantage of the players you pick, otherwise don’t pick em.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't question his effort or heart. And he doesn't make many handling errors. But I also think he's had ample opportunity, hasn't improved or shown he's physically suited to being an NRL winger.

DWZ put his body on the line but his errors on our own line which lead to tries are unacceptable. Unfortunately we don't have FG standard wingers to take either one's place no matter how much Meaney or DWZ are struggling.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Corey Thompson was given the same treatment on here because he was small....yet he would walk into this side tomorrow.
I reckon Meaney will come good this year as an elite winger. He is a late bloomer.
Thompson is actually elusive, Meaney is not. Meaney isn't getting offered a contract by us.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's pretty clear his best spot is fullback.

He kinda got dudded by Pay but on the other hand he didn't grasp his few chances.

It's hard to see him build the type of aggression and physical presence that is needed to become an elite winger.

A wonderful role model for the club tho and I hope this year he can rise to the occasion.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Na, always like Corey, I rated him.

PS 1000% he walks in to our side.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You need impact from your wingers and most act like an additional forward. At the very least, Meaney could be using his speed out of dummy half getting us out of our red zone but he rarely gets in there.. if he had a Brett Morris mentality, he might add a bit more value. He’s a NSW Cup caliber player unfortunately but hey, he made the NRL which is a hell of a lot more than what most of us achieved in the sporting arena so credit where credits due.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Na, always like Corey, I rated him.

PS 1000% he walks in to our side.
Corey is so underrated. He's one of my favourite players. He's a little pinball who always plays well above his weight and height and is all heart.. If Meaney was as effective as Thompson was for us and still is, then he wouldn't cop anywhere near the criticism he does.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The only reason cotric drops back to wing is for kick returns since meaney is hopeless at that