Opinion Nick Cotric vs Greatest Canterbury Centers.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gees we’ve had some great centers at the dogs.
heres a list the greats that I remember with some a bit lesser and I’m hoping Nick can Mark himself somewhere near the top of this list in time. I think he will.
It’s all discussion and personal opinion, but let’s reminisce some of these great centers and your memories of some of the great things some of these individuals had done for our great Bulldogs club.
And who was your favourite.

My list of the greats I remember, for one reason or another.

Chriss Mortimer
Andrew Farrah
Tony Currie
Darren Smith
Matt Ryan
Jarrod McCracken
Steven Hughes
John Timu
Shane Marteene
Willie Talau
Nigel Vagana
Jamahl Lolesi
Willie Tonga
Reni Maitua
Josh Morris
Jamal Idris
Krisnan Inu

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dunno about Marteene being put on that list he was a honest player but he was a level below the rest of those there.

Steven Hughes could have been anything if it wasn’t for injuries. He was head and shoulders above his brothers with natural talent.

Last edited:

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Idris, Mccracken, Inu and Vagana were my favourite Doggies centres

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn't have the privilege to watch any of the centers of 80s or early 90s but imo nobody comes close to Willie Tonga in his prime when it comes to attack. Guy could beat his opposite with ease and set up his winger.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Instead of negative replies, which wasn’t the theme of this, how about some positive memories of who you loved wearing the 3 or 4 for the doggies.
My list is just a reminder to y’all of who wore those numbers to get the memory started.
not all of them were greats but some of the lesser did some great things.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn't have the privilege to watch any of the centers of 80s or early 90s but imo nobody comes close to Willie Tonga in his prime when it comes to attack. Guy could beat his opposite with ease and set up his winger.
Agreed Tonga in his prime is my favourite attacking centre we've had. I was too young to watch the 90s players

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gees we’ve had some great centers at the dogs.
heres a list the greats that I remember with some a bit lesser and I’m hoping Nick can Mark himself somewhere near the top of this list in time. I think he will.
It’s all discussion and personal opinion, but let’s reminisce some of these great centers and your memories of some of the great things some of these individuals had done for our great Bulldogs club.
And who was your favourite.

My list of the greats I remember, for one reason or another.

Chriss Mortimer
Andrew Farrah
Tony Currie
Darren Smith
Matt Ryan
Jarrod McCracken
Steven Hughes
John Timu
Shane Marteene
Willie Talau
Nigel Vagana
Jamahl Lolesi