Nick Meaney - 2018 Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. You don't put a player in to fail. I mean i know the Knights have won 5 out of the past 7 premierships and so missing out this year is no big deal in terms of Brown's career......I can see why he would just throw some plonker in. I mean who cares, right.....
Some plonker? yea right!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ahem.

The Bulldogs have promised young Newcastle playmaker Jack Cogger the starting halfback position as part of their pitch to lure him to Belmore next season.
“Jack has fielded some interest from a number of clubs, Canterbury being the more prominent one,” Newcastle coach Nathan Brown said.
“From what I hear they are offering first opportunity as a starting halfback position.

Despite the signing of Pearce, the Knights had been hoping to retain Cogger but in the end, didn’t make a formal offer.
“They would have only been prepared to offer a new deal for one year and it would still only have been as a back-up halfback,” Newton said.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ahem.

The Bulldogs have promised young Newcastle playmaker Jack Cogger the starting halfback position as part of their pitch to lure him to Belmore next season.
“Jack has fielded some interest from a number of clubs, Canterbury being the more prominent one,” Newcastle coach Nathan Brown said.
“From what I hear they are offering first opportunity as a starting halfback position.

Despite the signing of Pearce, the Knights had been hoping to retain Cogger but in the end, didn’t make a formal offer.
“They would have only been prepared to offer a new deal for one year and it would still only have been as a back-up halfback,” Newton said.
Do you just pick and choose what you want to believe? I know all you do is sit at home reading articles so I know you have read the more recent article where cogger says (himself rather than someone else who thinks he has heard) he hasn’t been promised anything

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you just pick and choose what you want to believe? I know all you do is sit at home reading articles so I know you have read the more recent article where cogger says (himself rather than someone else who thinks he has heard) he hasn’t been promised anything
Exactly... just goes to show how little he knows about what’s going on

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
But here’s why I made the decision to join Canterbury.
The Bulldogs offered me the chance to be a starting halfback.

You guys do realise you are arguing against me on the very point I am making.

and in 12 hours time I'll be shutting up others in this thread as well.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But here’s why I made the decision to join Canterbury.
The Bulldogs offered me the chance to be a starting halfback.

You guys do realise you are arguing against me on the very point I am making.

and in 12 hours time I'll be shutting up others in this thread as well.
The point you are trying to make is that Meaney and Cogger were promised starting spots in first grade, and as you can see above he has been offered a chance..... no promises..........

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The bottom line is our club got more desperate than a teenage girl 2 days before prom night without a date.
Speaking of desperate teenage girls before prom night, your comments make you sound like a teenage boy about to have his first root and blowing his load before anything happens.

Why don't you wait and see how this kid goes first before you start ripping into him. He might surprise, he might not but he's about to make his FG debut and deserves the right to be judged on his performance.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Meaney, we got a young guy with promise, pretty cheap. There's rarely guarantees with young players but some good judges say he can play and will be good.

As for promises of FG, Nikorima had one of those before he was dropped, Valentine Holmes was promised fullback before he was moved to winger etc etc. Words said this year don't mean shit no matter how you interpret them. Effort and performance at training and form on the field will decide who plays FG next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
In Meaney, we got a young guy with promise, pretty cheap. There's rarely guarantees with young players but some good judges say he can play and will be good.

As for promises of FG, Nikorima had one of those before he was dropped, Valentine Holmes was promised fullback before he was moved to winger etc etc. Words said this year don't mean shit no matter how you interpret them. Effort and performance at training and form on the field will decide who plays FG next year.
People keep saying we got him "cheap" yet there has been nothing reported that actually supports that. His deal has even been reported as "lucrative" and that our offer was far superior than the Knights.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Cogger is fucking shit anyway
OMFG @bcmf how do you know... he could be a revelation for us in the halves... he's better than Thurston and Cronk and you talk shit about him... how dare you... Cogger is the next immortal and will play more internationals than both Johns brothers combined.

Along with Meaney they will form a potent combination that will result in 458,000 tries a season.

Speaking of desperate teenage girls before prom night, your comments make you sound like a teenage boy about to have his first root and blowing his load before anything happens.

Why don't you wait and see how this kid goes first before you start ripping into him. He might surprise, he might not but he's about to make his FG debut and deserves the right to be judged on his performance.
You can't reuse my analogy, it doesn't work for your reply. Because in said analogy I've already had sex (watched him play) many many times before hand and have the stamina (many match highlights) to back up my comments.

I've seen Nick play, mostly 2017 and 2018 seasons. I know people at the Knights in high places and I'll say it once again for the dummies.

At this stage in his career he's nothing more than Patrick Templeman/Brent Crisp/Brett Lane was for us (all hype no action). A player with a little bit of potential, who can't defend, doesn't get involved enough at the back, and whose greatest asset is his speed.

Knights are focussed on Cooper in Flegg, who is one to keep an eye out for in the future.

NOTE: I'm not expecting a Kurt Mann style capitulation at fullback, but if Parra have done their homework (and are up for playing tonight) they can most definitely exploit him at the back.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger is fucking shit anyway
Man i hope your exaggerating. We need a little luck. Be interesting to see how meaney goes tonight. Not expecting much hes very raw and got some filling out to do but i would like to see courage and some footy brain in him.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ok, I’m going to watch Knights v Eels just to see him play tonight

Better be worth it

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
People keep saying we got him "cheap" yet there has been nothing reported that actually supports that. His deal has even been reported as "lucrative" and that our offer was far superior than the Knights.
But you don't actually know what the Knights offered Meaney do you?
It could've been fuck all and therefore not hard to offer a more lucrative or superior deal, especially with Ponga already there.

Last edited:

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah Ian Roberts came out, think he even posed for a gay magazine. Marty Bella was always rumoured to be but who knows….or cares for that matter.
God help me if Marty Bella posed for a nude magazine...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok that’s one game down for a bit of entertainment haha

Now 2 watch the knights v eels and see what young Meaney can do in the 1 and how good he “may be” this will be like a bulldogs game discussion throughout given he is ours next year.

I Wish Meaney all the best. Hope he ticks all the boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.