Next for Cleeland

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mbye was without doubt a failure in the halves. He does not organise. He is not the slightest bit creative. His strengths are his running game and his defence.
I still maintain he is a natural type of player to put in the centres. I know that means Hoppa goes back to fullback, but he is OK there.
Mbye can run, pass, tackle, and finish off movements. Centre is his spot.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mbye was without doubt a failure in the halves. He does not organise. He is not the slightest bit creative. His strengths are his running game and his defence.
I still maintain he is a natural type of player to put in the centres. I know that means Hoppa goes back to fullback, but he is OK there.
Mbye can run, pass, tackle, and finish off movements. Centre is his spot.
His a Coote type FB, a right side running 5/8 next to Hoppa partnering Foran or could be one of the best hookers in the comp. Don't know about centre hey, he just don't break enough tackles for me to be a centre.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Mbye is and it shits me Pay wants to play him at Fb instead of chasing someone like RTS hard. There is also Brown whom I'm pretty sure will get a run before Cleeland.
Mbye has failed in the halves for 4 years. Nothing will change there.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Cleeland went on the market tomorrow, we lose him to Manly and he plays first grade alongside DCE... guaranteed.
Probably right. He will walk into a lot of FG teams, but I believe the Cowboys is his first choice.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably right. He will walk into a lot of FG teams, but I believe the Cowboys is his first choice.
Don't agree. Given our salary cap problems if there was an opportunity that came to him during last season we would have jumped at moving him on. Even if he was on peanuts it would've given us an opportunity to keep a young kid signed up. We are his third NRL club and he hasn't had a start in any of them so all the coaching staff can't have it wrong. There must be a solid reason why he hasn't been given a start. The little bit I saw of him last season he looked good but I don't watch him every week. The coaching staff do.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see much of the nsw cup games but i'd like to see more of what cleelands like as a ball player in terms of putting second rowers through gaps, playing out the back etc. as well as kicking. 99% of his highlights are of him running the football and its hard to judge whether he'd be able to replicate those type of plays against first grade defences

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
His manager is a member on here, and he almost left last year and was fielding offers from other clubs. Manly being one interested party.
And i highly doubt they were offering firstgrade spots, especially Manly. Manly want more of a halfback to partner DCE, not a runner. That's why they went after Pearce and then Hodko.

Cleeland should have got a shot last season, this season i'm not so sure. He looks good running the ball, but we will probably need more to partner Foran.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And i highly doubt they were offering firstgrade spots, especially Manly. Manly want more of a halfback to partner DCE, not a runner. That's why they went after Pearce and then Hodko.

Cleeland should have got a shot last season, this season i'm not so sure. He looks good running the ball, but we will probably need more to partner Foran.
Cleeland’s running game looks good against reserve graders but there’s no way he would get the same amount of room in NRL. The rest of his game is fairly average and his kicking game is almost non existent. I watched most of his NSW Cup games and if he doesn’t get his running game going you don’t even know he’s on the field.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mbye has failed in the halves for 4 years. Nothing will change there.
He looked a very different specimen playing on the right in the last few games when Reynolds was out. Mbye nrxt to Foran and no des should equal different story..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would like to see cleeland given first shot with foz
To be honest id put Brown and Lewis ahead of Cleeland.. his defence is beyond suspect. He struggles to hit and stick and struggles against blokes his size.. would get smashed in 1st grade in my opinion.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
My pick would be cleeland 1st shot and frawley behind him with nu brown @ no14.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
To be honest id put Brown and Lewis ahead of Cleeland.. his defence is beyond suspect. He struggles to hit and stick and struggles against blokes his size.. would get smashed in 1st grade in my opinion.
Youd think it would be out of cleeland/brown

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He looked a very different specimen playing on the right in the last few games when Reynolds was out. Mbye nrxt to Foran and no des should equal different story..
Didn’t look that different... he has poor long and short kicking game, poor decision making as well...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Cleeland was as bad as everyone says, we'd have offloaded him last year when his manager asked for a release for his client.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Cleeland was as bad as everyone says, we'd have offloaded him last year when his manager asked for a release for his client.
Maybe because no one was actually interested....he wanted a release to go back to play QLD Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.