News Nick cotric

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
One thing I will add and it's something that shits me with Pay... We have Alomati and Schoupp coming through. Sign Cotric and we will eventually lose one of them... Id say that would be Schoupp and the kid looks pretty good, would be be better off just putting our faith in him ? Would know if we fucking played him Dean
I agree with your point mate but the issue is these young talented kids will be coming into a team that lacks experience and may not reach their peak. Even if we put Cotric in the centre’s next year with Averillo (should be at 6 in my opinion) Schoup could be one injury away from a start. Alomoti is 2022 at best I think.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about fixing the spine first. We already have over paid outside backs now people want another one lol.
Well get rid of the overpaid outside backs who are not performing. Sick of hearing we don't need quality players like JAC and Fifita.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Disagree we need JAC. He is a proven try scorer. Get players like Cotric and a decent halfback around him and he will be great. And I think he may also may our solution to out fullback problem.
I'm sorry but you're off your fucking head lol. We have a reported 3m and you want to piss away an estimated 1.2m of it on a centre and winger (who you think can play fullback lol), still recruit a halfback and i guess you want a hooker? Are you also on the Bateman train? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm OK with paying overs for Cotric because that's really the position we find ourselves in. We really don't have the luxury of paying any sort of 'reasonable' rate for talent we desperately need. The bottom line is the club no longer has a standing in the game where players will come to play for a specific coach, to play regular finals football or for a specific culture we've created. So we need to identify positions we're severely lacking in (centre and hooker are the most critical imo), identify the right talent and put forward an offer they cant refuse. That's it.

I'm still disappointed we missed out on Korosiau as our next hooker becuase he's exactly the type of player we need and is killing it at the Panthers now. I'm not privy to those negotiations and I know Cleary got in his ear but I just wonder if we went all in on him rather than sign players like Stimson and Britt maybe the result would've been different.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Schoupp is 19? Not sure where the fuck he is ATM. Maybe he's injured or just miles off the pace? Did look like a fucking unit and was mostly playing left centre in the highlights I saw, so I mean both he and Cotric could fit into the team at some point on opposite sides.
Yeah he looked very fit and his highlights were great just strength and pure effort player so yeah not sure why he hasn't played yet given our circumstance

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we are pretending to do any sort of re-build, it’s a no brainer, pay him what he wants and get it done. $700k ish is fair given our plight. The guy is 21, a representative outside back, there is a lot of value in him to our club.

As for up and coming players, maybe we keep them or they go, but you can’t just ‘wait’ for them to come through. A good club has the production line and that’s just how it is. What you can’t do, is exactly what we’ve done in last 3 years and let it bleed out, bank on juniors. The squad needs constant rejuvenation built around a core group. Many bigger AFL clubs have failed for lengthy periods relying on draft picks, it’s false economy as not all the brilliant kids actually make it, League is no different.

Get Bateman and Cotric FFS, please !

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry but you're off your fucking head lol. We have a reported 3m and you want to piss away an estimated 1.2m of it on a centre and winger (who you think can play fullback lol), still recruit a halfback and i guess you want a hooker? Are you also on the Bateman train? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Please tell me then how the hec can the storm afford to have players like JAC in their squad and still have money for elite players on their squad? Who do we have in our backline that is on big money? If we only have 3 mill to spend then the club is paying overs on reserve grade players....our backs must be the worst in the comp

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we can get Cotric and we have to pay overs, so be it. Is he better than what we currently have at centre?....absolutely. We need to be continually strengthening our team in all positions whenever and wherever we can. If we were to sign Cotric we should try to move on a couple of contracted players eg Meaney, Crichton or Holland. Other clubs seem to strengthen their rosters by doing that. The only time we let players go mid contract was through necessity in getting our salary cap under control, not to strengthen our team.

For example if we paid $700k for Cotric and we released Meaney, Crichton and Holland, then promoted Schoupp and already have Tass in the top 30, we have strengthened a position and pretty much balanced out the cost of upgrading to Cotric. Are we going to win a comp with Meaney, Crichton or Holland....probably not. Would we win a comp with Cotric....absolutely.

I just feel we need to be a bit more flexible and proactive when it comes to upgrading and shuffling players in and out to strengthen our team. Unfortunately the players you want don't always coincide with a player in that position coming off contract.

Same with our halves. For me I would be targetting Jackson Hastings and Matt Burton and looking to move on Lewis and Cogger with a question mark over Foran but only signing him on a drastically reduced contract if he can get through this season uninjured. Again I think Hastings and Burton would be a massive upgrade on Lewis and Cogger and we still have Wakeham and possibly Foran in the mix.

And just for the record I do think hooker is our number one position we need to fix but seems to be the hardest one to fix due to who is available. I'm just saying that we can't miss opportunities to strengthen other positions when and where we can.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Cotric owned a Bulldogs beanie. It's offical he will be in the blue and white soon

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Please tell me then how the hec can the storm afford to have players like JAC in their squad and still have money for elite players on their squad? Who do we have in our backline that is on big money? If we only have 3 mill to spend then the club is paying overs on reserve grade players....our backs must be the worst in the comp
Because they're not paying them big money, that's why they've let Vunivalu leave and won't stand in JAC way. Look at their current centres, Momo on loan, seve, Brenko Lee, Olam etc...hardly out and out superstars. Cronk left and they didn't replace him, croft released, Tino going, etc.

Players improve at the Storm, play as a well drilled unit and go above and beyond, simple as that. There's a long history of "superstars" at the storm performing well below their best once they leave the club.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because they're not paying them big money, that's why they've let Vunivalu leave and won't stand in JAC way. Look at their current centres, Momo on loan, seve, Brenko Lee, Olam etc...hardly out and out superstars. Cronk left and they didn't replace him, croft released, Tino going, etc.

Players improve at the Storm, play as a well drilled unit and go above and beyond, simple as that. There's a long history of "superstars" at the storm performing well below their best once they leave the club.[/QUOTAnd that's precisely why we need an elite coach like Bellamy or Bennett so we can attract marquee players and build other players around them without paying overs! We have been paying overs on reserve grade players for too long! We need to get rid of players like Nappa and even Foran who has not offered value for money. I'm sure we over spent on Jackson too.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we can get Cotric and we have to pay overs, so be it. Is he better than what we currently have at centre?....absolutely. We need to be continually strengthening our team in all positions whenever and wherever we can. If we were to sign Cotric we should try to move on a couple of contracted players eg Meaney, Crichton or Holland. Other clubs seem to strengthen their rosters by doing that. The only time we let players go mid contract was through necessity in getting our salary cap under control, not to strengthen our team.

For example if we paid $700k for Cotric and we released Meaney, Crichton and Holland, then promoted Schoupp and already have Tass in the top 30, we have strengthened a position and pretty much balanced out the cost of upgrading to Cotric. Are we going to win a comp with Meaney, Crichton or Holland....probably not. Would we win a comp with Cotric....absolutely.

I just feel we need to be a bit more flexible and proactive when it comes to upgrading and shuffling players in and out to strengthen our team. Unfortunately the players you want don't always coincide with a player in that position coming off contract.

Same with our halves. For me I would be targetting Jackson Hastings and Matt Burton and looking to move on Lewis and Cogger with a question mark over Foran but only signing him on a drastically reduced contract if he can get through this season uninjured. Again I think Hastings and Burton would be a massive upgrade on Lewis and Cogger and we still have Wakeham and possibly Foran in the mix.

And just for the record I do think hooker is our number one position we need to fix but seems to be the hardest one to fix due to who is available. I'm just saying that we can't miss opportunities to strengthen other positions when and where we can.
Hollands last year contracted anyways. The other two are depth options and aren't on a lot, close to minimum wage.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wingers are not worth the money.

The game has evolved. Any athlete can catch a ball and make metres to get a set started. Any athlete can catch a ball and put it over the try line. You dont need to invest big in wingers.

Smith and DWZ are fine for us as wingers. We needs centres
Smith has done himself no favours this season in cementing a place in our backline long term. He has been beyond terrible. Back on the wing so hopefully that sparks him and he’s never seen in the centres again. Otherwise we should absolutely be looking at a strong, try scoring winger to take that spot

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cotric is worth 500K max. I would prefer him over JAC. Hope we don’t pay overs if he signs with us.

However, the lure of living in Sydney might be an incentive for him. He gets first choice at centre. I don’t see him dislodging Croker or Scott. However, his team is on the up and may be comfortable staying where he is.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cotric would definitely be a good buy.!!

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Sign or dont sign him just PLEASE dont drag this shit out for 6 months