Official Nick Cotric signs three year deal with the Bulldogs

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s the same story as last week just re-cut to appear current. League journalists are diabolically poor

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
still don't see how signing on for 5 years at 500k is good.
Because he isn't, he's really signing on for 3 years @ 500k per season as he becomes a free agent after the 3rd year. If he plays like shit then he activates the final 2 years and banks an easy mill

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because he isn't, he's really signing on for 3 years @ 500k per season as he becomes a free agent after the 3rd year. If he plays like shit then he activates the final 2 years and banks an easy mill
Still sounds shit to me. So its only good if he plays shit?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I'm a young NSW and Aussie rep, I back myself and cash in the extra 300k now. Then re up.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We really need to land cotric. Along with a bunch of other quality players fast ffs.

Burton
Cotric
Friend/mcinnnes/b Smith
Addo carr
Molo

Ffs

That’s if we don’t lose chn.

What happened to the fisher Harris story

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will not sign for us no one will we are a mess.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Or gets injured, younger players outperform him, etc.
Well still sounds shit other than the injury factor.

Even if he is getting outplayed or shit in three years time he'll be 24-25. He'd have to be playing so bad he would get less than 350k a year for him to get less than the Raiders 5 year with option deal.

If he was 25 to 26 NOW, then yeah allgood. But that five year option deal is shite.

He should be in his absolute prime in two to three years.

The best and only reason to turn down our extra 300k is because we a crap lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well still sounds shit other than the injury factor.

Even if he is getting outplayed or shit in three years time he'll be 24-25. He'd have to be playing so bad he would get less than 350k a year for him to get less than the Raiders 5 year with option deal.

If he was 25 to 26 NOW, then yeah allgood. But that five year option deal is shite.

He should be in his absolute prime in two to three years.

The best and only reason to turn down our extra 300k is because we a crap lol.
Exactly, we're crap. We're the only competition for his signature so it's not as if the Raiders need to pull out 100s of thousands extra to retain him.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly, we're crap. We're the only competition for his signature so it's not as if the Raiders need to pull out 100s of thousands extra to retain him.
Tbh, I dont think they're the perennial top team they are being made out to be. Still a few light years away from us though.

Whats the very top dollar you'd be happy with us offering?

Stargate44

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmmm Wingers to Centre, Centres to Wingers...Aren't we doing that now??? What success have we had??? Oh right!! Of course silly me....... Barrent with his 39% winning success will do it.........

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tbh, I dont think they're the perennial top team they are being made out to be. Still a few light years away from us though.

Whats the very top dollar you'd be happy with us offering?
600k is pretty much absolute max and bordering on silly money. He has the explosive running game we need from a centre but still has a fair bit of unknowns, massive risk on our part but unfortunately we're at the point where we need to take risks.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
That article is all over the shop. As someone mentioned it’s just a rehashed article from last week.
If we’ve upped it to $650k over 3, which I think is what it’s meant to read, then so be it but that’s absolutely top dollar and more than he’s worth.
Would love him here but.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know if an extra 100k a season will get him here. Especially here at the moment.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s the same story as last week just re-cut to appear current. League journalists are diabolically poor
Like I said in another threat, sports journalism is dead.

Now there is just agendas.