Next years centres

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lino might just be a human tackling bag for training.
Ive always thought we needed better centres.
Both are,trying hard now because its contract time but against quality opponents they struggle.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha.. I think it's more to include development players and some Reserves players so you don't have to go through this exemption shit and wait til round 11 to play whoever you want.
It really needs to happen, with HIAs, injuries and suspensions, 30 isn't enough cattle

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I think it is clear what his is doing. There are just no established forwards out there. What he is doing is signing players with big athletic bodies and figuring out where to play them later hoping at least some can play in the middle as impact players at least.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There's no way we let Avo go if he wants to stay. Young Dogs junior we've put a lot of work and money in to, who's finally having a breakout year? It would be really poor roster management to let him go at this point in his career, just so he can turn in to the next star for another team. I would not be surprised to see Alamoti go, though. There's clearly interest from other teams and a logjam of outside backs here.
EQW is probably a depth signing. Xerri has 0 recent NRL experience and, barring a miraculous comeback, very likely starts the year in NSW Cup. Lino is a fucking attacking machine. His attacking stats for this year are wild. His defence SUUUUUUCKS, though. He'd get found out by the good teams way too easily on an edge. He's big enough to play in the middle, where he'd be less of a defensive liability, so he could very well be coming to play in the forwards, as people are suggesting.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avo has about a 20% chance of staying, due to his versatility . . . Alamoti, much less than that.
On the right money Avo would be great to keep. He can literally cover every position in the backline at a pinch. He is a better version of Tyrone Peachey.

I believe his best positions are centre and FB.

Xerri/Avo is a very quick centre pairing. This is hoping that Xerri comes back the same or better than he was, might need time in cup.

Alamoti is destined for a move to the middle at some point as he is only going to get bigger which will effect his speed even more.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On the right money Avo would be great to keep. He can literally cover every position in the backline at a pinch. He is a better version of Tyrone Peachey.

I believe his best positions are centre and FB.

Xerri/Avo is a very quick centre pairing. This is hoping that Xerri comes back the same or better than he was, might need time in cup.

Alamoti is destined for a move to the middle at some point as he is only going to get bigger which will effect his speed even more.
If Wilson got some time at fb, i think he would prove to be a great option, leaving Crichton, arguably the best defensive centre in the game, to do just that

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perham has been underwhelming too, I'd be surprised if he isn't being "shopped around"
Perham hasn’t set the world on fire but he is a close to minimum wage depth player. They won’t find anyone better for his money. He can cover any backline position to an acceptable level. He has one more year on his contract I cannot see him going anywhere.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know some kennelers will be butt hurt, But the fact we have signed Bronson Xerri, Ethan Quai Ward and Melino 'Lino' Fineanganofo to the top 30 for next year, means Alamoti and Averillo are gone and goner
You do realise Wilson, Casey and burns are also off contract and need replacing

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We've got the best centre we've had in years that can score points from anywhere and people want to replace him with reserve graders from Qcup that are older than him with 0 NRL experience :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think we keep both. I think Perham will drop out. Alamoti won’t command too much for his next contract and I think they will look to shuffle positions players around with a few players.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's probably Averillo and Alamoti at this point, Xerri starting off in reserve grade. If Xerri's ready straight off the bat Averillo probably keeps his spot on form but Alamoti more potential and Averillo more versatile (good 14). We should be keeping both Averillo and Alamoti. The other signings are just depth to replace more deadwood.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It will be Alamoti and Averillo. We will be keeping both
Agreed mate, I think they both stay. Gut feel is Avo signs longer extension and Alamoti signs 12mths which would benefit him and the club to see where everything stands after 2024.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see a problem with buying cheap young centres if Gus and Ciro reckon they improve the squad depth and might come on as NRL players. It's probably a sign that a few current top 30 backs are going and they don't think there's much ready to step up from within. Casey will go, Okunbor too from the backs, even if we keep him as a backrower (we shouldn't IMO). So that's two, and Burns is another possibility. And who knows, Avo or Alomoti might get better offers to leave - maybe too good to refuse.

I'm pretty happy wherever it lands. I'd love the local juniors to stay, but we'll end up with 2 good centres and some decent depth which is the main thing.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed mate, I think they both stay. Gut feel is Avo signs longer extension and Alamoti signs 12mths which would benefit him and the club to see where everything stands after 2024.
Benefits us to jetison the dead wood

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Perham hasn’t set the world on fire but he is a close to minimum wage depth player. They won’t find anyone better for his money. He can cover any backline position to an acceptable level. He has one more year on his contract I cannot see him going anywhere.
So is Wilson, he has proved he has a good work rate, unlike some ofnthe other albatrosses

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's no way we let Avo go if he wants to stay. Young Dogs junior we've put a lot of work and money in to, who's finally having a breakout year? It would be really poor roster management to let him go at this point in his career, just so he can turn in to the next star for another team. I would not be surprised to see Alamoti go, though. There's clearly interest from other teams and a logjam of outside backs here.
EQW is probably a depth signing. Xerri has 0 recent NRL experience and, barring a miraculous comeback, very likely starts the year in NSW Cup. Lino is a fucking attacking machine. His attacking stats for this year are wild. His defence SUUUUUUCKS, though. He'd get found out by the good teams way too easily on an edge. He's big enough to play in the middle, where he'd be less of a defensive liability, so he could very well be coming to play in the forwards, as people are suggesting.
We have cut better centres than Averagello before

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We've got the best centre we've had in years that can score points from anywhere and people want to replace him with reserve graders from Qcup that are older than him with 0 NRL experience :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
We might get someone who has a go . . .
Avo, cut

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am puzzled by the way people always presume signing just any player means automatic success ?
I predict this will be the backline to start with
1 Wilson...............Papalii
2 Kiraz...................Perham
3 Averillo..............Burns / Quia-Ward
4 Crichton............Xerri / Lino
5 JAC......................Skelton
Xerri would most likely push his way into the centre, Crichton to fullback.