Next years centres

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily.. Xerri probably will need time in Reserves before he plays FG. The two Q Cup players are squad players and probably won't feature in FG. I would not be surprised if Averillo and Alamoti are both re-signed.

Also, the top 30 might be expanded to a top 40 by next season as the NRLPA are still negotiating the CBA. So these are most likely depth signings and not much more at this stage.
You are correct, Xerri won't be the same player when he left the game 4 years ago. Nothing compares to match fitness in league. I don't see him starting round 1 unless Averillo and Alamoti both leave.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Scoring some flukey tries doesn't make him a good centre, his average defense has conceded way more tries than he has scored. Campbell Graham can defend and runs the ball straight and hard, no comparison there
You can keep stroking your hate-boner all you like. If you can't show me highlights of 8+ tries conceded that can be directly attributed to Avo this year, your argument is just words on a screen.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they’ll keep Avo as CC rates him and is responsible for his turnaround. The kid is a junior who wants to stay.

Alamoti? Who knows? Maybe they plan to transform him into a 13? Maybe guys like Waddell and RFM might be on outters.

I’m sure Ciraldo knows what the end plan is.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can keep stroking your hate-boner all you like. If you can't show me highlights of 8+ tries conceded that can be directly attributed to Avo this year, your argument is just words on a screen.
Prove me wrong and I'll stand corrected

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And don't confuse my love for him to play somewhere else, with hate. I wish him the best of luck at whatever club he is at next year

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Prove me wrong and I'll stand corrected
Burden of proof is on the one making the claim, mate. "his average defense has conceded way more tries than he has scored" is hyperbolic nonsense. He's scored 7 tries from 12 appearances and has 4 try assists. His Tackling Efficiency is higher than Graham's at 83.4%. The kid's 22 and has two things you can't coach, instinct and speed. He's not the best defensive centre in the league right now, no, but he'll get tougher with age. Of the centres on our books for next year, he's at the top of the pecking order right now.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burden of proof is on the one making the claim, mate. "his average defense has conceded way more tries than he has scored" is hyperbolic nonsense. He's scored 7 tries from 12 appearances and has 4 try assists. His Tackling Efficiency is higher than Graham's at 83.4%. The kid's 22 and has two things you can't coach, instinct and speed. He's not the best defensive centre in the league right now, no, but he'll get tougher with age. Of the centres on our books for next year, he's at the top of the pecking order right now.
You claim he is good ? My claim is ,he won't be here next year

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You claim he is good ? My claim is ,he won't be here next year
I said the stats put Avo at equal 2nd for highest scoring Centre in the comp right now. That's a statement of fact, not a "claim." You can claim his tries are flukes but there has to come a point where you recognise that putting himself in the position to score those tries consistently is an important part of being an outside back. That's instinct.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Hard to estimate his height from his highlights package
It just doesn’t seem quite right.

If Starling’s 5 feet 8, many of the guys towering above him must be about 7 feet tall - which they aren’t.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he's silenced alot of the justified criticism...and well done to him. When pushed into a corner, its up to you to fight your way out.
His defence is the issue....you need to be able to handle big mobile bodied players running at you at the edges.....he has pace and he is improving....but the jury is still out

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think they’ll keep Avo as CC rates him and is responsible for his turnaround. The kid is a junior who wants to stay.

Alamoti? Who knows? Maybe they plan to transform him into a 13? Maybe guys like Waddell and RFM might be on outters.

I’m sure Ciraldo knows what the end plan is.
Imagine having Okunbur and Slowamoti in your forwards. It’s not a position with a NRL wide shortage like the halves lol

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But but but he’s a cat.