Next few years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewy does not deserve to get shots fired at him! He’s there because we have no one else an for a young guy 4 games into the big time he has done well..

Yes it comes in short bursts an he can’t maintain it consistently for the full 80 mins an it breaks down but it takes time an he is learning an will be better for it next year after another off season .

I’m glad we signed him because at the moment we don’t have a lot.

Give him a break and more time to prove himself an see how he goes next year and then make your decision.
Jt was crap in hiis first 3 games If I remember rightly and Folksey said he would be no good he is too small cant tackle, famous words now, if only we can see the future. This kid is good and will possibly be very very good he has the geans and obviously comes from a great football family hope he doesnt read some of this shite about him on here it wouldnt do his confidence any good or again it might make him more determined, he carried the team last Thurs obviously no one saw that, to me him and Jacko were the only players that wanted to be there.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is nothing special and never ever ever ever will be. End of story. Ppl are blind as a fucking bat if they think this kid has got what it takes.

You can't even compare his determination to Reynolds. Lewis has nothing.

Foran and Cogger halves next year barring injury, and that's depressing saying that as well.

Our whole squad next year pretty much is useless besides a select few. And with Pay as coach then its even worse.
I thought you would have more foresight Moey Steve Folkes said exactly what you said about JT

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
when will everyone realise that resigning Lewis is not really a good thing, just a fill in to a position that he won’t even fill in.. he’s not our saviour and never will be... JMK, I feel embarrassed having league conversations with people and having to say that JMK should be our utility, he’s not first grade standard... but that’s all we got... Nu brown came to play five eight and after 17rounds played more then 20mins yesterday... he’s not the answer also, people are looking forward to cogger, if cogger has a bright future knights wouldn’t have signed Pearce, they’ve proven that they weren’t afraid to blood youth.. which leaves me with Foran, a cripple who has been quoted to me by players as being hit by a truck who can’t walk after games.... not the answer... nick meaney, average at best... we have no hooker that’s capable of steering a team around...

Ohhh it’s not all negative, remis smith, I see good things in, as do I see in ofa

it dark days ahead boys... but this optimistic crap about Lewis, JMK, meaney... stop being so blinded, they aren’t the answer.
Is that you moey

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Your a classic. His 4 games old! You try telling Klem and the leadership to get the eff out of your way. Its a shit position to be in, even for the coach.

Plus if you watch the game again its weird, Its like they either didn't want him to get the ball or they just wanted to do shit themselves.
Couldn’t agree more lichaa looked like he was trying to avoid giving Lewis the ball

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lewis is nothing special and never ever ever ever will be. End of story. Ppl are blind as a fucking bat if they think this kid has got what it takes.

You can't even compare his determination to Reynolds. Lewis has nothing.

Foran and Cogger halves next year barring injury, and that's depressing saying that as well.

Our whole squad next year pretty much is useless besides a select few. And with Pay as coach then its even worse.
Are you still going with this rant? We understand you don't like the kid, now keep it to yourself whilst the other 90% of people enjoy watching the kid play footy.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more lichaa looked like he was trying to avoid giving Lewis the ball
I don't hate Lichaa, I acknowledge his work rate in d and the occasional brilliance in vision but the kids screwed. Its either him or same problem Lewis is having atm where they just cant work around the " leadership" group.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t want better, I want great... Lewis even at his best is nowhere near the caliber of lower grade players in his position coming through
Great doesn't happen overnight. Ben Barba was all over the place, and a nightmare under high kicks, when he started in FG.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't hate Lichaa, I acknowledge his work rate in d and the occasional brilliance in vision but the kids screwed. Its either him or same problem Lewis is having atm where they just cant work around the " leadership" group.
I agree his work rate is ok but his service,vision and instincts are poor

WFC03

Waterboy
Reaction score
Passion, guts, determination... sounds like you're describing Reynolds qualities...
I am sick and tired of people referring to Reynolds. You want to talk about cripples? Foran has played more football than him this year. Also when he was not injured he was getting suspended or running sideways. He has been a first grade half for how many years and yet Lewis is a better defender and organizer and kicker than reynold ever was.

You can have all the passion in the world but if u have no skill to back it up you might as well have a monkey f—king a football out there because they both provide glimpses of entertainment but nothing else

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lewis has shown more talent and passion in the last few games than Reynolds/Mbye/Foran/Frawley combined.

You are kidding yourself.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Jt was crap in hiis first 3 games If I remember rightly and Folksey said he would be no good he is too small cant tackle, famous words now, if only we can see the future. This kid is good and will possibly be very very good he has the geans and obviously comes from a great football family hope he doesnt read some of this shite about him on here it wouldnt do his confidence any good or again it might make him more determined, he carried the team last Thurs obviously no one saw that, to me him and Jacko were the only players that wanted to be there.
I would not be comparing Lewis to JT.
Also your history is wrong.
The club wanted to keep JT but had no cap space to meet orher offers.
They tried to get Anasta to take another offer to free up cap space but Anasta wouldn't only to leave the end of the following season anyway.
The club has been shit at managing the salary cap for 20 years now.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sick and tired of people referring to Reynolds. You want to talk about cripples? Foran has played more football than him this year. Also when he was not injured he was getting suspended or running sideways. He has been a first grade half for how many years and yet Lewis is a better defender and organizer and kicker than reynold ever was.

You can have all the passion in the world but if u have no skill to back it up you might as well have a monkey f—king a football out there because they both provide glimpses of entertainment but nothing else
That's my point... maybe Lewis doesn't have the skill to back it up either. Only time will tell. I'm certainly not thinking he will be our saviour from anything he has shown so far.

indmand0707

Waterboy
Reaction score
I have a general question that would love to be answered... and it's not necessarily leading to criticism... BUT... how could the previous board and Hasler sign Foran and Woods with our cap situation and this board (and Pay) have to release so many players now? At the time, Hasler was re signed to a new 2 yr contract so he obviously had some sort of plan on rebuilding this squad.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Renoylds played with passion and I think he lost us more games then what he won us.
True but he also suffered from delusions of grandeur, brainfarts and sideways crab runs. Lachland suffers none of these!!! Lachy's a well read kid with a great temperament with a willingness to learn, to preform better and hopefully he has a great future in front of him in the blue and white. Much to the chagrin of some members here on the kennel who look to belittle his efforts. :grinning:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Passion, guts, determination... sounds like you're describing Reynolds qualities...
No if I was describing Reynolds I would have said brainfarts, crab runs and the ultimate cheerleader with a bad haircut.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
True but he also suffered from delusions of grandeur, brainfarts and sideways crab runs. Lachland suffers none of these!!! Lachy's a well read kid with a great temperament with a willingness to learn, to preform better and hopefully he has a great future in front of him in the blue and white. Much to the chagrin of some members here on the kennel who look to belittle his efforts. :grinning:

I think Lewis has so much more potential then renoylds and I hope Lewis becomes a great player.

I just think if he was that good he wouldn’t have been pushed to centre in reserve grade.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Lewis has so much more potential then renoylds and I hope Lewis becomes a great player.

I just think if he was that good he wouldn't have been pushed to center in reserve grade.
I just think it's Pay playing favorites myself and wanting to keep a halves position open for his love child Cogger. I think if Pay had his way he would have persisted with Frawley and JMK in the halves but injuries to certain players, with players leaving and public opinion have forced his hand both in reserve grade and at NRL level. I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory but that is a feeling that I've had since the start and during of this season. Pay does have his favorites and honestly most of his favorites are duds. Being a rookie coach isn't easy so we tend to cut him some slack but some of his decisions have been questionable to say the least. Whether it is game planning, positional changes, bench rotation......Pay has proved himself to be worrisome thus far.

Last edited:

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just think it's Pay playing favorites myself and wanting to keep a halves position open for his love child Cogger. I think if Pay had his way he would have persisted with Frawley and JMK in the halves but injuries to certain players, with players leaving and public opinion have forced his hand both in reserve grade and at NRL level. I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory but that is a feeling that I've had since the start and during of this season. Pay does have his favorites and honestly most of his favorites are duds. Being a rookie coach isn't easy so we tend to cut him some slack but some of his decisions have been questionable to say the least. Whether it is game planning, positional changes, bench rotation......Pay has proved himself to be worrisome thus far.
Sorry mate but I don't agree with this comment in any way. Bennet and Boyd. Now that's love child. Signing a reserve grade footballer on minimum coin based on a previous brief relationship, when you really don't have any other options is hardly love child syndrome. Further to this Cogger himself has stated that he has not been promised a first team spot. Finally do you truly believe any coach cares about public opinion? They are judged on 1 criteria. Results.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Lewis is good not great but he might turn out to be one .
So stop nit picking on his every play and let the kid develop.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry mate but I don't agree with this comment in any way. Bennet and Boyd. Now that's love child. Signing a reserve grade footballer on minimum coin based on a previous brief relationship, when you really don't have any other options is hardly love child syndrome. Further to this Cogger himself has stated that he has not been promised a first team spot. Finally do you truly believe any coach cares about public opinion? They are judged on 1 criteria. Results.
Cool let's just chose to disagree and wait and see what happens next year. Priest any one :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.