Nick Meaney - 2018 Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club has shown some interest in Anthony Don from the Titans.
2 yrs too late. He was on peanuts a few years ago and now its just overs for an oldie.. NEXT!

Cant believe we didn't grab Mcdonald when the titans offload them. Mcgregor knows his players.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Roosters will sign Don as they have a massive shortage in the backs with only about 10 signed.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
*Just a bit of Meaney fluff from Nathan Brown.

Brown praises Bulldogs recruit

Author
bulldogs.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 24 Jul 2018, 09:58 AM

Newcastle Knights coach Nathan Brown has praised the performances of rookie fullback Nick Meaney who will join the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs next season on a three-year deal.

The 21-year old made his NRL debut two weeks ago against the Parramatta Eels due to Kalyn Ponga being sidelined with an injury, but it was his performance against the Gold Titans in round 19 that impressed Brown.

"He actually made a difference. That shows the confidence from game one to game two and I would expect if he played next week, he would play better again. If Kalyn is fit, Nick probably won't find himself at fullback for obvious reasons, but if that is his last game, I'm sure if Canterbury and Dean Pay would have been watching, they would have been rather impressed," said Brown.

Meaney is in his third season at Newcastle and over the past three seasons has spent plenty of time working on his game alongside former Canterbury premiership player and Knights assistant coach, Michael Potter.

"He has done a lot of work with Mick Potter who teaches the outside backs as good as anyone. His positional play, his defensive part of the game for a young fullback is very, very good. We had a lot of confidence in Nick, but we're losing a good player because we've got a better one, which is when you want to lose them," added Brown.

The Ballina Seagulls junior represented the NSW Under-20 side last season, as well as being a member of the Intrust Super NSW Residents squad.

He is a young player with a bright future and has the ability to play either wing or centre, but fullback is his position.

"Fullback was his dream position and it's not going to happen at this club in the shorter part of your career then Canterbury was certainly a good option for him," Brown said.

Meaney will join Newcastle team-mate Jack Cogger at the Bulldogs next season, having built a strong relationship with him during their time together at the Knights.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
*Just a bit of Meaney fluff from Nathan Brown.

Brown praises Bulldogs recruit

Author
bulldogs.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 24 Jul 2018, 09:58 AM

Newcastle Knights coach Nathan Brown has praised the performances of rookie fullback Nick Meaney who will join the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs next season on a three-year deal.

The 21-year old made his NRL debut two weeks ago against the Parramatta Eels due to Kalyn Ponga being sidelined with an injury, but it was his performance against the Gold Titans in round 19 that impressed Brown.

"He actually made a difference. That shows the confidence from game one to game two and I would expect if he played next week, he would play better again. If Kalyn is fit, Nick probably won't find himself at fullback for obvious reasons, but if that is his last game, I'm sure if Canterbury and Dean Pay would have been watching, they would have been rather impressed," said Brown.

Meaney is in his third season at Newcastle and over the past three seasons has spent plenty of time working on his game alongside former Canterbury premiership player and Knights assistant coach, Michael Potter.

"He has done a lot of work with Mick Potter who teaches the outside backs as good as anyone. His positional play, his defensive part of the game for a young fullback is very, very good. We had a lot of confidence in Nick, but we're losing a good player because we've got a better one, which is when you want to lose them," added Brown.

The Ballina Seagulls junior represented the NSW Under-20 side last season, as well as being a member of the Intrust Super NSW Residents squad.

He is a young player with a bright future and has the ability to play either wing or centre, but fullback is his position.

"Fullback was his dream position and it's not going to happen at this club in the shorter part of your career then Canterbury was certainly a good option for him," Brown said.

Meaney will join Newcastle team-mate Jack Cogger at the Bulldogs next season, having built a strong relationship with him during their time together at the Knights.
Thx for this.

May be the club should look at someone like potter as an assistant coach. On paper should be able to bring more to the table than what we currently have. Has first grade experience a coach. Has knowledge about dogs culture if anyone think thats important.
And is the coach of the fijian national team!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thx for this.

May be the club should look at someone like potter as an assistant coach. On paper should be able to bring more to the table than what we currently have. Has first grade experience a coach. Has knowledge about dogs culture if anyone think thats important.
And is the coach of the fijian national team!
Either as an assistant coach or at least coach of the ISP. Replace the impostor we have there.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Either as an assistant coach or at least coach of the ISP. Replace the impostor we have there.
Disgraceful, Georgallis is doing a very good job.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Disgraceful, Georgallis is doing a very good job.
Hes doing a very good job...I cant think of one player who has improved under his tenure.
He should buy a handbook on tackling as he doesnt seem to understand what it is.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hes doing a very good job...I cant think of one player who has improved under his tenure.
He should buy a handbook on tackling as he doesnt seem to understand what it is.
He's done a great job, don't throw Pay's failures on him.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's done a great job, don't throw Pay's failures on him.
I dont see where Pay has failed. He has taken on a tough gig and has handled it OK. What part of the ISP has Georgallis been good at?
What player has he improved? I include Penna and Antonelli in the list of failures as well.
I would love Michael Potter back at the dogs.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldnt the fact that we have players like martin, lewis, smith, toomaga playing in the nrl an evidence of georgallis has done a good job developing them? And some of them have handled the promotion quite well too imo

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I dont see where Pay has failed. He has taken on a tough gig and has handled it OK. What part of the ISP has Georgallis been good at?
What player has he improved? I include Penna and Antonelli in the list of failures as well.
I would love Michael Potter back at the dogs.
More garbage. Georgallis has done a great job since taking over and a lot of our players that have come through have transitioned well. His work last season with the side was extremely impressive with what he had to work with. Pay is far more at fault with current issues than him.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Easy Tiger
Don't call me Tiger!!;) no offence intended..... we do not need tooooooo many Kiwi's in our side to be honest, a gentle sprinkling is always good BUT! not too many especially in the half's!!
Just like you would not want on over load of Aussies in the Warriors side TBH however, if there is? then it would be at least the opposite ....... they need at least one in the half's as they do right now!! similar to when Maloney was there.8-) or otherwise they will never win anything IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.