Official Nick Cotric signs three year deal with the Bulldogs

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon his biggest asset is his power . He is a very good player and has played heaps of centres in juniors

Great signing
Yea he is a power player. A bit slower than I would like but I love having centre’s that can bulldoze ***** every now n then as opposed to these twigs we have had for years (Montoya, Smith, Hopoate, Holland).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is this official?? Nothing on the Official website
Unless it's a Koroisau 2.0 (and we might even be further in negotiations) he's ours. Nothings official until the Bulldogs announce it.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now we need a hooker, and a half then this teams looking good. Burton and we have to try snap a hooker from somewhere, even Ben hunt wouldn’t be a bad shout.

What’s happening with Dufty
I’m pretty sure that Burton is still under contract for 2021. Tyrone May is unsigned for next year I believe.

doggy bill

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Avo (maybe who knows)
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Hoppa
5. Okunbor/Smith
6. Foran
7. Wakeham/Cogger/Lewis/Hastings

9. Thats the biggest ?. Friend or Tom Starling for me
9. Reuben Cotter

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Credit to Cotric and Thompson for making the jump before anyone else, especially to a bottom placed team with coaching uncertainty.

I know they got paid well, but most players nowadays want the easy way out or to only play for a handful of clubs..

It's speaks to Cotric and Thompson's character that they're willing to take on a challenge and prove themselves in a bigger role.
Excellent signings both young, extremely fit and mobile, perfect for the new game.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Marquee player, NSW and Australian rep. Cotric and Thompson to hopefully lay the foundation of a new look bulldogs side.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
upload_2020-7-17_13-57-1.png

off to*

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
With Dean Pay's departure from Canterbury on Tuesday, the lack of coaching certainty had the potential to undermine their pursuit of Cotric, but the Bulldogs have reassured him the chance to play centre remains from next year.

Source

Does anyone else find this at least a little concerning? Someone high up in the club is guaranteeing Cotric a centre spot even though the coach for next season hasn't been decided yet. Who is this mystery person who can make that call, and how is the new coach going to feel that at least one position in his team has already been picked for him? How many other positions have already been locked in?
I think Barrett would be stoked to have him. They way he has Penrith playing direct it would suit Cotric to a tee. CHN we need him to stay.. having him inside Cotric will be great for our attack

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard that too.

There's some other article out there saying we're offering 750, plus that's what's all over the raiders forum.

That all should obviously be taken with a grain of salt though
That figure from the telecrap,or otherwise known as the bullshit news.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Barrett would be stoked to have him. They way he has Penrith playing direct it would suit Cotric to a tee. CHN we need him to stay.. having him inside Cotric will be great for our attack
No argument there, if Barrett ends up being the new coach. My main question I guess is whether or not this is evidence that hierarchical interference in the team is real.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No thanks to keeping Foran and playing Averillo at centre.
Agree. Why does everyone keep suggesting Avo play at center or wing. Avo himself, and even the club, have said he's a 6 or a 1. He would be wasted playing in any other position. It's like buying a Ferrari only to drive it in a school zone. Whats the friggin point.