Nicho Hynes

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
$600k for 3 years. If we're paying Chotrichchch the winger more than that, i wouldve been happy to throw $600k at Nicho who can cover 2 positions in the spine
Cotric is a rep player who has way more experience than the 25 year old Hynes who has less than 20 NRL games to his name

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric is a rep player who has way more experience than the 25 year old Hynes who has less than 20 NRL games to his name
My point being we paid $600k for a winger who thinks of himself as a center, whereas Cronulla bought a half for the same price.. i dont really think its overs when you compare it like that. Understand Hynes is still kind of a rookie though and thats alot of money to gamble on him but we did the same with Burton to be fair

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Matt duffty is better the Hynes.
Hooker wise we need to pull out from brendan smith. His playing hard to get. Daryl clark or mitch kenny will be more realistic.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt duffty is better the Hynes.
Hooker wise we need to pull out from brendan smith. His playing hard to get. Daryl clark or mitch kenny will be more realistic.
Clarke wants $800k though and is untried in the NRL. I think we'd be better off trying to lure Hodgson or Starling - whichever Canberra don't want

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
600 k for Hynes. That is a terrible signing. He is going to play at 6 and I am yet to see any kind of decent kicking game.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very interesting to see how Hynes goes next season but he'll no doubt be playing in the halves. For mine he is made to look better than he is as part of the Storm system and backline players that he has around him, similar to when Allen was fullback for Souths. One thing I've noticed with Hynes is that when he gets through the line and looks like making a clean break, he gets grabbed from behind. He doesn't seem to have the top acceleration of some of the star fullbacks. I'm not concerned that we didn't nab him personally. My main concern at the moment is the DWZ keeps getting selected at fullback even though he has no future there. I would rather see Meaney or Allen there once he is back, probably Meaney as our centre stocks are too low to not play Allen there. I just can't believe we haven't had a real, inform, consistent fullback since Barba 2012 and it's no coincidence that's the last time we were a genuine good team (maybe 2015 when Morris was fit and at fullback with Cook at hooker)

Malla

Reaction score
My point being we paid $600k for a winger who thinks of himself as a center, whereas Cronulla bought a half for the same price.. i dont really think its overs when you compare it like that. Understand Hynes is still kind of a rookie though and thats alot of money to gamble on him but we did the same with Burton to be fair
And they paid 600k for a fullback who thinks hes a half

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't get the hype on this guy. Looks great in a storm system where everything is simplified to the tee where everyone knows their role and puts in so he doesn't have to pick up any of the slack.

I think he's going to struggle in a shonkies side when playing as a half

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why is this still a thread he already signed with the sharks get the f over it. Waste of breath.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get the hype on this guy. Looks great in a storm system where everything is simplified to the tee where everyone knows their role and puts in so he doesn't have to pick up any of the slack.

I think he's going to struggle in a shonkies side when playing as a half
I cant believe they signed him as a 5/8th. Totally unproven in that position. Does he even have a kicking game ?

Him and Moylan would be a diabolical halves pairing so good luck to them.