Opinion Nick Cotric vs Greatest Canterbury Centers.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As much as I did like Norton if you want to talk classic locks for the dogs who can go past Jason smith or jim dymock!!
Fricken legends not only of the bulldogs but rugby league in general.
Agree with those 2 as well. We were blessed to have these guys play in the lock position as they added so much to the attack.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jumping the gun a bit. Cotric hasn't played a game for us yet and comes to us as a winger. I'll reserve my judgement until I have 1. seen him play centre and 2. have seen him play for us.
Agreed mate. And we’ve invested / paid overs for quite a few duds in the last 5 years.

Focus on building a winning team.
A team that plays for eachother.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wouldn’t compare him just yet he hasn’t even played a trial game let alone a regular season game for us yet

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lmao at the thread title
whats next?
Hetherington vs the great bulldog enforcers?
Kyle Flanagan vs El Masri and Halligan?
If it keeps you busy Caps then go for it... ;)

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tonga’s performance against the Roosters in 2004 was one of the best games I have seen from a centre in all my time watching footy. He gave Hodges a total bath.
Yeah that was brilliant!! Always have & always will hate that big mouthed gob shite Hodges...irrespective of what Jersey he wore!!

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gees we’ve had some great centers at the dogs.
heres a list the greats that I remember with some a bit lesser and I’m hoping Nick can Mark himself somewhere near the top of this list in time. I think he will.
It’s all discussion and personal opinion, but let’s reminisce some of these great centers and your memories of some of the great things some of these individuals had done for our great Bulldogs club.
And who was your favourite.

My list of the greats I remember, for one reason or another.

Chriss Mortimer
Andrew Farrah
Tony Currie
Darren Smith
Matt Ryan
Jarrod McCracken
Steven Hughes
John Timu
Shane Marteene
Willie Talau
Nigel Vagana
Jamahl Lolesi
Willie Tonga
Reni Maitua
Josh Morris
Jamal Idris
Krisnan Inu
Bulldogs fan here: I’m sure scott Wilson played centres for one game..... he shits over all

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gees we’ve had some great centers at the dogs.
heres a list the greats that I remember with some a bit lesser and I’m hoping Nick can Mark himself somewhere near the top of this list in time. I think he will.
It’s all discussion and personal opinion, but let’s reminisce some of these great centers and your memories of some of the great things some of these individuals had done for our great Bulldogs club.
And who was your favourite.

My list of the greats I remember, for one reason or another.

Chris Mortimer
Andrew Farrah
Tony Currie
Darren Smith
Matt Ryan
Jarrod McCracken
Steven Hughes
John Timu
Shane Marteene
Willie Talau
Nigel Vagana
Jamaal Lolesi
Willie Tonga
Reni Maitua
Josh Morris
Jamal Idris
Krisnan Inu
Bernie Lowther, Terry Murphy, Stan Cutler, Greg Brentnall, Mark Hughes, Eric Hughes, Don Moseley, Peter Mortimer, Neil Baker, Michael Hagan, David Burnes, Phil Sigsworth, Matthew Callinan.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My favourite centre pairing was Vagana and Talau. Vagana was bloody quick with great footwork and support play. Talau was bloody tough both in attack and defence. Loved watching Vagana beat opponents with his speed and footwork. Talau was equally as devastating with his "get outta my way" runs. He'd steamroll opponents pretty regularly. Pretty sure Vagana scored 4 tries and had one disallowed in one match.

Tonga was good too. Pity he didn't stick around for longer.

He covered centre when injury struck a few times.
After Tonga did his knee in that dreaded 2005 season, his career was finished. He lost a lot of speed after that injury.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When did mick mullane play for us sort of remember him during the waz years pretty sure he was a center
Greg Mullane played for us twice. 77-78 & 84-86. Nearly cost us the GF in 1984 when he gave away a late penalty which would have levelled the scores but Cronin missed.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Andrew Farrar, Tony Currie, Josh Morris, Nigel Vagana, Willie Talau and Tonga were my faves.

But, if Jamal Idris didn’t have the same disease Fatrell has (lazyfuckdickheaditis) and trained hard he could have been one of the best ever, not just at the dogs.