Official Nick Cotric signs three year deal with the Bulldogs

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Averillo goes great at centre. Playing Avo and Cotric in the centres solves a lot of our backline issues.
He is a 6 or 1 and should be playing there unless we have somebody better for both positions.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d rather fuck off R. Smith all together. His attitude stinks and he has that stupid sour face all the time. I know Meaney is not exactly a gun but has a way better attitude and to be frank is a much better player this year and last.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He is a 6 or 1 and should be playing there unless we have somebody better for both positions.
Hopoate's a better fullback and Foran's a better five-eighth. Foran's isn't a halfback, Averillo isn't a halfback. That's why I don't think we'll see that combination. I think Averillo can be our future fullback or five-eighth, I wouldn't say so right now tho (in regards to playing fullback or five-eighth now).

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s big coin for a winger. He has to play fullback or centre. Now focus on getting halves, a backrower, a frontrower & number 9
He has been guaranteed centre, presumably left centre as that is the side of the field he plays on. That fixes up a major issue we currently have, assuming he smashes it.

If CHN decides to stay, that sorts out backrower, for now.

With Thompson in the ranks our current front rowers will go better with a decent #9 getting them on the front foot. So for mine the next thing is a decent #9. How is Friend doing these days?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like Schoupp aswell left centre predominantly, but he had a post on his insta saying to his mate he was a "flying winger" lol hopefully that's not the case
I see him developing as an awesome running back rower, but would not look out of place in the centres with Cotric if ready.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Averillo
2. Smith/Okunbor
3. Cotric
4. Hoppa
5. Dwz
6. Hastings
7. Foran
8. Thompson
9. Brandon Smith/Cameron Smith..:yum:
10. Alex Walmsley
11. Jackson
12. Chn
13. Elliott

14. Meaney
15. Rfm
16. Renouf
17. Napa

Alex Walmsley $800K, Hastings $550k, Brandon Smith $700K...
If Barrett is the new coach then that'll rule out Hastings.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Averillo
2. Smith/Okunbor
3. Cotric
4. Hoppa
5. Dwz
6. Hastings
7. Foran
8. Thompson
9. Brandon Smith/Cameron Smith..:yum:
10. Alex Walmsley
11. Jackson
12. Chn
13. Elliott

14. Meaney
15. Rfm
16. Renouf
17. Napa

Alex Walmsley $800K, Hastings $550k, Brandon Smith $700K...
Nice team but you forgot to include the coach.
Barrett I assume is your pick:blush:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopoate's a better fullback and Foran's a better five-eighth. Foran's isn't a halfback, Averillo isn't a halfback. That's why I don't think we'll see that combination. I think Averillo can be our future fullback or five-eighth, I wouldn't say so right now tho (in regards to playing fullback or five-eighth now).
Yes, at this very moment if Foran and Hopa are fit then they play 1 and 6, although 6 and 7 are very similar these days in role, depending on who is the dominant kicker. Hopa has a great pass and understanding of fullback, but both he and Foz lack something Averillo has, speed to burn..

With our squad Hop probably has to play 1 at the moment but Foran can easily play 7 and give Avo a run at 6, the more game time this kid gets the better he will become.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Just wondering why you say that with regard to both Avo and Foran playing halfback? To me there is not much difference in the modern game apart from who gets the ball from first receiver which Foran does a lot now anyway. ... both can attack either side of the ruck.. Don’t know why Foran can’t slot into 7 given he’s more experienced and Avo gets the ball with time and space out wide as he’s the bigger threat with his speed. Makes perfect sense to me to give it a go.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes, at this very moment if Foran and Hopa are fit then they play 1 and 6, although 6 and 7 are very similar these days in role, depending on who is the dominant kicker. Hopa has a great pass and understanding of fullback, but both he and Foz lack something Averillo has, speed to burn..

With our squad Hop probably has to play 1 at the moment but Foran can easily play 7 and give Avo a run at 6, the more game time this kid gets the better he will become.
Foran's weakness is long range kicking. We also don't have a hooker that can kick from dummy half (e.g. Cameron Smith, Hodgson, Hunt). Your halves need to compliment each other and I think both Wakeham and Lewis would compliment Foran better.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He has been guaranteed centre, presumably left centre as that is the side of the field he plays on. That fixes up a major issue we currently have, assuming he smashes it.

If CHN decides to stay, that sorts out backrower, for now.

With Thompson in the ranks our current front rowers will go better with a decent #9 getting them on the front foot. So for mine the next thing is a decent #9. How is Friend doing these days?
100% agree that with a good #9 our forwards will look so much better, the slow service to our forwards really hinders them.

Daryl Clark is in his prime and would be class, only issue is that he is signed up for the next 3 years. We would need to pay a transfer fee for him. The likes of Grant and Brandon Smith need to stop being mentioned by other users on here, the Storm will never let them go, they've effectively turned B.Smith into a backrower/lock type player and Grant will be the next hooker to take over Cameron Smith.

Friend is off contract but is likely to sign with the Roosters. McCollough or Roache are probably the two more realistic signings. One out of left field would be Ben Hunt, we would have to pay at least 750k of his contract but he wouldn't be a bad option.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wondering why you say that with regard to both Avo and Foran playing halfback? To me there is not much difference in the modern game apart from who gets the ball from first receiver which Foran does a lot now anyway. ... both can attack either side of the ruck.. Don’t know why Foran can’t slot into 7 given he’s more experienced and Avo gets the ball with time and space out wide as he’s the bigger threat with his speed. Makes perfect sense to me to give it a go.
Spot on! If we don't buy any spine players for next year Hoppa at fullback with Foran and Averillo in the halves is easily our best option.